Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Snack ideas

Beef Jerky and nuts are my favorite go tos. I also will have apple slices dipped in Peanut Butter.

And of course cheese but you were looking for non dairy.

One of my favorites is hummus with raw veggies. I dip the carrot or pepper sticks into the hummus and it's yummy. Lot's of Protein as it's base is chickpeas. Try it!

what stage is the nuts/veggies incorporated? After the 4 week wait?

depends on your doctor about when to bring in nuts/veggies :/

crab meat sticks

and I love babybel cheese but it is dairy.

On my program, snacking is forbidden because it leads to grazing. Even before the surgery, I had to stop all snacking. I find it amazing that we've basically had the same surgery, but we all have different rules to follow!

Cashews are my go to snack at work. I also like raw green Beans and carrots dipped in a little bit of salad dressing or just plain. Hummus is a good dip too.

On my program, snacking is forbidden because it leads to grazing. Even before the surgery, I had to stop all snacking. I find it amazing that we've basically had the same surgery, but we all have different rules to follow!

I wasnt snacking cause I felt like that means im eating to much but I was told I needed t snack throughout the day because im not getting enough of what I need. (I can only take 2 bites at a time)

@@Cheri_j

I understand the concept your doctors are getting at. For me, I think of my day as broken up into 5 small meals. Basically at 7 am, 11 am, 2-3 pm, and 6-7 pm. I hear you on the slippery slope to grazing!

@@lealor

Some of my small meal ideas include everything the others said (jerky, nuts), but I do my apples with PB2 (reconstituted of course). I also depend on "meatless meatballs" -- a few with some Tomato sauce is yummy, pre-cooked turkey meatballs with a few green veggies, and low-cal chicken salad. chicken salad is easy to make with left overs or canned chicken and a little light mayo or greek yogurt sauce. I also have small meals with convenience foods if I'm out and about: Quest bar is a nice Meal Replacement, or Quest Protein chips with some salsa. Lots of dairy meals too -- why can't you do dairy?

Ellen

Oops -- my mistake - I see it was @@jennjarrid who was avoiding dairy.

There's no way with my restriction that I could get in enough food with three meals, I just can't eat enough. So I plan 5-7 small meals. Can you get in all your protein/calories in three meals? Just curious!

You've gotten lots of great suggestions.

I also do

cold cut roll ups (I do mine w cheese but you can do without) roll em up w mustard and some cilantro or green onions.

Shrimp w cocktail sauce and celery (I keep the shrimp in the freezer in single serve baggies, throw em into my lunchbox and they are thawed by lunchtime).

Cucumber slices w Peanut Butter or hummus

Toasted chickpeas (bake w a small amount of olive oil and salt at 425 till crisp)

A few precooked frozen meatballs.

My new summertime treat is frozen fruit. I eat it straight or throw some in my ninja blender w a bit of Water for a sorbet or some flavorless or vanilla Protein powder and milk (you could use almond milk) or Water for a smoothie

Zucchini chips (slice and bake in oven at low temp for about two hours)