Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! I am 3 weeks post-op and looking for creative Breakfast food ideas that are quick and easy for the morning. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, but finding time to make it in the morning is tough. Any suggestions you've done to make it more enjoyable than just some eggs?

Thanks!

What are you allowed at 3 weeks according to your program? At 3 weeks your options are pretty limited.

I love breakfast foods but hate making the extra effort to cook really early before work. I have a Protein shake that I make with Protein powder, unsweetened almond milk, Folgers coffee drops and ice. Just like Starbucks and I drink it on the way to work.

On the weekends I usually have a one egg omelette with veggies inside or a scrambled egg with a sausage link.

You can change up the veggies and spices for different flavors. You could use turkey bacon or turkey sausage.

I nuke my egg. Spray the bowl before cracking the egg in it. Nuke 30 seconds if you scramble it or 40 seconds if you don't. I put a little bit of reduced fat cheese on top of that and I'm good in less than a minute.

I would say that if you are on purees, go with some greek yogurt (or otherwise nonfat yogurt) and throw some Protein Powder and fresh fruit (not the sugary stuff that comes pre-made with the yogurt) in as a healthy parfait. There are also some great recipes out there for making pancakes out of egg whites and crumbled Protein Bars. The resulting food shouldn't be a problem as to texture, although double check with your nutritionist.

I was just giving the clearance for food, starting with 1 ounce at a time and building up to 3-4 ounces per meal. So I'm thinking for now I stick with a Protein shake when I don't want the effort of making eggs. But trying to figure out the future is where I was coming from.

food prep is your friend. Make things ahead of time to make the weekday rush easier. I prep on Sunday. You can make eggs in muffin tins and add any fixins' you like then bake them. In the morning you can grab and eat or grab and microwave to warm up. I've also been experiment with Protein powder pancakes. I use a scoop of Protein powder, half a scoop of powdered flax, one egg and half tsp of coconut oil. If it needs it, I add a bit of Water to thin out the batter. I make small silver dollar pancakes and top with a bit of warm fruit. If you like oatmeal you can make overnight oats. Use plain rolled oats, not the prepackaged sugary stuff. then add nuts, fruit, whatever. Cover with milk of choice and sit in fridge, You can make these up to 3 days in advance. Oat are a good source of protein as well as Fiber. Tablespoon of nut butter with half an apple is also a good, filling breakfast.

I make little baked egg omelettes with low fat cheese and mushrooms. I cook them in silicone muffin tins and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

I usually add a splash of 2% milk, a dash of cream of tartar and a few sprinkles of cayenne pepper. You can add any diced meats or vegetables as desired.

You can also refrigerate and reheat for 45 seconds in the microwave. My whole family loves them.

I don't eat meat, so one of my favorite breakfast foods is Morningstar Farms sausage patties. 80 calories, 10 grams of Protein each, 3 grams of carbs, nuke 30 seconds per side. I also sometimes eat a Baby Bell mini light cheese in the car on my way to work. 50 calories, 6 grams Protein, 0 carbs.