Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for preop friends :)

Glad I could give you some hope! I have UPMC and I live in Allentown, Pennsylvania. Good luck hopefully your insurance approved you soon.

Hiya! I just joined today and would love to have a preop friend! My surgery date is in Sept. as well, the 15th. I'm excited but the nervousness is starting to kick in as the date gets closer. How are you feeling at this point? Do you have to do a special preop diet? Mine starts next Tuesday, 2 straight weeks of Protein shakes and nothing else! Everyone tells me you stop being hungry after a couple days. I sure hope so! LOL

It would be awesome to have someone to talk to who is going through the same thing as me and I would love to be some moral support for someone too! :)

Hi everyone! This thread is getting so long, it's hard to keep up with! My RNY is scheduled for Sept. 21. Please feel free to add me as a friend! I figure the more support we can give one another, the better! :)

Welcome @@LadyReyven! Congrats on your surgery date! I'm having roux en y on Sept. 21st. My pre op diet starts on the 7th. I have read forums where they say they are on LSD... the Liver Shrinking Diet. I will be on shakes but can have some broth, a little Tomato juice, Jello, popsicles and clear sugar free liquids. I have been very emotional lately, really strange! I know I'm nervous, but it has gotten better. I imagine I will be even more nervous as it gets closer but I take one day at a time. I am also very excited. I watch videos on youtube, Mellie Mae has a great journey, I've read a few books and go to a support group. It is completely normal to be worried or nervous, it's a major surgery and life change. Those feelings will subside. Overall I'm really excited and looking forward to this!

Hi @letitbeatles It looks like there are quite a few of us scheduled for 9/21! That's awesome!

My surgery is set for Sept. 11. I am starting my liquid pre-op diet next Tuesday. I am super excited but also nervous like many of you.

@@LadyReyven (and everyone else following along), I so hear you. I'm excited, but getting nervous too. It's the realization that it's really happening as the date gets closer. I've had a few fleeting "if you're going to turn back, now is the time" thoughts, but I know I don't actually want to do that.

Welcome @! I am scheduled for RNY on 9/21 as well. Just had all my preop testing done yesterday and got the results today, just have to start taking Vitamin D because it was less than 1/2 of where they want it to be.. lol I agree this thread is getting extremely long and hard to keep up with.. I keep feeling like I forget to get back to someone because I didn't see their note or something.. :)

Hey I'm Jennifer!

I'm 37 and getting my approvals for a y bypass. I did my nutrition class today and have my psych eval on Friday.

Assuming everything goes as planned I hoping to schedule my surgery for early October.

I am currently preop although I have done all my clearances and have my surgery date (9/21). Just looking for some preop friends to talk with up until (and after) surgery. We could help keep eachother on track diet wise, and could help ease any fears we are having. (we all have those fears that our non-overweight friends or spouses just don't quite get). I am located in upstate NY but I am open to talking to anyone from any location. I do have Facebook etc if you prefer chatting that way. Who knows, we may become great friends! :)

@@ShutterGirl1829 I got my date today.....I am also on 9/21!!! I found out this afternoon. Hope you are doing well...I start pre op diet on monday. is your pre op 2 weeks?

I did also! Blah its been so long but i know it will be worth it so excited

@rny_14_15 I finally got my date today I'm on 9/21. I am already on a rollercoaster of emotions!

Hi you are free to add me, just PM me, I am on Facebook. I was a banded patient but that was removed Aug 10th and my surgeon is making me wait so I can heal before revision to RNY which I plan to do in November. Not sure on the date yet. It might be Nov 12, 13, or 16th. My NUT, and Psych evaluation is Oct 2nd and then they will submit. The hard part is waiting, but I still have my port incision that is still healing.

Looking forward to getting to know others who are going through this journey too :)