Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I am going to the Seminar next week and am so ready to begin this new chapter. I do have questions though. Maybe some of you can help. My Ind has the 6month diet period but are you supposed to lose weight then? I mean lose gain stay the same, how do you even know?? Does the 6months start the 1st meeting or the seminar date? I'm sure there is more just can't think.

Welcome! How much, if any, weight you are required to lose is determined by the parameters of your particular program.

In mine, I was required to lose 10% of my weight during the six month period (24 pounds). The weight/BMI they took at the beginning of the program was the official starting weight.

Good luck!

Oh ok, geez that will put me at like 31lbs. Surely I can lose 31lbs in 6 months lol. Our ins just says 6month weight loss program supervised. So maybe its none. I just don't wanna screw it up and not be able to get it. I could lose about 55lbs and my bmi still be at 40. Thank you The Post Op appreciate your input ☺

You're welcome. ????

I too, am having to complete the 6 months (I complete it in November) of diet/exercise supervision. My insurance did not require a specific amount to lose. As a matter of fact, they didn't touch base on any certain numbers for weight. I meet with my surgeon for the first time in three weeks (I've been doing the 6 month program through my PCP). If my surgeon requires more weight loss, then I'm not sure what he'll expect. Good luck on your new journey!

I have uhc and was not required to lose weight per insurance but my nutritionist wants me to lose half a pound a week. And I the official start was the first nutritional class for me

We have UMR, and there has been at least 4 people my husband works with get this done and more on their way. Idk if it will say in the ins stipulations or not. Guess I can read them and see.

Hi I am going to the Seminar next week and am so ready to begin this new chapter. I do have questions though. Maybe some of you can help. My Ind has the 6month diet period but are you supposed to lose weight then? I mean lose gain stay the same, how do you even know?? Does the 6months start the 1st meeting or the seminar date? I'm sure there is more just can't think.

You will have 6 visits to your PCP. The first visit it all starts! Don't gain!! You can lose but try not to lose so much that u fall your current BMI!

What about the Therapist/psy Dr I think it is. Lil worried aboutvthat as I have been on depression meds before not now though ☺????????

What about the Therapist/psy Dr I think it is. Lil worried aboutvthat as I have been on depression meds before not now though ☺????????

that is no big deal! I too am on an antidepressant. The psych eval is just really to make sure you are going to be able to cope with this huge lifestyle change and that u have a support system.

Thank you Hollybower, puts me to ease a bit. How far are you in this, if I may ask?

Thank you Hollybower, puts me to ease a bit. How far are you in this, if I may ask?

I have seen my surgeon, and have had visit 1 of 6 with my PCP. Next week I go meet with my NUT and right after that I head to get the psych eval. I'm just getting everything done so all I have to do is finish my other 5 visits and I'll be ready to submit to insurance.

So it is with your PCP that you do your 6months with cause the Weight loss place said they do it...so confusing I see my PCP tomorrow to get the ok and release saying I am a hood canadiate so then maybe that will start my 6, we will see I suppose. Just so excited already

My 6 months supervised is with my surgeon. I see him for the 5th time on Monday. He is looking at a surgery date sometime in Jan as he will be leaving mid Dec for Holidays. He will be doing the endoscope, gallbladder and sleeve and a possible hernia all on the same day. Due to my other physical difficulties he is predicting 4 to 6 weeks before I had head back to work.