Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much are you eating or were eating Six weeks post op

Am six weeks post op and I feel am eating a lot. I really need to get a weight scale. I also feel am hungry like every two hours. I always try to have Protein first and drink lots of Water.< /p>

How much Protein are you getting in? Drinking Protein Shakes? I'm 8wks out and eat btween 1/2-3/4 cup of food. Typically dinner I eat 3/4c otherwise 1/2c or less. Definitly keep up on the Water, that will help alot. I add Protein Powder and crystal light to my water once a day also, get an extra 25g protein and it's only around 110calories

Hi scarletwitch19, I drink about 70 grams of Protein everyday plus about 40 oz. of Water. I usually eat only once and try to have protein

Why are you only eating once per day? You should be trying to get at least 3 meals (albeit very tiny meals) plus Protein Shake if needed.

Am going to do that eat 3 times a day and drink

Protein Shakes to meet my goal thanks Daisee68 .:)

Be sure you are following the plan your Dr and NUT set out for you. It is different for everyone. I was just confused by your statement that you feel like you are eating a lot but only eating once a day. Touch base with your NUT and provide them a copy of your food logs so they can go e you some direction. If you are not tracking your food, you definitely need to be doing that. That is at least one commonality among all surgeons and NUTs.

Actually I seem to be able ro eat alot more. Today was a day that I had a Protein Shake for breafast then I had lunch Like two or three hours later Ithree strawberrys then like two hours later I had a small meal about 4pm alittle about one ounce of cucumber and one ounce of chicken with a little lettuce but now I feel hungry. When I get home Am drinking my Protein shake to meet my goal. I just thought that I wouldn't be so hungry. I have herd that some people don't even get hungry and for get to eat. I really don' t want to mess this up. Am going to listen and follow my plan to the point. I just think a lot fit in my stomach still.

Actually I seem to be able ro eat alot more. Today was a day that I had a Protein Shake for breafast then I had lunch Like two or three hours later Ithree strawberrys then like two hours later I had a small meal about 4pm alittle about one ounce of cucumber and one ounce of chicken with a little lettuce but now I feel hungry. When I get home Am drinking my Protein shake to meet my goal. I just thought that I wouldn't be so hungry. I have herd that some people don't even get hungry and for get to eat. I really don' t want to mess this up. Am going to listen and follow my plan to the point. I just think a lot fit in my stomach still.

I wouldn't worry that you're eating too much, you are eating small portions and healthy foods, that's what matters most. All doctors and nuts are different but mine has me on 3 meals and 2 Snacks a day. One meal us my Breakfast protein shake. 1/2c yogurt for morning snack, 1/2c food at lunch, usually a cheese stick or a couple veggies with hummus for afternoon snack, then 1/2c to 3/4c food for dinner. Sometimes I'll have fruit or a sugar free popsicle or something in evening. Even with eating all that my caloric intake is usually somewhere between 550-800 a day which is definitly not alot.

If you're eating healthy, taking small bites and eating small portions you are doing great :).

As for hunger, make sure you're getting all your Water in. That cab make a big difference :)

I followed my NUT and then saw my doctor 1 month post and he said to try to only eat 2 meals and if hungry in between eat veggies. I like his idea and I think he did it to help get the scale moving a bit better. I eat a Protein bar for Breakfast, IF I am hungry, for breakfast. Small lunch and dinner. It works for me during the week. on the weekends I have a small breakfast ( couple of scrambled eggs) and a small dinner. I may eat a "snack" mid-day. I missed my veggies because of the Protein first, veggies and then carb for meals the NUT said to follow.