Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you see BIG MEDICINE??

I love that show. I am glad they finally showed someone getting banded.

I watched it. It was very interesting. How about her boyfriend wanting her to stay heavy? What was that all about?

I love that show too! I think that lady should have dumped her boyfriend. He doesn't have her best intrest at heart.

I think her boyfriend was being very selfish! He said he didn't want to date a bone. Happy for her that he is just her boyfriend and not her husband!

I love that show too. My husband has such a weak stomach I have to watch it in private. The lap band show has not aired here yet, next week I guess. I TIVO them, so I know I could not have missed it...I hope! I think the psychiatrist has NO idea what it is like to be overweight. I know that weight gain/loss is a huge psychological hurdle, but she seems to think everyone is going to sabatoge their surgery. Maybe they will, but they will die without it. Thank you for starting this thread, I love this show, but can't ever talk about it with anyone!

I totally agree Sterbear. I think she needs to realize that people can deal with the emotional challenges as they come up (in the interest of regaining their physical health while they are at it). If everyone had to be 100% mentally healthy before WLS, no one would ever be allowed to have it!

I've watched every episode so far , and the do repeat it a few times later in the week around 10 or 11 pm - not sure which day tho'. My husband thought the boyfriend was crap too ! he's been really supportive no matter what size I am. I'm glad that they finally showed the band. I like seeing the "after" people , but I really don't think I could do the whole "body lift" thing. Too much pain. I told my dh he'd just have to deal w/ me being saggy and baggy, mostly in my chest and belly since my arms amd legs aren't too big anyway.

I quit watching when they said she was 220 lbs. I know that's obese, but, dammit, here I am still wishing to be 220, and I couldn't bring myself to watch it. Not that I think she shouldn't have had the surgery, please, please don't get me wrong, my God I wish I'd have done this at 220.... I just couldn't bring myself to watch the show. I watched EVet Interns instead. My dream job would be to work for the ASPCA or the Humane Society...rescuing animals, and kicking the butts of people that mistreat them. :)

I kind of thought the same thing...the doctor said she was a prime candidate and that she didn't have any other problems or sleep apnea. I don't know about you, but the more co-morbidities I had going for me the more I became a prime candidate. I, too, am wishing to be in the 220's. Fortunately it's only 6 lbs away to the high 220's :)

I love that show too! I think that lady should have dumped her boyfriend. He doesn't have her best intrest at heart.

I couldn't believe how he, who was bigger than her, was so against her having the surger because he didn't want a "bone" for a girlfriend. Maybe she got smart and realized he would hold her back. Maybe he got smart and realized that the band could help him, too. Definitely a situation heading for sabotage.

Darn it I have been watching it every week and missed it. Hopefully they will feature more so I can see it.

I tivo Big Medicine and love the show. So does my sister and her husband, and she watched with great interest the lap band show (as did I). I usually can watch surgery shows no problem but the fat on the 800 # guy grossed me out so bad.

I don't like the psychologist. She seems very trite and patronizing to me. If she ever tried to talk to me I'd tell her to shut up and get her skinny ass out!

BTW, they do often repeat shows so keep on the lookout; I bet it will come up again.

I don't like the psychologist. She seems very trite and patronizing to me. If she ever tried to talk to me I'd tell her to shut up and get her skinny ass out!

This is why I am so glad that my psych has a lapband. She knows what it is like.