Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New foods tried after surgery...

I haven't had surgery yet but I discovered I LOVE roasted Brussels sprouts. I don't like them boiled though. I boiled them tonight with some sautéed shrimp.

I love chocolate now! I hated it before now I treat myself with sf fudgepops and chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shakes.

Walmart and the local grocery stores around here carry it during the summer. Farmer's Markets are a good resource as well. It can be frozen once it's cooked and scraped out of the "skin"... there are tons of recipes out there. I was a Pasta lover and this gives you the feeling of eating Pasta without the heaviness/fullness, carbs etc... it is a good alternative.

besides cauliflower and chicken pizza crusts, I have been making dishes with spaghetti squash. Takes the place of pasta and I don't notice much of a difference!!

Spaghetti squash? Where do you buy that?

yummly.com, pintrest or even just google recipes for spaghetti squash. There are tons of ways to make it. I cook it and shred it, then I freeze it into small portions and then do all sorts of things with it.

@wvugal Where do you get your recipes?

I end up baking mine just a little longer... Do you remove the seeds before or after? recipes say before, I've done both. If you do it before, I also take a little more out of the middle after baking it so it's not "slimy". I also brush the underside of the squash with olive oil before baking. Once I remove a little more of the area where the seeds were, I let it cool for a bit, then shred with a fork. I shred small amounts and put them into a bowl as I shred it, so it's not just a big pile that molds together. I haven't had a real issue with mine being clumpy. Pic is of my "spaghetti" I made the other night... not a great pic, I just snapped it quickly for a friend on a low carb diet.

I've tried spaghetti squash a number of times. I must be cooking it wrong, because every time it seems to clump together into an unholy mess, especially when I put any sort of sauce in with it. A solid knot of tangled squash that ends up having to be cut with a knife.

I think I do it right: I cut the squash in half, put it in a pan with a small amount of Water and bake it for about 40 mins in the oven, then when you can pierce it with a knife take it out and use a fork to shred the insides into "spaghetti". But the squash seems to clump together.

Any ideas?

post-251864-0-46819700-1442495000_thumb.jpg

@@wvugal, it looks yummy and I was a Pasta lover as well. This seems like it would be a great but healthy alternative.

I love chocolate now! I hated it before now I treat myself with sf fudgepops and chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shakes.< /p>

I loved chocolate prior to surgery the closest I have gotten post op is Premier Chocolate shake but it's not the same. I'm drawn to vanilla flavoring now which I guess is a good thing because I was actually a chocolate addict. I would literally eat an entire entermans chocolate cake in two days by myself. Stress eating is shameful. Thank God for this procedure.

I've tried spaghetti squash a number of times. I must be cooking it wrong, because every time it seems to clump together into an unholy mess, especially when I put any sort of sauce in with it. A solid knot of tangled squash that ends up having to be cut with a knife.

I think I do it right: I cut the squash in half, put it in a pan with a small amount of Water and bake it for about 40 mins in the oven, then when you can pierce it with a knife take it out and use a fork to shred the insides into "spaghetti". But the squash seems to clump together.

Any ideas?

Best way to cook spaghetti squash. Never fails! Instead of cutting it sideways, cut it in rings. Drizzle with a little olive oil and bake in the oven at 400 for about 40 mins.

Any ideas?

Best way to cook spaghetti squash. Never fails! Instead of cutting it sideways, cut it in rings. Drizzle with a little olive oil and bake in the oven at 400 for about 40 mins. See below.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/christinebyrne/spaghetti-squash-with-bacon-spinach-and-goat-cheese#.rjBBvmXnV

I made some last night in a skillet with a bit of olive oil, and cooked it a bit on low with some parm cheese, sliced mushrooms and garlic salt, then added a bit of light alfredo sauce... it was pretty yummy. And it satisfies my mental "want" for Pasta... great alternative for me at least!!

@@wvugal, it looks yummy and I was a Pasta lover as well. This seems like it would be a great but healthy alternative.

I really like chili as a meal option now. I have had Wendy's chili and it's ok. I really don't like the Beans and the greasiness so today I made a homemade chili from a recipe I found online. I used turkey meat and made it spicy but it's actually pretty good.

in the incredibly hard process of changing old habits, clear my mind I try everything new. never tried before. Mix . you ll find amazingly easy recipes.

italian canellini Beans with diced tomatoe, olive oil, goat chesse

coconut oil only

dry roasted edamame (amazon) Protein

edamame

steamable bags of veggies, sauced

frozen grapes as desert

frozen berries, strawberries

Isopure Cookies and cream Protein powder mixed with coffee and tastes like the BEST LATTE EVER, no sugar, no calories.

almond milk

coconut milk

stevia and only sugar free crystal light

popcorn

peanuts

oatmeal

granola

greek yogurt - no sugar versions

humus with cucumber, carrots, bell peppers

spinach with cheese

goat chesse

fetta cheese

mozarella chesse

squash

miso Soup with tofu

tofu and eggs

quinoa

quinoa patties

salmon patties

tuna patties

quinoa Cookies

poblano chile with corn and goat cheesse

turkey deli sliced wrapped with lettuce and avocado or mayo

Fiber one Fiber mixed with peanuts for a snack

brocolly steames w chesse

couliflower steamed with chesse, muenster is good

I cook, bake everything by myself nothing processed. fell free to ask me if you want recipes

Hummus is great with any color bell pepper or mini peppers, carrots, celery or in a lettuce wrap with olives, tomatoes, cucumber and turkey. Occasionally, I eat a couple black bean tortilla chips with hummus mixed with salsa. So good!

I cannot tolerate breads but this week I purchased mission low carb tortilla wraps. It has 19 carbs 13 dietary fiber so actually 6 carbs per serving. It's a 120 calories and 5grams of Protein per serving. I can make a wrap with deli meat for lunch or dinner and digest it well. I'm a year out in a few weeks so I'm adding more variety to my diet.