Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnancy after Gastric Bypass?

I haven't seen many posts regarding pregnancy after gastric bypass

I Am 14 months post RNY and almost 6 weeks pregnant I'm super nervous about my baby getting the nutrients it needs. Anyone out there experience pregnancy post RNY ?

I would assume your PCP and OBGYN would adequately provide you with the right guidelines for nutrition, diet recommendations and supplement information. That is of course assuming your OBGYN is experienced in dealing with pregnant WLS patients.

I would do some research (Google had some good reads) and make a list of concerns/questions/suggestions to take with you to your next PCP and or OBGYN appointment.

Don't leave it the hands of your medical professionals, you need to educate yourself on what to expect during your pregnancy since you are a WLS patient.

I wish you and your family the best of luck and an easy pregnancy.

Thank you I'm aware of how to google and such additionally I am working with a very informative midwife however

I was looking for more of people's personal experiences, I have a child already but with this one I have the RNY under my belt. It will be very different this time around

I had no problems with my pregnancy. I had rny December 2011 and had my baby November 2014. At 14 months out you should be ok. Your baby is going to get the nutrients it needs first, you second.

I had no problems either

Just can't rid of this weight and can't stop eating now

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches