Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weight loss slow down?

Hi all,

so I've lost 40 kgs in 4 months. I know. Wow. But I still have 10-15 more to go to be happy and now there's this natural slow down in the weight loss. I know it's normal and all, but is there anything I can do to get back to losing? More sports? Less food? Don't know. Anyway thanks.

Are you tracking your calories? Believe it or not, sometimes increasing calories helps move things along. And depending what your excersise regimen is, obviously more can be good for jump starting things. If you're an excersise fanatic, less is better. It's all about keeping your body guessing by doing the opposite of what it's expecting.

You really should just be patient though. You've lost a lot of weight in a short amoumt of time! You'll get the last bit off. Let your body catch up! Besides, what's the hurry? It took me over a year to get to my goal weight, and learning to maintain is harder than losing for sure. Enjoy the ride!

You're doing great!

I had my surgery on Feb 28th (2015) and I have lost 56 pounds.

You're doing great!

I had my surgery on Feb 28th (2015) and I have lost 56 pounds.

how much weight did you start at?

130 kilos

now down to 90

trying to get to 75-80

Am I translating this correctly? Are you over 6 ft tall or is that a typo?

Am I translating this correctly? Are you over 6 ft tall or is that a typo?

I am 6 4 approx (194 cm)

Isn't 165 lbs a bit thin for a male?

Isn't 165 lbs a bit thin for a male?

Want to see, at least once.

In case you guys asked me: I'm 5'4, and my SW was 270. I had my surgery on Feb 28th (2015). And I also have PCOS

The truth is your body isn't giving up the pounds because that's not a healthy weight for your age/sex. 165 might not be realistic. Keep in mind the closer your are to a normal BMI the more the body will protect itself. So if you are aiming for another 10 -15lbs then you are likely going to have to work your butt off to achieve it. This might be a good time to hit the gym. You could build up nice muscle mass and definition as well as losing that last 10lbs. Do not eat less. Starvation isn't the key. Look at the types of foods you are eating and the times you eat. I fuel my workouts with higher carbs and Protein. This is the time when your body can use those things to help burn fat and build muscle.