Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For the past few days I've been craving a soda????I know that's a no no, but what can I substitute to help take this crave away?

@@MzStockton are you craving the bubbly or the sweet or both? If it is the bubbly, that is hard as at least for me, my surgery team says no, although I have had a few sips of diet soda just to check it out....if it is the sweet, I have found a few things that help like Snapple diet raspberry tea - tastes really good and like a treat (and now I found that costco carries snapple diet with variety of flavors). I also used regular tea in fruit flavors, add my own sweetner and ice - that can be really refreshing. Good luck, I know it can be challenging to "surf the urge" (a cool new technique I just heard about)

@@butterfly23 it's the bubbly!!! I need the taste of a Pepsi or coke(not diet)????but I'm going to try what you said and get a few sips of a Sprite Zero to help take this crave away, thanks!!

How far our from surgery are you? If it's only a couple of weeks, I wouldn't recommend even a small taste of soda, because your sleeve might still be healing. If it's a few months out, a couple sips probably won't hurt your sleeve, but it might get you hooked, so be careful not to give into temptation too much.

I drink soda everyday...if you are more than a few weeks out for surgery, drink a diet coke. It isn't going to hurt you and it will cure your craving. It will also probably taste awful and then you won't want anymore of it anyway. When I went back to drinking diet soda I was appalled by how bad it tasted, and if I had stuck with that instead of continuing to drink it, then I might not drink as much as I do now.

That's your body craving the sugar addiction. If you drink some there depending on how early post op you are it may be uncomfortable on your tummy. I would try something else. When it comes down to breaking addictions some time you just have to wait them up. Since you had this surgery to become healthy do you really want to cave into this?

I drink a soda almost every day, but only diet and only over LOTS of ice and I let it sit for at least 10 minutes after pouring so that the carbonation has a chance to dissipate a bit. The ice waters it down, and letting it sit in a cup for a while helps to reduce the bubbles that I consume.

Not recommending this for anyone, but this is what I do.

@@MzStockton

You are less than a month out from surgery, you had surgery on 9/25 right?

Do not drink soda. It isn't worth it. You stomach is still healing and it isn't worth it. Try to mental work through why you are craving soda and let it go. Be stronger than your craving.

When I was early out and I felt like cravings were getting the best of me I thought about my stitches popping and ending up in ICU and I got past my cravings.

Everyone thanks for the wonderful advice and to let each of you know I didn't fall into my craving(I got a Protein Drink instead)????everyday is a challenge and I'm sure we all get or have got a craving of something we use to enjoy. The the important part is when we have these craving we reach out for help, so thank you!!

This might sound crazy, but my mother freezes Diet Coke in ice cube trays. The carbonation is gone and you can get a few hits of cola flavor without the risk of drinking a whole can.

Here's a crazy thought >>> just drink a freakin' soda and move on LOL!

-RC-