Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Crazy Ates invites all August banders to join us!

I did the same thing. They made me pay $170 for these Optifast shakes before I was banded and it seemed impossible to stay on them knowing that I would never be able to eat a lot again. So needless to say, I didnt stick to my liquid preop diet. I think I gained 7 pounds before I got banded!

I can really relate to this one. I have gained almost 10 lbs since June 20th when I scheduled my surgery for August 1. I think I am trying to kill myself. Went to Pappadeaux's for lunch and just had a big bowl of ice cream with chocolate sauce. UGH.

Hi everyone,

I just got banded on 8/20 and I am an emotional wreck. I am but I'm not. I am because I see the sucess of others and pray that I too will be successful. Went to my company picnic today, they had pizza, chicken, chips, salads. OMG I am so hungry!!! I have done well at not eating what i want, but I was told that I have to wait 3 weeks to eat puree food, but I have read that after the first week I could eat pureed food is that really true? Good luck everyone!!

Good luck to you ! I just got banded 8/21. I am going to go grocery shopping now cuz i am totally starving. I bought the wrong kind of food (meat baby food) and it is grossing me out. Every doctor has a different diet. I can eat pureed food after day 3. It should be mostly Protein tho cuz you need to get 50 grams of protein a day. Best of luck to you!!!

Hi everyone,

I just got banded on 8/20 and I am an emotional wreck. I am but I'm not. I am because I see the sucess of others and pray that I too will be successful. Went to my company picnic today, they had pizza, chicken, chips, salads. OMG I am so hungry!!! I have done well at not eating what i want, but I was told that I have to wait 3 weeks to eat puree food, but I have read that after the first week I could eat pureed food is that really true? Good luck everyone!!

Hi everyone,

Hiya Stephanie, last night I was at a ball and they were serving finger foods and that was the first time since I had surgery that I WANTED some so bad. And then I realized it was because of the smell, it wasnt because my stomach wanted it, once I realized that the thought of it made me sick!!! Unlike some, I have not been told how long I am on liquids, I am just going to asume that it will be the 2 weeks, then I will go to mushies. The worst part for me is that I have never ever been a Soup person, and have discovered I STILL AM NOT lol... hope it gets easier for you...

Bergdorfblonde: I tried the baby food thing too and you're right, it was bad! As bad as the meat was (I tried chicken with gravy) the vegetables were worse! I even tried adding a bit of salt to try to give them flavor and it did not help at all. The idea was good, but not tolerable.:omg:

Hi everyone,

Check with your doctor to see what they recommend. Everyone is different. My doctor let me go to mushies on the third day after surgery and I stay on mushies for 4 weeks. I am SOOOO ready for solid food. And for those trying to get enough Protein during the mushie stage.... what I have been doing is having one Boost a day and atleast one serving of fish. Such as Gortons frozen fish fillets (comes in different flavors), grilling my own fresh fillets (my favorite is salmon on done on a George Forman grill sprinkled with some Mrs. Dash seasoning) and tuna which I add some sweet relish and just a little bit of light Salad Dressing.< /p>

I bought beef with broth and veal with broth and they both tasted and smelled like dogfood! Salt made it taste like salty dogfood! I bought a ton of it too and I tried to return it last night to the store but they wouldnt take it back cuz i didnt save the receipt. So I bought some tastier Protein, but now i am scared that I am going to eat too much and blow it! So I just take a little in a bowl and am trying to watch my portions, now that i have food that I like. I also want to buy Protein Powder and make smoothies cuz that is an easy way to get in tons of protein (1 scoop has about 20 grams!). I bought some unsweetened cocoa last night and I am going to get instant Decaf coffee so I figure if I take some protein powder, cocoa or decaf, ice and equal I can make tasty shakes that might even rival one of my former weaknesses, Starbucks!! Baby food is gross. If I ever have a baby, I am making my own babyfood because I can't imagine feeding a baby that stuff!! :confused:

Bergdorfblonde: I tried the baby food thing too and you're right, it was bad! As bad as the meat was (I tried chicken with gravy) the vegetables were worse! I even tried adding a bit of salt to try to give them flavor and it did not help at all. The idea was good, but not tolerable.:omg:

I'm in! I've always been crazy, and I definitely ate, and ate, AND ate! :biggrin1: I'm scheduled to be banded this Friday August 31. :clap2: Getting kind of emotional. Not nervous or scared, just emotional. :straight

Anyway, happy to be a Crazy Ate and have a whole bunch of people to take this journey with.

Wow, I bought a bunch of baby food thinking that it was going to be great. I have not tried any yet, but don't know if I even want to. Is the fruit good? I bought more of that then I did the meat, but I bought the chicken and apple and thought it sounded so good. "Sounded" being the key word. i also got some chicken lasange for later on when i can have something more solid. OH my, now I don't know if I will eat it. Hope my cat loves it :confused:

Yeah, I am sure you are exactly right. It just went right over my head.

I get it now.

Thanks Bergdofblonde.

Wow, I bought a bunch of baby food thinking that it was going to be great. I have not tried any yet, but don't know if I even want to. Is the fruit good? I bought more of that then I did the meat, but I bought the chicken and apple and thought it sounded so good. "Sounded" being the key word. i also got some chicken lasange for later on when i can have something more solid. OH my, now I don't know if I will eat it. Hope my cat loves it :confused:

I have always like the fruit baby food. I have a couple of jars of that for later.

I bought beef with broth and veal with broth and they both tasted and smelled like dogfood! Salt made it taste like salty dogfood! I bought a ton of it too and I tried to return it last night to the store but they wouldnt take it back cuz i didnt save the receipt. So I bought some tastier Protein, but now i am scared that I am going to eat too much and blow it! So I just take a little in a bowl and am trying to watch my portions, now that i have food that I like. I also want to buy protein powder and make smoothies cuz that is an easy way to get in tons of protein (1 scoop has about 20 grams!). I bought some unsweetened cocoa last night and I am going to get instant Decaf coffee so I figure if I take some protein powder, cocoa or decaf, ice and equal I can make tasty shakes that might even rival one of my former weaknesses, Starbucks!! Baby food is gross. If I ever have a baby, I am making my own babyfood because I can't imagine feeding a baby that stuff!! ;)

I bought protein powder at Walmart and it is really good. I prefer the vanilla over the chocolate though. I have been using that with different flavored extracts and fruit and made some really good shakes. My favorite is banana chunks, pineapple chunks, and coconut extract with a bit of skim milk and ice. I also recently bought SF caramel and hot fudge to add. There is a lot of variety, but sometimes the "sweet" gets to be too much. Just play with it and see what you can do.

hi everyone, sorry I haven't checked in. I was banded on the 20th and doing pretty good. I have been getting in my Protein each day by drinking an Isopure watered down 50%. One bottle has 40 grams of protein in it. I have been sore still but I think I am doing too much. I have gone shopping and out for walks. I don't have the horrible gas pains that I was expecting. I have been eating Soup and that is pretty much it....I am getting tired of soup fast now. I think after this I will never look at broth or Jello the same again! Have any of you found that you are very tight in the morning and it loosens up during the day. I can't even drink soup until after about noon time. I am really only sore still where my port is, they had a hard time setting my port I guess so he told me that I may be more sore than normal.

I have been a little frustrated with the scale...I know it is swelling and the sodium from the soup, but just any kind of progress would really boost me right now. I think I am going to try making some shakes today and see what I can come up with. I need something different. My doc has us on two weeks of liquids followed by two weeks of pureed then to soft solids.....so one more week of liquids to go.

Please keep your comments about how you guys are doing coming, everything is really helping me to understand if I am in the right phase right now.

One question though, I noticed that I am getting some foaming for lack of a better term in my mouth. I am not sure if it is after I eat something in particular, I do notice it more after jello than the soup, but it is kind of odd. Have any of you noticed anything like this?

Glad to join the crazy ates. I was banded on Aug 20 2007 and I am doing great. I have lost 27.5 # since the end of May and including the pre op diet. It seems that now the scale has stopped moving for me right now. Kind of bummed bout that one, but I am just taking it day by day. I am unable to get the tickel frog to work anymore I even tried to set up a new one and it would not let me. O well at least I can still post and read all the posts.... I will have my first pre op visit on Tues. no fill just visit. Hope that goes ok. Well glad I am a crazy ate.... Keep up all the good work and keep on typing........

Nulife2be