Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I'm off pain meds and nausea meds. Still a little weak. Hurts to cough. I had an upper respiratory infection and I can't get rid of the phlegm. I'll probably go home today

Hi I'm off pain meds and nausea meds. Still a little weak. Hurts to cough. I had an upper respiratory infection and I can't get rid of the phlegm. I'll probably go home today

Hi Pea523 glad to hear you are feeling better, and yes coughing along with deep breaths sometimes hurt, but I promise this will go away in a few days. I was lucky I did not have a issue with nausea or acid reflex so those issues I did not experience but I had plenty of other pain in my abdomen area to make up for it.

Rest and walk, rest and walk, you will be back on your feet in no time.

and congrats!!! welcome to the club

~MojoCAMI

Greetings November Sleevers,

Just want to share a story about my sleeve I have now named "Mr. Bumble" ...I am a 11 days post-op.. I am on smooth soft foods, but still 98% drinking Protein shake and crystal light..almost 30lbs down since surgery.

This morning i get up for work, perform my morning routine and just as I am about to head downstairs Mr. Bumble rumbles..No problem I know just the thing, we have been acquainted now for 11days I know Mr. Bumble is hungry and would like something to eat..

So I make my Protein Shake, take my meds which I am down now from 5 meds to 2 (yay!!).. My 2 meds go down fine, Mr. Bumble is less grumpy..so next I take my 1 serving of my chew-able Vitamin... that goes down fine..

so now I start to finish my Protein Shake which is only 8oz of liquid, and just as i am at the last sip.. Mr. Bumble decides he is unsure about the contents I have sent down, and starts to question them by giving me the nauseated feeling..

So me and Mr. Bumble hade a talk. I said am not going to puke, I have to go to work and I don't want to feel nauseated all morning.. Mr. Bumble responded, I don't like what you have sent down, I said said but we did this yesterday no fuss, why fuss now, Mr. Bumble said I don't like it today and thats that...

So I did as only a Sleever with a nauseated stomach could do, I took one of the nauseated meds and Mr. Bumble shut up..

:) thanks for reading..

~MojoCAMI

Lol @ MojoCAMI. I too have named my sleeve. Sami M Sleeve. Stands for Small Angry Monster Inside Me.

I am 7 days post op. Sami and I had a very rough first 5 days. There was no love lost to say the least. The minute my feet would hit the floor every morning Sami declared war. He likes to fill my mouth with saliva. And then, just to show me he is in charge he would make me dry heave a few times. This was my warning to do as he says or he can and will make me puke. So far I've not disobeyed.

The last two days we seem to be becoming more cordial. No dry heaving, and I've not vomited, but every once and a while he sends the saliva as a reminder.

I've been keeping him very hydrated. 70 to 90 Oz of Fluid a day. At first he insisted on only egg whites, but he has since decided I can have the yolk too. He also hated cottage cheese, but now he craves it. Protein shakes he is good with.

I'm sure we will have more encounters as our relationship grows. He talks a lot of smack. I usually give him a drink to shut him up.

What are you eating in the soft stage??

Lol @ MojoCAMI. I too have named my sleeve. Sami M Sleeve. Stands for Small Angry Monster Inside Me.

I am 7 days post op. Sami and I had a very rough first 5 days. There was no love lost to say the least. The minute my feet would hit the floor every morning Sami declared war. He likes to fill my mouth with saliva. And then, just to show me he is in charge he would make me dry heave a few times. This was my warning to do as he says or he can and will make me puke. So far I've not disobeyed.

The last two days we seem to be becoming more cordial. No dry heaving, and I've not vomited, but every once and a while he sends the saliva as a reminder.

I've been keeping him very hydrated. 70 to 90 Oz of Fluid a day. At first he insisted on only egg whites, but he has since decided I can have the yolk too. He also hated cottage cheese, but now he craves it. Protein shakes he is good with.

I'm sure we will have more encounters as our relationship grows. He talks a lot of smack. I usually give him a drink to shut him up.

What are you eating in the soft stage??

wonderful story!!! I like the name SAMI..

For soft foods: mash potatoes go well, I actually was able to eat some steamed spinach (small small portion) sweet potato, yogurt (not a fan of cottage cheese).. and egg whites... I am getting about 70-80 grams of Protein in which is good and I am up to 50oz of non-protein liquids which I am amazed about.. somedays are better than others even at 11days post-op.. I keep the nausea pills in reach when I try something new just in case... I have not vomited to date, but yes I get the saliva filled mouth (yuck) some morning. but no dry heaving though...thankfully..

Take care

@@MojoCAMI and @@HopeandAgony

At what day post op did you start to add egg whites and cottage cheese? I am now drinking Atkins drinks because the premiere were so bad that I could not take one more sip!

My first day home my sugeon moved me to pureed. So I tried it Thursday (my surgery was Monday). He considers both eggs and cottage cheese pureed foods. I have also pureed tuna and chicken with mayo.

The first week of December I see him, and will be moved to "soft foods". Since he considers eggs and cottage cheese pureed I'm confused what is considered soft, but I am guessing I won't have to puree my chicken or Tuna anymore.

Then at 1 month I move to all meats and get to add veggies. Can't wait!

My plan is MUCH different than what I've read a lot on here. I didn't have to do weeks of liquids. I am also not allowed juices. Nothing with a Tomato base either. No mashed taters either... I am bummed because I LOVE tomato Soup and chili. Refried Beans...yum!! Everyone on here talked so much about them but they aren't on my plan, not yet anyway!... sigh

My diet was different than most too. I only had to do a strict low fat 1500 cal diet two weeks pre op. I also can have cream of wheat now, V8 juice, and Soups as long as they are blended.

I have been having Soup, but because I hate the readymade Protein soups, I am still not getting a bough protein.

@mojocami- congratulations on the 30 lbs in 11 days!!! That is great! It seems that u and the MR. are becoming very well aquatinted... Lol

@Pea523: I was having trouble with my Protein the first month BEFORE surgery, both with getting enough, and my financial situation, as time went on the more I educated myself I became a much better shopper, on average I now save between $150-200 every 2 months by buying comparable bariatric products through alternative sources, but my favorite is the "Body Tech" protein from The Vitamin Shoppe, I pay $49.00 for the 5# can and it gives me 72 servings (that's about 2 1/2 months worth) I buy the 24g protein chocolate, so if money is not an issue you can break it down into twice a day giving you 48g of protein, I also do weight training at the gym 3 times a week so I will always need to supplement, I put mine in a shaker bottle with about 3-4oz of Water and it takes me 3-4 minutes to drink it, but I also learned a cool trick from one of the body builders who knows about bariatrics,

1 scoop chocolate protein

I packet instant coffee(non- caffeinated)

2 tablespoons non- dairy Creamer

1 packet sweetener

Ice

1 cup vanilla silk

Mix in blender

Awesome Starbucks alternative and a nice treat once in awhile, also try to make 1oz packets of cashews, or beef Jerky and cheese and carry it with you to get protein throughout the day......

It's been awhile since I posted here but here my story, I was sleeved on 11/19 the day of surgery I slept most of the day but my tummy was hungry like crazy, every time I got up to use the bathroom I was dry heaving and vomiting until I got zofran utu my tummy still wasn't having that it wanted food. I was nothing by mouth until the next day, I couldn't even have ice chips. The next day I was given pain meds which I barely had any pain and nausea medicine before going home I was given my BP meds and protonix. I had to drink 30mL of Water every hour until lunch came. I had broth. Gelotein Decaf tea and some Protein but I only responded to the Gelotein.

So it seems like I was find holding down everything but my tummy was still demanding something else to eat. I walked the halls and then was released home. Once home I was still hungry and drinking 30mL every hour, drink broth and I continue to dry heave and brink up what my tummy didn't like. It went on like this for another day. Yesterday I was able to do full liquids, the first day I tried pudding it shut up for a minute and I was cool the second day it rejected it. Yesterday I tried baby food that I can have as long as it was cooked and thin liquid form.

Well let me tell you how I ate the whole bottle over a period of time. My tummy gets hungry every 4 hours. So my last scoop my stomach was not happy with, I thought it was gas pains so I figured I would walk it off in Walmart Wrong! !, it continue to hurt. So when I got home a did a gas x strip didn't help so I did some mirlax because now I feel constipated tmi still nothing in return but a sore hungry tummy and dry mouth. I am to scared to eat so I continue to do my ice chips and went to be miserable.

This morning I was awaken by really bad heartburn and dry mouth, so I am sitting at my table at 4:30am eating sf Jello and drinking Powerade zero.

Is anyone able to drink a lot more liquids at one time inside of sipping?

Sorry about the long post.

I'm scheduled for November 25. On day 3 of the liquid diet. Good luck!!!

I'm November 25th too! Getting close :)

I was sleeved 11/10 and today's my 2 week post of date! Starting puréed foods on Thursday. :) Once the initial pain subsided from the incision I've had no real other complaints. I'm 5'10....

HW 340lbs

2 week preop starting weight 266lbs

SW 259lbs

CW 248.4lbs

It feels amazing to be under 250lbs. I enjoy somewhat active things and remember certain snorkeling excursions, Water slides, horseback riding, zip lining....having 250lb weight limits. I've never been able to go horseback riding for that reason ((fear of hurting the horse! lol)) My 100lbs loss reward is going to be a trail ride. :)