Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much do you eat a day

I'm just over 2 weeks out and I've been on a pretty regular schedule. My daily diet is usually something like this:

Breakfast - premier Protein shake

lunch (noon to 1) - 1/3 to 1/2 cup of Beans or chili with a tablespoon of reduced fat shredded cheese.

snack - half a yogurt

dinner - 1/3 to 1/2 cup Beans or chili, or tuna salad

Snack - other half of yogurt or another serving of beans

I buy little disposable tasting spoons from Kroger and use those to eat. I will also add a tablespoon or so of hummus to a meal/snack when I feel like it. I get a bit of hunger/craving every now and then but it's nothing like the hunger is have while dieting pre-surgery. I also find I stay satiated longer than I ever did pre surgery.

I was pureeing the Beans and chili, but my surgeon has moved me to soft foods already so now I just chew them very well. When I moved to purée, first thing I went out and bought were some cans of refried beans... Added a little Water and a slash of hot sauce and they were the most amazing thing ever!

Today marks day 15 post op. My eating schedule is pretty standard, I imbibe about 700 calories a day > 100 grams of Protein and more than 70 oz of Water.

Breakfast (two parts)

Part one, coffee, with splenda and a shot of 2% milk (Cannot drink coffee with less than 2% milk, just can't)

shake #1 11 oz milk, 42 oz powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder (I mix 50% vanilla and 50% chocolate)

lunch, is more of a brunch, I eat later. But is consists of shake #2.

dinner = something, perhaps some pudding, or yogurt (Dannon Light and Fit Greek are fantastic). I also may have cream of chicken Soup, or broth, I try and keep dinner light as I eat is a bit late, but varied.

I have a water bottle grafted to my hand, and a 32oz bottle that I fill 16oz at a time with crystal light (buy every flavor and rotate) as I finish a bottle I mark down another 16 oz of Water.< /p>

I log everything in Fitbit.

My diet changes tomorrow (cannot wait!)

I should mention I also have Isopure carb free Protein Powder, I was out of Unjury due to poor planning, and needed a shake in a hurry. no PDCASS score, so it's probably crap, but I sub that in place of Unjury from time to time, because, well, I spent $50 on it and I am going to use it, lol.

Hasn't been an issue for me. Been eating a lot of the goya refried black Beans and they are super soft out of the microwave. They also purée really well which takes care of the skin.

Sound good what about the skin of the Beans?

Edited by goblue9280

Can I ask why you are skipping breakfast? It doesn't seem like the best idea? What are your daily Protein totals so far? Are you following the plan your surgeon gave you?

I am 3 weeks out from surgery today-

My days are pretty similar

Protein coffee (With Fairlife Milk, depending on which of my protein powders I choose 26-29 g protein here)

This takes me a good 2 hours to drink usually

lunch 1 Light and Fit Greek Yogurt 12 g protein

Takes about 45-60 minutes to eat

dinner 1/4-1/3 cup refried Beans, 2 TBSP salsa, 1 TBSP Sour cream 7 g protein

I will add unflavored protein powder to crystal light if needed to reach my goal of 50g minimum

I am usually at about 500 calories.

I am usually short on water/calorie free liquids... I try to drink but it takes me a long time.

I just never hungry in the morning and my doc says to focus on my Water right now instead of Protein to keep myself from getting dehydrated. I have about 15-20 grams of protein between eating a day right now but the next couple days I can add Tina so should increase it a lot!!!

In the mornings Breakfast comes in two stages.

First stage is four ounces of 2% Fairlife Milk. I keep a couple of coffee mugs in the freezer and they keep my milk cold as I sip on the milk. Even slightly less than ice cold milk is yuck!

When the rest of the family is waking up, needing Breakfast, coffee, lunches made and what not; I usually have some form of egg (usually lightly scrambled) with some shredded cheese, a little hot sauce and a few small bites of Turkey sausage (or Turkey bacon).

I stay pretty full from about 6-10 between the milk, the eggs and the turkey.

By ten I'm starting to feel hungry and will then snack on either a cheese stick, a Babybel or Tillamook cheese snack.

At lunch (between 12-1) I will have a Laughing Cow cheese wedge, spread over two thin slices of either turkey or chicken from my local deli. I usually dip them in Spicy Mustard. I don't ever need more than that but sometimes I will eat another half cheese stick. Sometimes I have shrimp (steamed from home) dipped in homemade cocktail sauce or chicken salad from my grocer. Sometimes I will eat the chicken (or egg or tuna) salad with a few Wheat Thins.

By three or three thirty I will have a Greek Yogurt. I aim for no more than 10 grams of sugar, no less than 12 grams of Protein and no more than 100 calories. This gives me lots of options. Chobani Simply 100, Dannon Light and Fit, Oikos Triple Zero. Some flavors work well with PB2 powder (Jiffy makes one that has equal nutritional value) and with that I can up my Protein intake from 12 to 16 or 17 grams of protein.

dinner is always varied but centers around lean Proteins and well cooked non-starchy veggies (green Beans, asparagus, zucchini, squash). Last night I roasted a whole chicken in my dutch oven, had a slice of that with a quarter of mashed sweet potato and a few fresh (steamed) green Beans with lemon and pepper.

My nutritional goals are at this time to consume no more than 50 grams of carbs, 600-800 calories, 20 grams of sugar and at least 50 grams of protein. I have steadily lost 2-5 pounds a week since surgery, I have never been constipated, thrown up or lethargic.

This works for me, it may not work for anyone else but my surgeon, my PCP and my NUT are happy with my plan.