Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Nov. 2! Liquid diet is driving me crazy.

My surgery is Nov 2 as well. I've been doing full liquids this week starting Sunday. I'm finding I get hungry right around the time that I am going to bed but I fall asleep and all seems to be ok. I'm constantly drinking something. Protein Shake (I'm allowed 1 scoop of whichever Protein I like with 16oz of liquid, half almond milk and half water), tea, Water, Soups with no chucks, low/no sugar yogurt drinks... It's like it's never ending! We got this.

Good luck to you SalsaKitty

I hear you. It's the worst. The first two days were horrible and now I'm doing ok. Still hate it but I'm not AS miserable. It will be worth it :)

Has anyone tried juicing for their pre-Op diet? I got an expensive juicer a year or so ago, and I'm thinking I'll get lots of Vitamins AND do a nice cleanse before surgery, and maybe in the liquid phase too?

@@Andi2522 I feel your pain. Surgery day is Nov 6th for me. Started the liquid diet yesterday. 3-4 Protein shakes per day, broth, and Crystal Light. Surgeon uses Chike Protein Shakes.

Today is day 2 and while I feel okay, my stomach is pissed off!!

Hang in there!! We got this! :)

Chike are my favorite, but my office says the carbs are too high, wahhh!

Hi! My surgery is 11/2 also! I started my liquid diet today and it is driving me nuts also. I keep being hungry, and then I think of food, but then remember I can't eat. Over and over! Gah!

Hi! My surgery is 11/2 also! I started my liquid diet today and it is driving me nuts also. I keep being hungry, and then I think of food, but then remember I can't eat. Over and over! Gah!

Yes I wish I could say it gets easier but it hasn't. It doesn't help that I have two small children that I need to cook for. Lol.. But on the bright side I've lost 5lbs since Monday.

Yes I wish I could say it gets easier but it hasn't. It doesn't help that I have two small children that I need to cook for. Lol.. But on the bright side I've lost 5lbs since Monday.

Yes, I am looking forward to that "jump start" in weight loss. And sincerely hoping that it helps make the surgery easier for my surgeon. I give you a lot of credit for sticking to it, even while cooking for the kids!

I'm Nov 6th, and started the liquid diet Weds. Day 2 was ROUGH! Day 3 today has been okay. My stomach has been rumbling and gurgling non-stop since Weds night. Should be interesting to see what the scale says tomorrow as it is weigh in day.

Had a headache all day on day 2. Day 3 still a headache, but very faint and dissipating as the day has gone on.

Good luck!!

@@Andi2522 I feel your pain. Surgery day is Nov 6th for me. Started the liquid diet yesterday. 3-4 Protein shakes per day, broth, and Crystal Light. Surgeon uses Chike Protein Shakes.

They're okay, but much prefer Pure Protein. After the pre-op diet and surgery I can go back to what I want instead of Chike.

They're okay, but much prefer Pure Protein. After the pre-op diet and surgery I can go back to what I want instead of Chike.

That's good! We just have to get through the pre-op!

I'm Nov 6th, and started the liquid diet Weds. Day 2 was ROUGH! Day 3 today has been okay. My stomach has been rumbling and gurgling non-stop since Weds night. Should be interesting to see what the scale says tomorrow as it is weigh in day.

Had a headache all day on day 2. Day 3 still a headache, but very faint and dissipating as the day has gone on.

Good luck!!

thanks! I think when I'm at work it will be better, as I will be keeping busy. I hope!

Just try making your shakes as interesting a possible. Keep a variety of sugar free non carbonated drinks handy. Try and get use to it. This is pretty much how it will be when you get home from the hospital. I was sleeved on oct 15th and it has been smooth sailing so far. My doctor allowed me to chew sugar free gum on my two week liquid diet. It helped when i became weary of liquids. Hang in there.

So surgery is quickly approaching and I couldn't be more excited, but I'm on day 3 of my liquid diet and I'm going through a wide range of feelings. I'm hungry, I'm losing my temper easier. I don't know if I'm going to make it.

1) Lost temper can never be found again. Are you really going to squander it on this?

2) You can do anything for two weeks.

3) Blow your nose and pull up your socks.

4) Jazz up the liquid swill with a bit of coffee; vanilla; almond extract; orange extract; cinnamon; a thick, juicy steak; or whatever else would complement the flavors. Whirl it in the blender with a 2" piece of banana or 1 tbs of PB if your surgery practice approves.

5) Go get 'em, Tiger.

There you have it, some of my best material.

Laurie

The pre-op liquid diet is no fun.

It was the hardest part about it for me.

Since my October 13th surgery, I am having 3 Protein shakes a day and lots of Water. I'm having no problem getting it all down and the 3 shakes are plenty of food to keep me from being hungry. No problems whatsoever.

I see zero problems whatsoever with staying on this course for a couple more weeks until the next stage.

My surgeon is very strict on the 2-week pre-op liquid diet and continued post-op 4-week liquid diet. When I was doing the pre-op 2-week deal I hit a wall about halfway through and wondered how the heck I'd be able to make it. No kidding.

Now, though, I have zero doubts I'll make it.

The surgery truly does work. Appetite is less. Hunger is all but gone. There is no urge to snack or graze. The weight.......it is falling off.

It is a medical miracle. I'm very grateful and hopeful.

I no longer see my surgeon as being overly strict. I see him as cautious and safe.

The pre-op is tough......just take it one day at a time....don't look too far ahead. Get through it and KNOW that it truly does get easier.

Well said!!

I find it so interesting the different variations of pre-op diets though. I was on a 2 week no/low carb diet, then just two days of liquids....those were the worst. Amazing how the cravings and hunger just disappear with the surgery. I am so grateful!!!

Headaches!!!! I can relate! I made my own iced coffees before surgery.... Brew a cup, add sugar free Syrup, and half and half over ice...yum....but not since the preop diet. I used to have 2-3 of these a day. The caffeine withdrawals just about killed me in the hospital. I'm better now. ????