Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery at 10:30am Help

Headed to the surgery center in 5hrs. Is it possible to be in shock? I'm still numb. I haven't met alot of people on here. The people that have replied I do thank you.

Reason : I see health related questions on here answered by health professionals. That's one of the reasons I like this site.

However, I'm having issues with this question. Is it something wrong I just feel numb.

I'm still not nervous, I haven't had a psychological eval. Therfore, I not sure why I'm not feeling nervous. I was more scared when I passed all my pre recs for the surgery.

Not sure what which procedure you are having but you will be fine!!!!!!You are going to do this!!!!If you feel you need the psych do it in the near future but get the surgery...take a deep breath and relax....good luck..you can do this!!!!

I'm not a medical person but I can tell you I wasn't feeling nervous before my surgery, but kind of numb and like I was on a speeding train and couldn't get off if I wanted to. Does that make any sense? Anyway, I declined the Versed (tranquilizer) shot in pre-op because I didn't feel like I needed it. I did fine with my recovery and no one in the hospital pre-op area thought it was remarkable that I wasn't nervous or freaking out before my surgery. I was educated and ready to go.

I don't think anyone can tell you what you are supposed to feel. You feel what you feel. I will admit that I have not gotten to that day yet, but I have gone through a range of emotions as I close in (my date is Sept 10). I have been angry with myself to being fearful to finally, I think acceptance that this is what is required.

You can do this and I agree one of the things I like about this site is the level of support I feel from this community.

So just add mine to the many well wishes you have received.

@@kaysunshine - I think a lot of us feel that way.

you will be fine and the results a few months later will be SOOOO worth it!

Godspeed -

I think it is normal for a lot of people to feel like that going into any kind of surgery. You will do great!!!! Look at the wonderful benefits!!! Hang in there!!!

I think we all react to stress and nerves differently.

I went thru feeling nervous to calm the day before surgery - it was weird.

Best of luck to you today. Let us know how things go! You got this!

I had a very similar demeanor the day of my surgery. Normally, I'm super-scared before any type of surgery - haven't had that many, but I've always felt terrified. However, on the day of my WLS, I didn't feel one iota of fear or anything else. It just kind of felt like any other day. SOOOOO not like me! Lol!

I hope you're feeling the way you do because you know you're doing the right thing, you feel educated about what's going on and you are absolutely ready to begin your new sleeved life!

Wishing you all the best of luck!! You're going to do great!!!

I am having my surgery in 17 hours, and while this is my third surgery ever, I feel like my emotions have not caught up to me yet. I go back and forth between slight nervousness and nothing at all. Like all the months of work to get to this point which once seemed like an eternity are now just a blink of an eye. I believe what you're feeling is normal and I wish you the best of luck on this rewarding journey!

Kaysunshine,

Did you use the Nicholson Clinic? From what I am reading it sounds like you did. If so, do you mind kind of giving me a run down on the process you went through? I am an out of town patient having surgery there and I don't know what to expect. I am doing the hiatal hernia route.

If you're referring to Baylor surgery centers in Richardson Tx. I did use them. True Results.

I also used the HH route. They know their stuff pretty good. However, I needed a little extra time in the hospital. Everything is a perfect system.

The patients that I seen go in everything worked well for them(from what I seen)

Im sure you'll be oaky.

If you have a low pian tolerants it might hit you harder after surgery them most.

Make sure you take the pill for nausea they ask you to take before surgery.

how long did the process take from first contacting them to surgery? Did you have to make a special trip for your egd? Lastly, were you required to do a sleep study pre-op? What state are you in?

how long did the process take from first contacting them to surgery? Did you have to make a special trip for your egd? Lastly, were you required to do a sleep study pre-op? What state are you in?[/quote?

The process :Toke 3 months for me. I set my time back.

Although, they stayed close to the 8weeks they tell you.

Due to: Insurance changes Yes the EGD was completed in my home state Georgia.

sleep study: the send a sleep study unit to your home. You wear it 3 nights send it back. They contact you with results.

You will also need a prescription of prilosec that you have to take for 8 days.