Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers How are we doing?

@@Starting to shrink why are you regretful?

I was sleeved on 9/8. I had hernia surgery as well. Today I'm feeling better than I felt in a while. I'm curently 175 and before surgery I was 197.I haven't loss any weight since I have come home from hospital. I had many complications and still have a few like.... Getting all my fluids in and including protein.I can't poop at all. I have my 4week check up on tomorrow. I am so ready to exercise. I fight everyday for energy and I honestly think it will be better once I can exercise. Any suggestions on how to get all the fluids done daily and something that makes you poop but gentle on the belly?

Someone suggested Miralax somewhere and I KNOW myself that milk of magnesia works. I wish I had answers for the other things, I just keep trying and trying. I keep Protein Powder at work so I can put it in stuff and I have these mini quiches I eat on the way to work that we put Protein powder in when making them. I try to pick foods with protein like greek yogurt, cottage cheese, chicken or fish. If I have V8 i put protein powder in it though it makes it taste a bit off to me but I can still drink it. I'm still figuring it all out.

Hi all!

i was sleeved on 9/28 so that makes me 10 days post op and i'm getting my Protein and Water in but i'm still pissed at myself for doing this. i had my 1st dr appt today and found out i'm down 22 lbs, yes great, but i'm still regretful. Anyone else feel this way? i hope it goes away soon.

Hi all!

i was sleeved on 9/28 so that makes me 10 days post op and i'm getting my Protein and Water in but i'm still pissed at myself for doing this. i had my 1st dr appt today and found out i'm down 22 lbs, yes great, but i'm still regretful. Anyone else feel this way? i hope it goes away soon.

Thank goodness you said it because I really thought I was the only one. I regret doing this to my body. I thought of this 2 and a half years before doing it. And now I wish I had never done it I'm 10 days post op I feel like crap I hurt I have major explosive diarrhea I can't sleep for more than 2 hours at a time I can't get in enough Water or protein.I can not say enough why oh why did you do this yes I've lost 22 pounds in 10 days but I wish everyday that I didn't do it. Oh and my back is on fire all the time my surgeon says its a phase but I truly don't know. Everyday I wake up and say it will be better today but nope not yet!!! Feeling lost

Starting to Shrink, I kinda feel the same way I have had complications and recovery has been painful, scary and difficult! I have asked myself why did I do this and I wish I would have known how difficult it would truly be. I do feel as I get better that I am starting to remember why I did this and try to refocus on getting to my goal. I hope things are better for us both and in a few months we look back and are greatful we did it! Good luck:D

i keep saying the same to myself .. remember why you did this.. and i think you're right that in a few months we will say we're grateful .. i'm just hoping those months roll by quickly.

@@Starting to shrink why are you regretful?

i'm regretful because i started this journey at age 48 which i know isn't old but it's not young either then add to that the fact that i have a lot of issues with my spine and chronic pain so all that together makes it a bit tough to figure out why i gave myself this extra added headache. i'm sure the regret will go away, i just hope it goes soon!

Hi all!

Thank goodness you said it because I really thought I was the only one. I regret doing this to my body. I thought of this 2 and a half years before doing it. And now I wish I had never done it I'm 10 days post op I feel like crap I hurt I have major explosive diarrhea I can't sleep for more than 2 hours at a time I can't get in enough Water or protein.I can not say enough why oh why did you do this yes I've lost 22 pounds in 10 days but I wish everyday that I didn't do it. Oh and my back is on fire all the time my surgeon says its a phase but I truly don't know. Everyday I wake up and say it will be better today but nope not yet!!! Feeling lost

Don't feel lost. i think most feel this way but try not to say it. it's a huge lifestyle change and more than anything we need our brains to catch up to what's going on. Like at dinner time, i feed my sons and i sit down with them thinking, "i could eat what they're eating" then i take 3 sips of Soup and i'm done! i think once our brain re-focuses it'll get a lot easier.

Sleeved 9/9/15. Down 36 pounds since surgery. I have just started eating soft foods and introducing new foods. I have had no problems at all. The only thing is that I am trying to get more Water in. I am doing great with the Protein Shakes. I hate taking the Multivitamins because they are the Centrum chewables which tasty chalky. I am hoping that I can go back to taking the regular Centrum Vitamins like I used to take before the surgery. The only reason that I am doing that is because it has Iron in it and I wont have to take a separate iron pill. Other than, I am very impressed with the life changing decision that I have made to improve my health. Since surgery, no more Metformin for diabetes, cholesterol meds, or gout meds. I still have to take the blood pressure meds but hopefully that will go away too...

Edited by KLF4171

I was sleeved 9/18 and am doing great. Down 16.5 lbs since surgery. The first two weeks I did not feel like myself but this week has been a HUGE difference. I think once you are eating real food and exercising you will feel better too. I sure will keep you all in my prayers. I did not have any complications after surgery so my recovery was not difficult. The biggest problem I face now is eating slow and chewing enough. I have had major pain twice and hope after that last time I have learned my lesson........it was HORRIBLE. Take care of yourselves. xoxoxox

Sleeved 9/3 and down 32 lbs. I couldn't be happier. I didn't have complications, but Constipation for the first 3 weeks. I think my worst problem is weighing myself daily. I get obsessed. Every day is a learning process on what I can eat. I'm just sorry I didn't do this sooner. Too much time spent over weight and in pain. Life is a gift!

Sleeved Sept 1. Down 20 lbs since surgery, 55 or so since June 1. I have had a pretty smooth and easy recovery. This week I've really started to be able to eat things like "regular" food -- chicken breasts I carefully cut and shred into small pieces, a turkey burger patty, meatballs. I've also really gotten a surge of energy this week -- it's as if my brain had to catch up with the way my body can function now.

it's as if my brain had to catch up with the way my body can function now.

I can't wait till my brain gets on the same page :)

Hi. I had my sleeve done 9/21 and only today, I'm leaving the hospital. I've had complications on top of complications lol! It's been the toughest 3 weeks of my life. It's nice to see how others are doing. I'm happy to soon be able to get into the flow of things. Grateful for this community too. I need support. I feel like I'm weakest I have ever been.

I was sleeved on September 25th, since the surgery I've lost 26lbs but I've never had this much regret in my life. I try to follow my surgeons guidelines and all but as soon as I start reading the handbook my mind goes all blank. I get frustrated because everything just seems so extreme for example I don't drink Protein Shakes or take in any type of Protein at all, I have only yesterday started chewing on cashew nuts and the plan was to originally get protein from eggs but as soon as I consume eggs I throw it straight back up. This journey so far seems like the journey from hell and I often find myself wondering why I even did it but I'm trying to hold it together. I don't get the feeling of full yet and only sometimes get stomach pains due to hunger. I hope this gets easier for us all and I hope we get to where we all want to be because only we know the struggles we are going through.

Edited by Melvyn96

I'm with you Melvin.. Your a week ahead of me and I feel ya. Everyday I pray that my body heals a little bit more so I can at least start to feel like I'm human again one day at a time is all I'm being told. I get even more discussed when I see all these ppl saying no problems eating good no complaints no complications . Wish to God I was one of them but just my luck I'm not