Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 weeks out, pain, nausea

I am five weeks out today (RNY). I have been experiencing pain and discomfort under my upper ribs off and on. Not sure if it is gas? I read similar symptoms from other people who have had it. IP icked up some gas x chewables and will try it. I also have been having random boughts of nausea, sometimes an hour or two after eating. It started late at night which I though could have been from being overtired, but I have noticed I am increasingly tired in the evenings to the point that I am in bed by 8pm-9pm. The nausea causes me to dry heave a couple of times and then it passes. Not sure if I am suddenly lactose intolerant or what could be causing it? I just had a random bought at 4pm today so now there doesn't seem to be a set time and no rhyme or reason to it. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms?

Gall bladder maybe!?

That is something I had considered. I will call my doctor tomorrow.

I been having same issues, started about 3 weeks post surgery. I been doing lot of reading and it seems like it's really common side affect for sleeve patients. I'm now 5 weeks and still feel sick all the time. Just make sure you keep up your liquids and take your Vitamins and it should go away one day (other sleevers been experiencing this feeling for months at the time). So good luck and hope you feel better soon. :)

I am five weeks out today (RNY). I have been experiencing pain and discomfort under my upper ribs off and on. Not sure if it is gas? I read similar symptoms from other people who have had it. IP icked up some gas x chewables and will try it. I also have been having random boughts of nausea, sometimes an hour or two after eating. It started late at night which I though could have been from being overtired, but I have noticed I am increasingly tired in the evenings to the point that I am in bed by 8pm-9pm. The nausea causes me to dry heave a couple of times and then it passes. Not sure if I am suddenly lactose intolerant or what could be causing it? I just had a random bought at 4pm today so now there doesn't seem to be a set time and no rhyme or reason to it. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms?

It sounds exactly like what I experienced when I allowed myself to become mildly dehydrated. I had to set an alarm and drink Water throughout the night and up my fluids during the day. The nausea disappeared immediately after increasing my fluids. I'm not a doctor but it may be worth a try. Hope this helps.

thanks for this! Today I haven't experience either and I set an alarm on my phone and everytime it goes off I sit and finish 8 oz of Water. I am ahead today and already have 44 oz down. I hope this is all that was happening.

It sounds exactly like what I experienced when I allowed myself to become mildly dehydrated. I had to set an alarm and drink Water throughout the night and up my fluids during the day. The nausea disappeared immediately after increasing my fluids. I'm not a doctor but it may be worth a try. Hope this helps.

It could be gall stone attacks (though I'm sure it could be a bunch of other things too). I had my gall bladder removed 15 years ago and when I had gall stone attacks, I had nausea, extreme heart burn, vomiting (or dry heaves), pain in back. When it was really bad, I had the sweats and shakes and thought I was having a heart attack. That's when I went to the ER and they found the gall stones. I had the gall bladder removed a week later.

Let us know how you're feeling!

I am feeling much better. I think it is related to fluids. Days I am well hydrated I feel fine, and the days I am not it returns after a few days.

Gallbladder plus you may feel like pressure on the chest/heart attack feeling if gallbladder grt dr to do ultrasound.

Rapid weightloss causes gallbladder issues.,mine was 6 months post op.