Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone with super thick hair lost a significant amount to where it was obviously thin? I have naturally super thick hair and although I wouldn't mind it going a little thinner(since I pay a lot to the hair dresser to thin my hair anyway) but I definitely would be shocked if I had balding spots.

@@McButterpants Did you lose hair like bald spots, or just hair thinning?

@@chasingchloee, Hi there.

It was thinning, not bald spots. I lost a lot on the top front - like my bangs.

I'm thinning. I don't have bald spots and it's probably like 30 strands in the shower. Some when I blow dry and a few strays. It's not bad, but obviously thinner. No one but me has noticed its thinner on my head. Unfortunately everyone has noticed the clogged drain. I am on Biotin and I may go get some nioxin this weekend. I need to color my hair, but I'm scared to!

You hair loss is normal after surgery. It is caused not only by the dramatic shift in your diet, but also due to the shock on your body due to the surgery. It's called Telogen Effluvium. On a normal scalp, about 90% of your hair follicles are producing hair, and 10% are in the resting phase. This is called the anagen phase. In this phase, your hair falls out of the follicles, and then grows back in. When you've experienced a shock to your body, it sends 30 to 40% of your hair follicles in to the resting phase. This state is called telogen.

This is temporary, and I know it is scary. It happened to me after my Tummy Tuck, but not after my bariatric surgery. I took Vita4Life Hair, Skin & Nail after both procedures. I found my Hair loss wasn't too bad when I experienced it and I'd estimate I only lost about 15 - 20% of my hair. It grew back just as healthy and I attribute the lack of loss to these Vitamins. I'd recommend trying them. It can't hurt. And please believe me... it'll be okay! I was scared too. It'll grow back I promise!

Here are some materials that are very good for your hair:
1. Cottage cheese
Being abundant in high quality Proteins, including whey and casein, cottage cheese are a trusted ingredient used to moisturize the scalp. When your scalp get stronger and well hydrated, the hair also becomes healthier and shiny. Additionally, the content of Vitamin B and D in the cheese contributes significantly to the process of Hair growth while the amino acids actively nourish the hair strands.

Cottage cheese can be used as a snack or added into side dishes.

2. eggs
Keratin, a kind of Protein, is known as the main composition of hair. Therefore, to have strong and healthy hair, providing enough Proteins through your diet is necessary. Among food rich in these substances, eggs are standing out for its high quality Protein, which is extremely good to promote hair growth and prevent breakage. At the same time, the B Vitamins and Biotin in eggs help prevent hair problems and keep your scalp hydrated.

You can choose having one egg served daily or making a hair mask with eggs.

3. Quinoa

Besides eggs, quinoa is also an ample source of protein that you can make use of to benefit your hair. The protein in this grain has been discovered with high quality, thus it is used in several hair products. Meanwhile, the Vitamin E in quinoa helps control the natural oil production on the scalp, keeping it well hydrated and the hair healthy. Other nutrients like niacin, B Vitamins and Biotin also work to promote hair growth and strength.

You can make use of quinoa by using it in salads or other dishes.

Source: Authority Remedies

Hey, you can try to use cocoa butter. I has used it for 3 months and the result is quite good. Maybe

for long, people are familiar with using cocoa butter to provide hair with moisturizer

More than this, cocoa butter can play a part in improving hair strength
Also, cococa butter connects with lower chance of dandruff and Hair loss.< /p>

Here is the source you can refer: https://wikihomenutrition.com/cocoa-butter-health-benefits/#2_Hair_Condition

Ugh. My hair is already soooo thin. I gad cushings syndrome about 4 yrs ago from taking steroids for too long (like prednisone). Once I realized i was getting Cushing's syndrome I stopped the medicine (stupidly) abruptly therefore causing my hair to begin to fall out, actually thinning until you could see my scalp. Although i dont think it completely grew back all the way, it did mostly grow back within about a year. I will probably go bald once i get the surgery.

The reason u have Hair loss after surgery is because fat stores a lot of hormones and when you lose fat the hormones go nuts. It happens to women more often than men.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm using Aveda Invanti hair system and taking Gummy supplements for hair, skin & nails. I have less Hair loss post op than I did before.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I lose my hair in cycle, no one can figure out why but fortunately it grows back.

I usually take Vitamins for hair but with the bariatric multi vits I would get to much of some fat soluble Vitamins. I added a lipasomal vit C instead of traditional Vit C, vit B12 and Biotin. Hopefully with plenty of Protein and Rogaine I'll be ok.