Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had My Surgery Tuesday August 25th

Sleeved on the 25th. Bad nausea the first day but otherwise manageable. Don't know how anyone gets all the Protein in. I've been getting the Fluid in fine but seriously struggling with the protein. Ate something other than Isopure and protein broth today. Tried Greek yogurt For Breakfast - yum but can't eat much. Had high protein very liquid oatmeal for dinner with flax milk - tasty but incredibly filling. No real gas till now - guess real food equals real gas.

Hello everyone, I just had the sleeve on Wednesday, August 26. Thank god, no complications, I have not had any pain, nausea, vomiting,etc. I do however, have discomfort when I drink, I think is gas, still bothers me a little, and My stomach makes noises when I drink Water or my shake. Is this normal? Other than that, I feel great.

I'm still having pain, and I have to go back to work tomorrow. I have to teach 3 college classes and walk across a large campus 3 times. I only have to do it Tuesday and Thursday. I was able to take off my other job for 2 weeks. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pretty concerned.

Hello everyone, I just had the sleeve on Wednesday, August 26. Thank god, no complications, I have not had any pain, nausea, vomiting,etc. I do however, have discomfort when I drink, I think is gas, still bothers me a little, and My stomach makes noises when I drink Water or my shake. Is this normal? Other than that, I feel great.

I have something I would describe as very much like that when I drink.

Hi, I also was sleeved on 26 August . Also no vomiting, nausea or any such. I do however, has gas pains and I am tired very easily. Took a walk this morning and found myself shaking. It wasn't a good feeling at all.

Kelly, hope I remembered correctly. I can certainly understand you concern having to walk back and forth . I can only suggest that you go slowly and rest when you need to.

My weight at surgery was 255. Today I am at 247.

I am also curios to know what your diets are like? Are you both still on Clear liquids, full liquids or purée ?

Best

I'm on Water and Protein drinks. I'm concerned about walking. I'm also concerned about lecturing. It's typical for me (according to my fitbit) to walk a mile during one lecture. Obviously, I won't be doing that, but I how whatever I replace it with is decent teaching. The there's making your voice carry, having the energy to engage, and not totally forgetting to drink while teaching. I wish I had another week, but I've already taken one week out of a 16 week semester. There's too much I would have to drop taking another week, so this seems like the best decision. But ugh!

I'm on Water and Protein Drinks.

I'm concerned about walking. I'm also concerned about lecturing. It's typical for me (according to my fitbit) to walk a mile during one lecture. Obviously, I won't be doing that, but I how whatever I replace it with is decent teaching. The there's making your voice carry, having the energy to engage, and not totally forgetting to drink while teaching. I wish I had another week, but I've already taken one week out of a 16 week semester. There's too much I would have to drop taking another week, so this seems like the best decision. But ugh!

Had my first post-op appt today. All was well and my Dr told me I could start the multi-vit whenever I wanted because I had pre-op deficiencies. I was like "great!" And I bought the bottle on my way out the door. Learned a couple lessons:

Lesson 1) start when at home. I popped them in the car on my way out of their parking lot, thouroughly chewed. By the time I got to the first light waves of nausea were hitting me and I was In rough shape.

Lesson 2) take it slow. I could have nibble just a little of one to see how my stomach handled it but no, I went all gung Ho and took two full pills.

Lesson 3) it can happen to me. I haven't had any issues with eating. I've been following the plan and even enjoyed homemade puréed cream of chicken Soup last night For dinner. I can't eat a lot cause I get full really quickly but it has been all normally. I thought I just wouldn't have the whole nausea/revulsion thing happen to me.

I'm home now. I managed not to vomit (go lessons from my post-op nurses who taught me I can control my nausea) but I'm wiped and feeling a bit humbled. Also - I own 90 days of $40 Vitamins that I will never want to taste again (I'm going to go with Gummy chewable).

I also had my sleeve August 25th :) Really looking forward to pureed foods, sleeping on my stomach and the soreness going away.

Monday august 25th. Had a n awful experience in Tijuana and glad to be the F home!!! Feeling better. Cannot get my liquids in and hate broth,,,lol. Thanks God I get Protein shakes and cream of wheat. Still feels like a dream. Ive lost 5 pounds....what? I feel like I should be down 20... :(

I was sleeved on wed aug 26. Every day I'm feeling a little less sore. Really not tired at all! I wish I was. running out of stuff to do. I am still bloated. And I have not lost any weight not even a pound. Which is concerning me I'm following all the dietary instructions drinking my fluids. my daughter had the surgery the same day and she has lost 16 pounds. Has anyone else had this problem?

Edited by ladybug 4

August 25th here. I had VSG with hiatal hernia repair. I still have a drain in that should come out in 2 days at my first post op appt. No nausea. Some gas during the night. Getting all my Water in and up to 40g Protein. I get tired fairly easy. Only pain I have is from my drain, taking Tylenol for that.

I was sleeved on 25 also with hiatal hernia repair. I was three days in the hospital. Glad to be home. When i started this i was 385, pre op i got to 357. I have will step on a scale tomorrow. But aways thingas are going good. Really no pain and some gas. I did the broth for a little bit but i have tried pudding, Jello, yogurt, cottage cheese all surger free and low fat. I want to try the cream Soup. I do the Protein Shakes but sometimes its hard to get all the Water in. I cant wait to see all the changes.

Hi

Sleeved the same day.

Feeling weak and tired. Hope I can start eating on Thursday after I see the Dr. liquids are now a drag. I am down 10 lbs. can hardly wait to feel normal again.