Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everybody. I was sleeved on the 12th, so I'm just over 2 weeks post-op. I was officially released to soft foods yesterday....and I haven't eaten anything yet. I'm still getting all my Protein (plenty) from Isopure and Premier Protein. I did have a pudding cup or two when on puree, but that's it.

Has anyone else experienced this feeling of avoidance? I have no issues so far with my sleeve, I can drink normal swallows of Water without problems, so I'm sure food will be ok too. I think maybe that's the problem - I'm afraid I'll start eating too much.

Anyway, other than this I've had an uneventful recovery for which I am profoundly thankful.

Two weeks is an awfully quick progression. I'm a month out and still on purees. Maybe my doctor is just super conservative. If your plan allows you to have soft food now then don't be afraid to try. Just start with something light, take small bites, and chew chew chew. I don't think you will start eating too much. When I moved from full liquids to purees, I thought I would gobble up my entire kitchen. I was surprised to feel full after just a few bites. If you are really afraid you will eat too much then just measure out some food into a 2oz, 4 oz. (whatever you're allowed) cup or bowl and only have that much.

I was on purée when I left the hospital and in soft a week out from surgery. I was scared too but you need nutrition from real food. Start very very slow with something easy to digest. I was scared that I'd start eating too much as well and I am now a month out and I'm still fighting to get to 600 calories a day like my NUT wants me to be at. The easiest thing for me was a slice of turkey from the deli rolled up with a slice of reduced fat cheese.

Edited by reree6898

I was apprehensive. I had read about people getting sick, having diarrhea, etc. after moving to soft foods. But I tried scrambling some egg whites and adding some shredded cheese and it was fine. I could tell when I was full because I started to hiccup and/or burp. I felt it in my chest. I knew not to push it. I did have some loose stools that first day or two (this was last Thurs. and Fri.). But I have steadily tried new things to eat and so far so good. No sickness, some almost throw-up moments, but I got over the hump and soft foods are ok with me, which is good because I gotta go back to work so I need to have a menu for lunch items and balancing Protein shakes too.

You can do it. Take your time and try something.

I transitioned between stages very slowly. You have nothing to worry about. Make sure you are getting your Protein and take your time finding foods that agree with you. Keep up the good work!

Im afraid as well..im so scared to progress to new foods ..i have no idea what my work menu will be

@@anna9/15 I started with a slice of deli meat. It went just fine. So that's what I've been doing at work, a Protein drink and a slice of ham or turkey.

Thats the only thing that was safe for me as well...ive never cried so much in my life from being scared to eat

I was on to regular foods about 2-3 weeks out (with permission from my doc) and have never thrown up. But everyone is different. Good luck!

I was on to regular foods about 2-3 weeks out (with permission from my doc) and have never thrown up. But everyone is different. Good luck!

How are you feeling?..what was your first regular meal?

Hey everybody. I was sleeved on the 12th, so I'm just over 2 weeks post-op. I was officially released to soft foods yesterday....and I haven't eaten anything yet. I'm still getting all my Protein (plenty) from Isopure and Premier Protein. I did have a pudding cup or two when on puree, but that's it.

Has anyone else experienced this feeling of avoidance? I have no issues so far with my sleeve, I can drink normal swallows of Water without problems, so I'm sure food will be ok too. I think maybe that's the problem - I'm afraid I'll start eating too much.

Anyway, other than this I've had an uneventful recovery for which I am profoundly thankful.

I was also sleeved on the 12th and I start pureed on Monday and I'm feeling afraid to eat as well. How much weight have u lost since surgery day.

I was 285 surgery day and am 269 today, so...16.

How are you feeling?..what was your first regular meal?

Well I had a good portion of chicken, mac and cheese(maybe 7 elbow noddles with Protein powder sprinkled on them), and green Beans. that was my very first full meat with more than just meat. But for the most part my meal is only meat because I get full quickly.

Hi all I had my sleeve on 10/15 as of today I have lost 27 pounds. I am still on the liquids and I can't down the mushy stuff. I had to stay in the hospital for 4 day cause of the nausea. I am still having it just won't go away. I do not have or ever had any pain what's so ever. I been having lower back pains and haven't use the bathroom for about 2 weeks. I can't take any Proteins or drink enough cause of my nausea and I toss and turn at night. Has anyone gone through this. I don't know what to do anymore feeling helpless.

I transitioned between stages very slowly. You have nothing to worry about. Make sure you are getting your Protein and take your time finding foods that agree with you. Keep up the good work!

I'm going real slow right now, too. I was sleeved on Oct 13 and I'm staying on Protein shakes at least until my next surgeon's appointment on the Nov 9th.

I figure it won't hurt anything and the weight loss has been nice.

Looking at you stats fills me with confidence, too. You've really made a major change. Highly impressive.