Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wanted to check-in on my fellow Nov sleevers. I had my surgery on the 10th and have been doing exceptionally well so far. Good luck to everyone.

Congrats, Chuck! Glad you are doing well. :D

Just wanted to check-in on my fellow Nov sleevers. I had my surgery on the 10th and have been doing exceptionally well so far. Good luck to everyone.

Congrats, Chuck! Glad you are doing well. :D

congrats chuck!!!

Okay just another update observation,

Day 3 at home.. one of my pills says to take with applesauce but i am on a clear liquid diet.. so I call my surgeon's office and the RN there says its okay with a spoon full of applesauce..

WEll she should have said have your nausea pill ready, because like greased lightning I started getting nauseated as soon as that applesauce hit my tummy. I was able to take my pill in time and did not have to toss anything back up, but now i know., for next few weeks keep the nausea pill handy.

cramping / spasms still an issue especially when switching between Protein Drink and crystal lite or Water.< /p>

I pass GAS Today (TMI) no BM yet but i did let out a few air clouds :)

~MojoCAMI

I'm really struggling to get my Water in. All the other food items have gone well but water kinda hurts when it goes down. And all the Vitamins and pills are unbelievable. Glad I have a chart for when

to take them or I'd be missing something. Better days are coming I keep telling myself.

I'm really struggling to get my Water in. All the other food items have gone well but water kinda hurts when it goes down. And all the Vitamins and pills are unbelievable. Glad I have a chart for when

to take them or I'd be missing something. Better days are coming I keep telling myself.

Hi mynewlife

one thing I tried this morning which helped a ton (and was mentioned by another person on this forum I can't remember the name but credit goes to them) was to sip warm tea first before taking any meds, then with my water I am adding crystal lite pouches to them which helps.. hopefully one of these tips helps you out.

~MojoCAMI

Hi mynewlife15 and mojocami,

I'm having trouble with getting Water down as well. But I will take your advice and try crystal lite. What day were each of you sleeved? I was Nov 12th.

11th thanks for the advice I'll give it a try tomorrow

Clear Liquids tomorrow and surgery at 7:30am Tuesday morning, 11/17! Can't believe it's finally here! While I am a surgery pro at this point and know what to expect pre-op, things got very real for me this weekend and I am a little nervous to say the least. Here's to hoping everything goes as planned!

Edited by edodd

Clear liquids tomorrow and surgery at 7:30am Tuesday morning, 11/17! Can't believe it's finally here! While I am a surgery pro at this point and know what to expect pre-op, things got very real for me this weekend and I am a little nervous to say the least. Here's to hoping everything goes as planned!

Hi! My surgery is tomorrow morning as well. I am so nervous. I am fearful that I will have a cold or something in the morning. It will be a brothathon/Powerade Zero day today!

Good luck to you! I am scheduled to be there at 9:30am

Hi! My surgery is tomorrow morning as well. I am so nervous. I am fearful that I will have a cold or something in the morning. It will be a brothathon/Powerade Zero day today!

Good luck to you! I am scheduled to be there at 9:30am

I wish for safe and successful procedure Pea523, surprisingly i have only had 1 cup of broth since my surgery.. I have used mostly nectar protien shakes and crystal light..but I am sure my taste buds will change.

Hi, just an update

surgery was on 11-11-15.. i am back driving, and went to the grocery store yesterday and walked around 20-25min.. my tummy growled at me :) so I picked up a muscle milk and sipped it while walking shopping for other groceries.

so here are the issues / symptoms I am still having thus far and some tips

• First drink of the morning: light cramping / spasm
  • Using warm tea to start my day makes it better
  • Sleeping in my own bed (difficult at times)
  • Mix of supper firm pillows for a base and soft pillow for head helping.. (No sudden turns or else :) pain)
  • Gas bubble in stomach. Although I was told gasx is an okay product by the nurse, I still like the baby milicon i think it works faster to me.
  • Pick some up for those getting sleeved in few days.
  • Pain from one laparoscopic site.. I think its the muscle tear my body uses most to sit up, turn, laugh.. (laughing hurts but its funny)
  • just know how to move your body to relieve that muscle of the burden, it will take a a few time to know when..
  • obtain a belly band, my surgeon provides one to all her patients prior to leaving the hospital. it helped on the ride home. You may have read on this forum to bring a pillow for the ride home, the belly band is a good substitute or primary if you don't have a pillow.. I use it for sleeping mostly as I like to turn in my sleep, it keeps me from waking up in pain as much..does not cure it but cuts it down

2 more days off work, then back to work i go :)

~MojoCAMI

Edited by MojoCAMI

I got my date Nov 23 can't wait to start this new healthier life style. Goal are stop using my CPAP machine get off of high blood pressure medicine

mine is Nov 23rd too! Same history, don't forget to take your cpap machine to hospital! Good luck!