Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I'll start. I'm doing pretty well. I've lost 11 pounds since the surgery, 30 total. Very happy with that. I'm feeling pretty good. Still minor pain from biggest surgery site on the left, but not enough to need to take anything. Thankfully the gas and Constipation of the first 6 days are gone!

I started back to work today; went in for only 5 hours, and it was tiring. I have a desk job, but it's a stressful one. Tomorrow will be a full day. I know I'll get through it, but I'll probably be tired.

I'm concerned that I'm not getting enough calories, and that I'm getting no veggies. By the time I get all my Protein and liquids in, I have no room for veggies at all. I'm on purees, and I am living on ricotta cheese, refried Beans, yogurt, hummus, New whey Protein Shots, cottage cheese blended with fruit, blended tuna, and cheese wedges. Tonight I'm going to try some veggie sausage blended with gravy. The only thing that has bothered my sleeve so far is a couple of bites of banana I tried today. It felt heavy in my stomach. I eat about 1/4 cup at a time, 5 or 6 small meals a day. I can eat really fast with no problem, so I have to work hard to slow down. My doctor prescribes two antacid pills per day, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Another concern is that I could drink 8 ounces in 15 minutes if I wanted. My nurse practitioner says liquids are like that, but I will feel more restriction on soft foods. That said, I am weirdly finding it hard to drink 64 ounces…waiting before and after eating, sip sip, sipping all day, but still a struggle.

How about you? How are you doing? Anyone else from early August?

Awesome! You seem to be doing well!

I'm still on the full liquid so I've only be eating cottage cheese, different low fat/low sodium Soups (no potato allowed, my fav????), and yogurt. It's going down well I haven't gotten sick once since surgery, just some discomfort when I swallow anything, I need to ask my doctor about that on my 2 week post op on Wednesday. That's when I'm hoping to get advanced to the soft foods stage!

I have yet to really use the bathroom but once and it was uncomfortable to say the least.

I also have a hard time consuming all the Water requirements, & sometime I can't get all my Protein in either!????

Since moving from clear liquid to full liquid i have yet to loose another pound, & some days I've gained one or two! Another thing to ask my doctor on Wednesday!

Other than that it's been an easier recovery that I expected!!

Marisarose, I had the bathroom issues too. I took Milk of Magnesia, two days in a row, because it didn't work after the first day. Then I had the opposite problem. TMI I know. But now, knock on wood, I'm stable in that regard. Hope it lasts!

I had my sleeve on 8/11. I'm still on purée stage and so ready to start soft foods!!