Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are you doing with the band 4 months out?

Hello my fellow March 07 bandsters! I just want to start by saying you all rock. It seems like everyone is doing so well. I think its really cool to have others who are at the same stage I am to share stories with!

I am still new to this thread so forgive me if its already been asked, but I'd like to know a few things:

1. What date where you banded?

2. How many fills have you had/how much do you currently have in it?

3. What size of band?

4. Do you feel any restrictions?

I know that some of you have the info in your signature but not everone does and I think its cool to see it.

I'll start by going first~

~ Banded 3-6-07

~ 4 fills im at 2.25

~ 4cc band

~ I still do not feel any real restrictions

Hi, I was banded March 15, I have had 3 fills (8cc in a 10cc Midband ) so far feeling great restriction,maybe too much...Iam going to give it another week and see how I feel. The scale has started to move again. Now I need to Make healthier choices. Sound familiar??????

Banded 3/21/07. Didn't get my first fill until 6/12 due to issues with upper abdominal pain. 1 fill so far and I have 1cc in my band with absolutely NO restriction!

Banded March 14th.

2 fills/2cc in 4cc band.

Yes, I have restriction. I also have a snacking problem...a handful here and a bite there are easy to do and I don't feel full.

When I sit down for a meal I can eat about 1- 1 1/2 cups of food.< /p>

Banded 3-15-07

2 fills/2.25cc

4 cc band

Good restriction

:decision:This smiley sums it up. Banded on 3/30 and didn't get my first fill until 6/5 (Dr. moved the original date 2 wks). Waited a week and....NO RESTRICTION! So, I thought since I was going on vacation I thought it best to wait until my 7/10 appt. to get the next fill.....BUT NOOOOO, they moved it to 7/17. I am waiting with baited breath and trying not to lose motivation. I at least didn't gain during vacation but the scales haven't done anything in the last month. I can see my caloric intake increasing as I enter my foods on fitday.com as well as my enthusiasim waning. I'm not going to give up...I worked too hard to get where I am, but DANG IT! I'm sure when I finally get to see the Dr. I'm gonna be pretty peeved at constantly being moved for these fills. I would at least like to see the band in action again. The only time I've felt any restriction was after surgery, since then, no restriction, nada.

Sorry, but I'm frustrated right now. I got this surgery so I could use the tool with the other changes I've made and having to put up with the appt. changes is very annoying. I can see I'm sliding back to old habits because there's no consequence....:Cry:

I'm glad many of you guys have had success with the surgery, but so far...my losing success has mostly come prior to surgery; it has only helped me maintain my status quo so far.

A.

~ banded March 12

~2 fills, i think 2 or 3 cc's (mom is keeping track)

~deff. feel a restriction...its hard to eat a lot of things

so far i've lost 50 lbs. total!!!! about 50-60lbs to go!!!!!

I was banded 3/19 and I went for a fill on 6/19 and my Dr wouldn't give me a fill. Now I am stuck at the same weight and I have to call for another appointment. I have not had a fill yet and some people have had 2 or 3 that were banded the same time. I have been stuck at the 37lb mark for a month now. I guess I will have to beg for my first fill.

hi,

overall i feel everything is going well. i've had to learn how to work with the band but havent we all. i wil say it isnt as easy as people think. but it definitely helps me to overcome "my food demons".

1. What date where you banded?.... 3/30/07

2. How many fills have you had/how much do you currently have in it?

2 fills; going for a fill reduction today.

3. What size of band? ...not sure

4. Do you feel any restrictions?....way too much

5. exercise: 6 times a week (just for the last month. i had a hard time getting off my booty before that)

Hi. I am a 3/7/07 bandster. I have had three fills.(dates in sig). I didn't feel any restriction until my third fill. It isn't too much but I am aware of restriction. Still eat wayyyyyy too much. I go back for 4th fill the 23rd. I think that will be the one that might get me closer to my "sweet spot." I guess I am a member of the slow losers club that I have seen several post about. Just got to make better food choices. The Portion Control is what I am hoping to get control of. That has been a problem pre band as well as post band. I am worried that my pouch is stretched, but most say I would be sick if that was the case.? I have a 10cm band. Glad to see everyone is doing so well.

Banded 3/20/07

2 fills for a total of 2.5cc Going in on the 23rd for my 3rd.

9.75 band

Feel some restriction, but I'm wondering if I've stretched my pouch. I feel like I can eat too much, but not nearly what I could before surgery.

Banded March 12, 2007

1st fill 1cc went back for 2 fill only had .5cc so added 1cc to make 1.5cc

4cc band

Lots of restriction

Question, I am losing me hair, any suggestions? I had really thick hair, but my hair is getting thin. I am taking plenty of vitimins and the nurse told me to add Biotin so I started that.

Any suggestions on high Protein choices. I need more protein I assume.