Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had to have my port fixed yesterday. It had flipped and was unattached. He did a small unfill also b/c I had been so tight. Hope this works out well. It really hurts. Know any pain killers better than hydrocodone? It's not touching it.

Hi

I'm having the same problem am getting ready to have it repaired. how long were you in surgery and did you go home same day? what kind of restriction as faras foods do you have? I took darvocet-n after my original surgery and it worked well. hope you're feeling better soon. let us know how you are doing

Hi Tara!

So sorry you get to do the same thing. It was outpatient. I think it only took about 30 minutes. Some people have it done as a local but they put me to sleep. I took hydrocodone after but I'm really sore so they just called me in something stronger. Other than the port site being really sore, I feel fine.

I was too tight when I went in so he took out .4cc from my band. I haven't eaten much since the surgery so I'll have to let you know about the food issue.

Good luck! Kelly

So sorry to hear about your ports flipping! I myself am waiting to get approval from United Healthcare. One of my greatest fears is for the port to flip or my band to slip. How did you know the port had flipped and detached itself? Did it hurt? Who were ya'll's surgeons?

Tarayn

I went in for an unfill and he couldn't access my port. We looked at it on fluoroscope and it was turned sideways and kept moving. It wasn't painful but he couldn't do fills so we had to fix it. I'm quite sore tonight but I know that will pass. :) Good luck. I have UHC and they've been great!

I went in for my first fill and he couldn't find it..so off to the hospital the next day..and the thing had flipped to an angle, so he has to have me lie on my side and approach from an angle. hopefully it doesn't cause any problems being angled.

well my dr called and I'm having the revision on the 31st, thanks for writing back Kelly I'm feeling less apprehension :) unfortunately I never got any fill because we discovered this first time out. I never felt anything or have any pain at all and it's been flipped since May. Hope the new medicine your dr gave you works if it does tell me what it was so I can get it too....

take care

Tara

My port is flipped also. Under flouro it looks like a top hat. It was flipped during my first fill, but they were able to get it. I went in for my second fill and it hurt like hell so I didn't get it. Right now it looks like they can get me in around Aug 24. I believe that I flipped becaused I didn't follow the 1 month lifting restriction and popped my stitches at work lifting boxes over 40 lbs. I will not do that again.

I had my first fill today and the doc said that my port was "at a difficult angle". He was able to finally hit the right spot but it took 9 tries. Is that how a port can begin to flip? As soon as I read Barb's post I remember having to lift something very heavy 4 days after surgery.

I went in for a fill yesterday and had the same problem My port has flipped so couldn't get it fill, he said he will have to go in and fix it. It is done outpatient. I am happy to see I am not alone out there. He said to waite 3 months and come back and see him, if it dosent fix it self then he will have to go in and fix it.:)

I had my revision surgery last week and I'm doing much better.The first couple of days were really painful but the more you move the better it feels.

I went to the doctor yesterday and I've lost 4 lbs since he took out about 1/2 of my little 1cc fill during surgery. So funny-I quit losing weight when I couldn't keep anything down. Now I can eat again-yea-and the scale is moving down again.

I still have some restriction and have to keep the portions small but everything is much better. Good luck to ya'll.

I am having revision surgery on the 31st, as far as my understanding goes once it flips (completely around) the stitches have broken and it needs to be repaired otherwise it isn't really tethered to anything. I would ask if it is completely flipped or only turned. hope it helps good luck

My port had always been flipped on it's side and I went for a fill yesterday after about a year of no fills and it has flipped completely over...so yes, I do believe it is progressive. If your port is at an angle you will most likely find that sometime in the future it will by unaccessible. I am having mine repaired on August 16th. I am surprised so many people are having this issue.

I just had my port revision yesterday, painful but no worse than the original surgery. Hope it stays in place this time! The Dr. said it was flipped 180 degrees so he had to remove some tissue and move it alittle lower.

Has anyone ever had their port flip more than one time?

I just went to the Doctor's to get my second fill and it turned out that the port flipped!!! I have to go in this Friday and get it repaired. I guess I'm O.K. with it because everyone's post about their experience sounds encouraging, I just wouldn't wnat to keep repeating it!