Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October List of Surgery's

@@irishaggie @@edie091371 How are you guys doing? I'm doing really well, no pain, no nausea, just bloated & bored taking the sip sip sip routine all day long! I will be glad when these 2 weeks pass!!

@@60&goin4it - So happy to hear you are doing so well! Wow, no pain, either… you've got me there :) I've got very mild pain, but usually only upon first getting up after I've rested too long… hurts to bend over, too. Other than that, I am doing great and, like you, bored with the same ol', same ol' routine. I have my check up on Wednesday and I will be moving to purees at that time, so I am looking forward to that, lol! What about you… same time frame for purees? Oh, and yes feeling super bloated. I could not help it and I weighed this morning and my weight is more than it was on my surgery date. I was expecting this though, have heard much the same, so I was not disappointed… I know it will start to come off soon enough!

Edited by irishaggie

@@cjd2010 I feel the exact same way. Mine is the 15th. I need to go to sleep to get my mind off of this thing, but I can't even sleep I'm so nervous. I like to think I can handle anything (as all lawyers do) but this is harder than law school and any case that I have tried! food addiction is a BEAST!

I am getting a little nervous, I have like 4 hours before I head to the hospital.

Prayers going up for @@395Ron and wife Sherry...Stretching my arms out to U OF MD from Glen Burnie,MD touching the staff with prayers as well.

@@irishaggie I have my checkup a week from Wed. so 2 weeks on liquids until I get some soft food ;-( I haven't weighed yet going to try to make it to my 2 week checkup to do that. With my stomach feeling so bloated I'm probably the same weight I was when I went into surgery. Boy I have found a negative, gas stinks!!!!!!!!! I've run my husband out of our room because of it lol !!!!

I feel so bad for @@395Ron He gave us so much support & now he is having to go through this! I hope @@edie091371 is doing better & all the other's this month that went before us!!! I'm so surprised at how easy it has been for me & pray that the rest will do even better!!

I have post op on Thursday. Just barely getting my energy back, but my last night I started getting a burning feeling in my stomach near the left side just when it was starting to not feel so sore. All I can say us I'm so tired of liquids. Lol... hoping to get to advance to soft/pureed foods after Thursday. And I agree on the gas, but I have yet to have a bm which kind of concerns me.

Edited by soonergirl619

I decided to copy this letter from @@395Ron wife. He is a big contributor to this forum & being one of the best supporters to all of us. He had his surgery on October 6th & this is what he has been experiencing. He needs our prayers & support as he always has given to us! What he is going through is not common, so don't let it stop you from having your surgery.

Thank-You

Hi This is Ron wife Sherry. . I wanted to post on here to you guys it was very important to him that I post to you guys so I wanted to make sure I didn't forget.

He has gone thru the surgery and the day after he was doing great but started throwing up that night so they did a cat scan to see why and he had a kink in the intestine so they took him back to surgery and fixed that however while in surgery not sure if it was the 1st or 2nd surgery but he got sick while in surgery and tried to throw up but couldn't with the tu e down his throat and it went back down into his lungs this is called aspiration. It is very serious condition where the acids from the stomach contents can burn and damage the lungs which is what happened. He was taken to another hospital for a few hours then flown to the university of Maryland shock tram unit (LUNG UNIT) he has been on a machine that pumps blood thru his lungs to help heal his lungs . And is on oxygen to help him breathe. He is in very serious condition however we are hopeful that he will recover.But it will take time we are not sure how long .so if you don't hear from him that is why..if you have any questions please email me at slyliston2000@yahoo.Com as I won't see any posts here to tell you how he is doing and I'm not sure who all he was friends with and please pray for him that he gets thru this ty all so much for the support you all gave him during his research of his surgery and helping him prepare for it :)

Oh no! Prayers and hugs to @395Ron... Thank you for sharing @@60&goin4it, I look forward to hearing of his recovery and he will be in my thoughts until then...
I am so sorry that he is going through all this. We will definitely be keeping him in our thoughts and prayers. We are all like family in this group. Prayers for a quick recovery. Hope to hear from him soon.

I have post op on Thursday. Just barely getting my energy back, but my last night I started getting a burning feeling in my stomach near the left side just when it was starting to not feel so sore. All I can say us I'm so tired of liquids. Lol... hoping to get to advance to soft/pureed foods after Thursday. And I agree on the gas, but I have yet to have a bm which kind of concerns me.

I have not had a BM yet either and bugs me, too. Yet I have had gas, so I know everything is connected correctly, lol, I guess. I am so ready for pureed foods, so bored with the liquids.

@@irishaggie I have my checkup a week from Wed. so 2 weeks on liquids until I get some soft food ;-( I haven't weighed yet going to try to make it to my 2 week checkup to do that. With my stomach feeling so bloated I'm probably the same weight I was when I went into surgery. Boy I have found a negative, gas stinks!!!!!!!!! I've run my husband out of our room because of it lol !!!!

I feel so bad for @@395Ron He gave us so much support & now he is having to go through this! I hope @@edie091371 is doing better & all the other's this month that went before us!!! I'm so surprised at how easy it has been for me & pray that the rest will do even better!!

Yes, @@60&goin4it, we are blessed… Ron's complications break my heart, he was so excited and supportive… this is the last thing he would want. Please let us know of any news… I am trying to get in here often, but I get behind and can not catch up! Edie091371, too… Do we know if she is home from the hospital?

Regarding my stomach, it is so bloated - and my face has thinned out just enough - that people have started to look at my stomach during our conversations, lol… I want to scream, "No, I am not pregnant! Don't you dare ask!", lol. I am ready to not ever hear that question again! Any idea when the bloating/extra fluids evacuate our bodies? I have not seen an average time… 1 week out? 2 weeks? A month!?!

If you would like to be added to our October list of Surgery's or send well wishes & updates leave a message for me & I will add you. My surgery is the 8th so It may take me a few days after that to add someone. Wishing us all the best of luck in this journey together!

1 Oct @guyfrom315 & @covarrubia911

2 Oct @kimvox66 & @SookieLei & @Deanah

3 Oct @@kiwi201000

5 Oct @Jenaenae84 & @barber44 & @winklie & @@newbeginning & @@chrys129 & @@lui

6 Oct @395Ron & @BayGal & @thinner-me & @kellyrit & @@avocadoPAK

7 Oct @eubanks2013 & @soonergirl619 & @Laughingmyassoff2015 & @@Annie71

8 Oct @edie091371 & @@60&goin4it & @irishaggie & @Tammy479 & @@cole1 & @@Grace2115

9 Oct @Allyson Rowley & @amytlovesparis & @@jolms & @@MekeJohnson & @@OneLostJourney

12 Oct @thbrown223 & @Tally_RN & @shakiki123 & @@Karma J Riddell Henson & @@ChunkyChocolate & @@Smallfry06 & @@ByeByeAdipose

13 Oct @Cherry Muffley & @julbel721 & @@sleevemylife & @@pimmar & @@Dub & @lili2333 & @@chavonjb

14 Oct @@cjd2010 & @@mizzmaryk & @@Jamielynne123 & @@whoahbabyy

15 Oct @@shamel811 & @@howardnicole2012 & @@Onelife & @@WillieBradley & @@kvoneye

16 Oct

19 Oct @TristanNicole & @sweettooth2015 & @anewme2015 & @@ASUgrad & @@quiltermom65 & @@rebirth1029 & @@miiasan

20 Oct @CHELLB33 & @@Newnetty & @@Daisydawn34 & @@CHLOE12 & @@lisamarie0817 & @@luvhermitcrabs

21 Oct @SleevenChica & @drmeow & @@tamywill & @@EGN

22 Oct @dede0314 & @werryd & @dancingqueene & @Gossamer & @@pmanley & @@Meganedh

23 Oct @Bournetodo & @@nervous nana

26 Oct @@itstimealready & @@AnnainOK & @@tamywill & @@Mogwaicat

27 Oct @@Culdee & @@Lynn in va beach & @@NinaB & @

28 Oct @Ryan TN & @kayjay14 & @@kathymtz@yahoo.com & @@Cali_Angel & @@Laniev00 & @@aranushka

29 Oct

30 Oct @@ZoeJane & @@scubav85

31 Oct

Lol, no Halloween surgeries, yet!?! Having your insides re-arranged, it is the perfect day for surgery ;)

Very best of luck and well wishes for your surgeries today @Cherry Muffley & @julbel721 & @sleevemylife & @pimmar & @Dub & @lili2333 & @chavonjb!

We will be thinking of you and know you will be awesome!

Wow, our October Surgery family has grown to 96!!! Lots of support for each of us!!!!

Next up for surgery is

14 Oct @cjd2010 & @mizzmaryk & @Jamielynne123 & @whoahbabyy

Wishing you all the best!!!!!

Edited by 60&goin4it

@395Ron Praying for a speedy recovery.