Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you "remind" yourself to eat?

I'm eating dangerously small amounts.

Today: 6 oz milk with 1.5 scoops Protein Powder.< /p>

1/2 container applesauce

1 container sugar free pudding (just finished it)

Only 15g Protein today. Less yesterday.

I can't seem to remember to eat. I'm not hungry until it hurts, but then I can't eat even then. I struggle with eating on the go. What do you eat when out running errands?

Set a timer. Do you have a smart phone? Use the timer on it. Or set an alarm clock. Or just a kitchen timer.

Use cues through your day, things you do every day like say drive to work, or watch the 6pm news. Use those to cue yourself.

And when you do remember try hard to eat Protein first. Nothing wrong with the pudding per se, but if you aren't getting in your protein add some protein powder to the pudding or try some Greek yogurt instead. Skip the applesauce and have cottage cheese. When you have sooooo little "real estate" in your new tummy it's important to have protein first always!

For when you are out running errands, Eat right before you leave (another possible cue to remember to eat) and bring along a pre mixed Protein Shake or some powder a water bottle and a shaker bottle. Lots of other options depending on how far out you are, but it sounds like you aren't very far out, so start there.

Why not just eat when you are hungry? That's the most natural way to do things.

Some of us dont feel "hunger" anymore... So its not that straight forward ????

Unless you are diabetic or hypoglycemic you should be fine. Most of us forget that we have enough fuel on us to last us months.

For me, when I forgot to eat I was reminded by feelings of faint and dizziness.

Some of us dont feel "hunger" anymore... So its not that straight forward ????

Yup! If I ate only when I was hungry I would have stopped eating for about six months ????

Unless you are diabetic or hypoglycemic you should be fine. Most of us forget that we have enough fuel on us to last us months.

Not sure I agree with this. You want to get your Protein in so you don't lose muscle mass while losing weight.

Thanks. I'm 9 days out. I will try everything you said.... Except cottage cheese. Yuck!

You might be surprised! I hated cottage cheese pre op but don't mind it at all now. Along with Peanut Butter (which I now LOVE) and a few other things!

I rarely feel hunger. When I do 2-3 spoons of pudding or applesauce do the trick. Which, isn't enough food

Not sure I agree with this. You want to get your Protein in so you don't lose muscle mass while losing weight.

Thanks. I'm 9 days out. I will try everything you said.... Except cottage cheese. Yuck!

You might be surprised! I hated cottage cheese pre op but don't mind it at all now. Along with Peanut Butter (which I now LOVE) and a few other things!

I love PB but I'm not approved to eat it yet.

Confession: I've never had cottage cheese but the texture disturbs me. Texture of food can turn me off. I promised myself that I would try it before I hit 1 month post op

I rarely feel hunger. When I do 2-3 spoons of pudding or applesauce do the trick. Which, isn't enough food

Especially because it has no protein!!! Substitute Protein rich foods or at least mix some Protein powder in!!

Confession: I've never had cottage cheese but the texture disturbs me. Texture of food can turn me off. I promised myself that I would try it before I hit 1 month post op

LOL fair enough. How about ricotta? Different texture. Or laughing cow cheese?

Vitamin shoppe has Protein pudding.

Especially because it has no protein!!! Substitute Protein rich foods or at least mix some Protein powder in!!

Yup. Because food feels impossible I'm just putting protein powder in all my drinks and applesauce, pudding, etc

LOL fair enough. How about ricotta? Different texture. Or laughing cow cheese?

Vitamin shoppe has Protein pudding.

I love laughing cow. It's not on my approved foods list for this stage yet

I have a small little cooler with a built in ice pack for when I'm on the run. I keep cheese & hard boiled eggs int it. I always seem to have a Protein Shake packed in their as well. I still can't eat enough Protein so I do 2 shakes per day.