Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Inspiration for the 3 month and under folks...

I was sleeved (revision from band) on 4/27/15 and really struggled through the first 3 months feeling like it just wasn't happening for me! I am close to three and a half months post-op and wanted to share some things that plagued me the first few months. It gets better! I have finally hit a stride and feel like I will be successful after all!!

• Tiredness/Fatigue: Weeks 2-8, I felt like crap. No energy. Naps were required! I really worried that THIS would be my life forever! It's really not. I had put my body through a LOT and it needed to catch up! Feeling great now!
  • Stall: Yep, total HALT weeks 3-7! I worried that I had done all of this surgery for less than 30 pounds. I was so down about this! I stayed the course and now I am back to losing daily (ounces sometimes, but daily)! I am tucking this advice away for inevitable future stalls myself! Don't give up!
  • scales LIE: My scale obsession is still alive and kicking but I no longer panic. The scale will not always reflect your body's changes. To combat this, measure yourself or notice the way clothes are fitting looser. For me, taking a full length photo of front and side views and using a photo app to put them side-by-side gave me proof I needed.
  • Constipation: I was constantly trying different things to make me poop. I didn't have discomfort.... I just felt like I should be pooping more. Well, I decided to let my body work it out. I now poop once every 5 days. If I feel discomfort of course I will use Ducolax or SmoothMove Tea but I am not constantly focused on daily pooping.
  • Water and Protein Goals: These are still a struggle and some days I can only do one and not the other. I try every but I no longer panic... I focus on these two things first and do the best I can.
  • "Cheating": I have come to terms with my imperfection. I make every attempt to make wise choices, but I don't beat myself up about a bite of my son's chocolate bar... I used buy three of them and give him one! LOL
  • Hang in there! It is worth it... YOU are worth it.

I am with you all the way. I now see people's comments that were sleeved a month or two after us and I want to say "just wait!" That first 8 weeks is so confusing. And the stall was the worse. Everyday to be the same weight after going through this surgery. I went through being hungry and not understanding why.

No help from my nut. Have been trying for a week for her to answer my calls. Wanted to know what she thought of me upping my calories to 1000. Went ahead and did it and it's working for me. Maybe it's better she didn't call. She might of told me not to. lol.

So like Lucky said: Hang in there!

I was sleeved (revision from band) on 4/27/15 and really struggled through the first 3 months feeling like it just wasn't happening for me! I am close to three and a half months post-op and wanted to share some things that plagued me the first few months. It gets better! I have finally hit a stride and feel like I will be successful after all!!

• Tiredness/Fatigue: Weeks 2-8, I felt like crap. No energy. Naps were required! I really worried that THIS would be my life forever! It's really not. I had put my body through a LOT and it needed to catch up! Feeling great now!

Thank you so much for this. I am going on 5 weeks out and have times when I still don't think I'll ever lose the weight I need to.... Still trusting the system but it is disheartening at times.

• Stall: Yep, total HALT weeks 3-7! I worried that I had done all of this surgery for less than 30 pounds. I was so down about this! I stayed the course and now I am back to losing daily (ounces sometimes, but daily)! I am tucking this advice away for inevitable future stalls myself! Don't give up!
  • scales LIE: My scale obsession is still alive and kicking but I no longer panic. The scale will not always reflect your body's changes. To combat this, measure yourself or notice the way clothes are fitting looser. For me, taking a full length photo of front and side views and using a photo app to put them side-by-side gave me proof I needed.
  • Constipation: I was constantly trying different things to make me poop. I didn't have discomfort.... I just felt like I should be pooping more. Well, I decided to let my body work it out. I now poop once every 5 days. If I feel discomfort of course I will use Ducolax or SmoothMove Tea but I am not constantly focused on daily pooping.
  • Water and Protein Goals: These are still a struggle and some days I can only do one and not the other. I try every but I no longer panic... I focus on these two things first and do the best I can.
  • "Cheating": I have come to terms with my imperfection. I make every attempt to make wise choices, but I don't beat myself up about a bite of my son's chocolate bar... I used buy three of them and give him one! LOL
  • Hang in there! It is worth it... YOU are worth it.

Well it was supposed to say thank you for posting that!!! I am going on week 5 and needed to hear it. :)

Blessings!!

The surgeon staff told me 800. But I see lots of variety on here. I think calories are less important than Protein and not overeating (noticing when u r full).

I'm 5 weeks out and it hasn't exactly been a stall but it's like 1/2 every 5 days. Thanks for your post and I'll hope it picks up soon!

The surgeon staff told me 800. But I see lots of variety on here. I think calories are less important than Protein and not overeating (noticing when u r full).

I was naturally doing about 650 until this past week and now I'm up to about 750/800.

Good for you! I love it when people can "let go and let God" and not agonize over every stall and every poop! Congratulations on your realistic expectations.... I think that is as much a part of this whole thing as the loss of lbs....

@@lucky1gg33

Wow! It's like you were reading my life. Thank you for this post, it is very encouraging!!! My stall that occurred the 2 and 3 weeks had me really down at times. The scale and I can now only "see" each other weekly!

Lol @dojigirl... "see" each other weekly

I loved your post, after being very successful since June 10th of my surgery, I am finally at the stall, having only lost 3lbs since my last Dr.'s visit, funny part is I don't care, I went to my PCP on Thursday and my blood pressure is way down, my blood test had only 2 deficiencies, Vitamin D, And my cholesterol is still a little elevated, thanks to this forum I've read too much about the stall and was prepared for it, just gotta stay focused, I started my diet in January @ 388lbs, down to 346 on my surgery date, and Thursday was at 306.5, so I will hit my first goal of 299 before this month ends, not bad since I wanted 299lbs as my Christmas gift, I should hit my target of 198-203lbs by February or March 2016, so I'm very motivated, thanks for sharing that, I'm headed in the right direction........

Edited by laguerr13

I am at the point that I only look at the scale once per week. I am really pretty uninterested in what it says as the "clothes" test tell me that I am releasing fat. I have to go clothes shopping today as my even my skinny clothes, the 40" waist ones, are now falling off. All of my belts are now useless as they look ridiculous from extra notching back.

My energy is not only back, but is so much higher it is almost unbelievable. I exercise everyday now and look forward to doing so. My day to day life is so much more enjoyable. I look forward to releasing even more fat so my body can be even healthier!