Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Crazy Ates invites all August banders to join us!

Don't be nervous. I was also. But went in at 7 and was home by 12:30. Every thing went so smoothly. I have taken longer lunches than that. You will do fine. Let us know how you doing as soon as you feel up to it.

GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES

Nancy

I have 4 days to go.....August 8, 1030am..... Getting a little nervous. liquids starting Monday. Hoping I wake up. I hate to be put out. I want so bad for this to be a success. I have told too many people, now I feel like they will be watching me. If I had it to do over, I wouldnt tell anyone except my husband.

Don't worry 2bthinagn you will wake up. They don't put you down as deep as for other surgeries. Congratulations on your BandDay. I know how excited you are. I had my surgery on Aug 1 and it went very well. I was in surgery at 9 and home by 12:30. I haven't had any problems except for a little soreness and a few gas pains.

I know what you mean about telling people. I thought long and hard about that and decided not to tell any one except my best firend (who is having the surgery Monday and doesn't want any one to know) and my hubby. I did not ever tell my two grown daughters. This is my business and no one elses. Good luck to you and let us know how you are doing.

Nancy

My surgery being 8/8. That's pretty awesome. I do pray that I can get home same day, but depends on what time of day I have surgery.

Good luck to you all.

Hi, Crazy 8's I had my surgery Wednesday. They told us it would probably be outpatient, but I had a hiatal hernia they had to repair when they got in there. So I was total in surgery and recovery about 5 hours. Long time, but I had told the anesthesiologist that I didn't want to remember anything, so I guess he did a good job of knocking me out. The morphine really knocked me for a loop. So much nausea, but other than that I was up and around in no time. They made me stay in the hospital two nights as they discovered that a blood thinner they gave me I was allergic to and they needed to confirm that. So we just waited there. I'm still a bit sore here on Saturday, but up an around and finally able to go on the internet and sit there comfortably.

I went without Water or food for a total of 38 hours before surgery and after while we waited for my swallow eval. I think I did wind up crying before it was finally over, once I could drink I would have drank liver juice (well....maybe not) . Everything tasted so good. Today I had a hard time downing the protein/fluids I was supposed to , but was within the low side of what they want to see so I'm ok with that.

I've had relatively no pain in the surgery areas, most has been from the gas they use in you and the hernia repair. I think this is probably going to wind up being one of the best things I've ever done. I also lost a few more pounds too.

I guess I am a CRAZY ATE! I was just banded August 10 by Dr. Kurian at NYU. Love her! Anyway, I am excited to hear what other people are feeling and experiencing.

Hi all. My name is Rosie and my banding date is this Thursday, august 16, in alpharetta, Ga. by Dr. Michael williams. I am ready.

Any one else for Thursday?

....and I sure 'ATE' my way to this point!

Now I just need to get banded THIS MONTH!

We tried on the 2nd. And we tried on the 7th. Now, everybody, QUICK -- cross your fingers, say a prayer, light a candle, whatever you can do to help -- PRAY we get to do the surgery this Tuesday -- August 14th.

:sick Since I'm SICK of Protein shakes -- I picked this for my crazy hat, okay??

Pam<----going off to browse, I think I have a REAL photo of me in a hat I can put up!

I know what emotions you have been going through. I have been on a roller coaster also. I will keep everything crossed I have for both of us.

I will be praying for you on the 14th. Let me know. Where are you having the surgery?

This is our chance. I know we will use it wisley.

I know what emotions you have been going through. I have been on a roller coaster also. I will keep everything crossed I have for both of us.

I will be praying for you on the 14th. Let me know. Where are you having the surgery?

This is our chance. I know we will use it wisley.

Thanks! I appreciate the support.

I'm having it done at Vista Medical Center in Pasadena, TX.

hi all! just got banded on Friday. I'm sore and pretty freaked out about what's to come - am scared to eat right now. I've been so looking forward to the band but am now a bit anxious to have it and not know how the future will be with it. Any words of encouragement or advice for my new journey?

I was banded on August 2, 2007 by Dr. Kuri in TJ Mexico. So far I have no regrets. All is well. I look forward to this tool that will be my constant companion and a reminder that I am on a journey for life. Cheers to all the Crazy Ates out there! Sheila