Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October List of Surgery's

So far so good for me today, but it's only 10am so I have all day. I've been drinking fluids every 15 mins or so plus the popcicles in the freezer. I woke up in the middle of the night and started wondering if I'm doing the right thing. Then I asked myself, if I were to cancel the surgery, would I be able to stop eating and lose the 90 pounds I have to lose,and the answer was no. I know for a fact I'd go right back to eating any and everything. So now I ask myself if I'm ready for a new me and I say yes I am!!Now I don't struggle quit so much with Turning 50 in Dec.!! Good luck to those struggling and to those having surgery today. We got this!!

Hang in there. It is tough. But I must say I have energy they I have felt in the last 2 years. Weird.

I'm at home feeling so much better...sipping, sipping and sipping..thanks for all support

@@OneLostJourney how are you feeling? Any dos and don't for us getting ready to go?

hi I really don't have any advice on dos and don't I would recomend to just make sure u do liquids 7 days before that's what I did.. when u go in the op room just keep your head high and trust your surgeon. Recommend making him laugh a bit ask how his day was did he have a good meal lol etc. To loosen him up. After with not being able to do any liguid at all use a sponge swab or q tip to moisten the dry mouth. Brush your teeth gargle with Water u may feel neousous so ask for meds as soon as u feel it. See if you can bring a hug me pillow my nurse made one for me it's some sort of pillow that u can press your tummy against when getting up always remember to breath. When home just play it by the hour how u feel sip after sip. I'm day 4 today and barely drank my shake I feel it's coming back up and gas feeling comes back can't wait ti speak to my doctor today. Good luck xoxo

I decided to copy this letter from @@395Ron wife. He is a big contributor to this forum & being one of the best supporters to all of us. He had his surgery on October 6th & this is what he has been experiencing. He needs our prayers & support as he always has given to us! What he is going through is not common, so don't let it stop you from having your surgery.

Thank-You

Hi This is Ron wife Sherry. . I wanted to post on here to you guys it was very important to him that I post to you guys so I wanted to make sure I didn't forget.

He has gone thru the surgery and the day after he was doing great but started throwing up that night so they did a cat scan to see why and he had a kink in the intestine so they took him back to surgery and fixed that however while in surgery not sure if it was the 1st or 2nd surgery but he got sick while in surgery and tried to throw up but couldn't with the tu e down his throat and it went back down into his lungs this is called aspiration. It is very serious condition where the acids from the stomach contents can burn and damage the lungs which is what happened. He was taken to another hospital for a few hours then flown to the university of Maryland shock tram unit (LUNG UNIT) he has been on a machine that pumps blood thru his lungs to help heal his lungs . And is on oxygen to help him breathe. He is in very serious condition however we are hopeful that he will recover.But it will take time we are not sure how long .so if you don't hear from him that is why..if you have any questions please email me at slyliston2000@yahoo.Com as I won't see any posts here to tell you how he is doing and I'm not sure who all he was friends with and please pray for him that he gets thru this ty all so much for the support you all gave him during his research of his surgery and helping him prepare for it :)

@Tammy_RN

@@shakiki123

@@Karma J Riddell Henson

@@ChunkyChocolate

@@Smallfry06

@@ByeByeAdipose

I wanted to wish all of you good luck on your surgery tomorrow. Hope your liquid diet went ok. I also wanted to wish you a smooth and non complicated recovery. Please keep us posted on how you're doing....and I'll do the same.

So far I'm still excited, not nervous yet. However, I think I'm getting a sore throat. I wonder if they'll cancel my surgery???? What do you all think?

Thanks

Surgery went well. I'm in my room now, sip sip sipping on Isopure.

My surgery is October 27th! Good luck to everyone!

Best of luck tomorrow to our Oct. 13 surgery family!!!

13 Oct @Cherry Muffley & @julbel721 & @sleevemylife & @pimmar & @Dub & @lili2333 & @chavonjb

@@irishaggie @@edie091371 How are you guys doing? I'm doing really well, no pain, no nausea, just bloated & bored taking the sip sip sip routine all day long! I will be glad when these 2 weeks pass!!

I decided to copy this letter from @@395Ron wife. He is a big contributor to this forum & being one of the best supporters to all of us. He had his surgery on October 6th & this is what he has been experiencing. He needs our prayers & support as he always has given to us! What he is going through is not common, so don't let it stop you from having your surgery.

Thank-You

Hi This is Ron wife Sherry. . I wanted to post on here to you guys it was very important to him that I post to you guys so I wanted to make sure I didn't forget.

He has gone thru the surgery and the day after he was doing great but started throwing up that night so they did a cat scan to see why and he had a kink in the intestine so they took him back to surgery and fixed that however while in surgery not sure if it was the 1st or 2nd surgery but he got sick while in surgery and tried to throw up but couldn't with the tu e down his throat and it went back down into his lungs this is called aspiration. It is very serious condition where the acids from the stomach contents can burn and damage the lungs which is what happened. He was taken to another hospital for a few hours then flown to the university of Maryland shock tram unit (LUNG UNIT) he has been on a machine that pumps blood thru his lungs to help heal his lungs . And is on oxygen to help him breathe. He is in very serious condition however we are hopeful that he will recover.But it will take time we are not sure how long .so if you don't hear from him that is why..if you have any questions please email me at slyliston2000@yahoo.Com as I won't see any posts here to tell you how he is doing and I'm not sure who all he was friends with and please pray for him that he gets thru this ty all so much for the support you all gave him during his research of his surgery and helping him prepare for it :)

Oh no! Prayers and hugs to @395Ron... Thank you for sharing @@60&goin4it, I look forward to hearing of his recovery and he will be in my thoughts until then...