Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you so much everyone! I'm grateful for all the wonderful replies. I just joined yesterday. ❤️❤️❤️

To: Post Op...that's Mocha, our little photo bomber. Lol. We have another yellow lab named Gidget. ????

Hey everyone! I have had a weight issue my entire life. I've tried so many diets and nothing worked for an extended period of time. My health was deteriorating and I needed to do something serious.

My RNY surgery was October, 2013 and it's the best thing I could have done for myself! I topped the scale at 409 pounds and I'm only 4'11". I had diabetes that was out of control, walked with a cane, had already had one knee surgery, and had a pinched nerve in my back and needed to take 800 mg of Motrin every night to even sleep. I also had reflux, which my surgeon fixed during surgery. It was caused by a hiatel (sp?) hernia. I had no life. I sat in the chair after work and needed help from my chocolate lab every time I needed to get up. I'd wrap my arms around her neck and she'd back up and help mama up. I was 45 and wasn't living.

At my 2 week appointment after surgery, I was down 30 pounds. I've had an incredible support team between my husband, my family and my co-workers. It's been an incredible journey. I can do so many things now and am so grateful to my surgeon. I'm still losing now, but very slowly. My goal is 140 pounds. Almost there! Im down a total today of 261 pounds. .

I do not eat bread of any kind, no Pasta, potatoes, fried food, sugar or soda. I eat fruit, veggies, Protein and will treat myself with sugar free candies when I want something sweet. I'm very strict with myself. My dad used to tell me, "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!" I lost my dad in January but I know he's cheering me on.

I'm now off all my diabetes medication, all my reflux medicine and just on a Water pill and thyroid pill (plus all the daily vitamins). That's ok! I'll do vitamins!

I hope I can help someone. Thanks for reading.

A current picture is below. It was taken at 150 and I'm now at 148.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1441837049.401438.jpg

AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!

Lady.....you just made my day.

Outstanding results. Thank you for posting your story here. This is a huge motivator for me to stay strict and follow what my bariatric surgeon and team is instructing me to do.

Thank you !!!!!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your story. I am almost 12 months out and have lost as of last week 150lbs, however i still have more to lose. Reading your story has given me a little extra boost, the little bit if motivation to keep on keeping on! Those of us who have a lot of weight to lose tend to get a little de-motivated when we see so many people have surgery and reach their target within a few months ( i am very happy for them) its just a constant reminder to me that i have a long way to go still lol /frustrating!

Keep on going VSGMary! You've got this! I feel so good and let's not even get in to how much fun I'm having shopping! From a 6X to an 8-10! I'm getting my arms done hopefully in December and hopefully my tummy done next summer.

Edited by Sherry G

What a success You are!! I don't know if congratulations is enough! You are truly an inspiration and someone who has dedicated themselves to get healthy and follow their program to obtain the utmost of success. I am sure you would say it has not been easy but well worth all of the time and energy you have put towards losing weight and obtaining your goal.

YOU ROCK!!! :D

Congratulations! You look unbelievable! What an amazing journey. You must have put in so much work over the past 2 years…and boy, has it paid off. What an absolute inspiration. Thanks for sharing your story and photos.

Many, many congratulations. You are an inspiration.

This is truly inspiring!! MSU fan - are you near Lansing? I'm in Sparrow's bariatric program!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome!!! I salute you!

Wow -- job well done! Thank you so much for posting. You are a true inspiration!