Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Boobs, after weight loss

Ok so I know this is over the top but, really! Gone now....!

@@AR40 I went from a 40DDD to a 32D so I feel ya.

Hi ladies....well, I had surgery almost 4 years ago, was at goal after my first year, BUT, my boobs were so pathetic, they not only looked like party balloons (a week AFTER the party!) BUT, one was twice the size of the other....they were bordering on being freakish...so at age 59 I had a breast reduction and lift done (as my doctor said...I had 'plenty of material to work with!' and I have had beautiful, perky breasts (size 36 B or maybe C) for the last couple of years. I HAVE ZERO REGRETS!!!! I was in the hospital for one night only, recovery was simple and I have never looked back; in fact, I cannot even imagine living with those two horrible appendages! We have all gone through so much to love our bodies...why not go all the way? Now I am 61 and this winter I am gong to have my stomach done. I can't wait!

I had breast lift with augmentation after losing 90 pounds a few years ago and I have zero regrets as well. One of the best things I ever did for myself!

19902723acgcc.jpg

When at my heaviest, my breasts were so large that my size 48G bras could barely contain them. They were watermelons. Once I was down 100 lbs, my breasts became tube socks with rocks. I had breast reduction surgery at that point, which gave me normal looking 36D breasts. Unfortunately, I continued to lose weight and now I have flattened little 34B's.

Hey everyone I would really appreciate some advice on the exercise topic. My one year anniversary was on 5/5/15 and unfortunately I have not made my goal. Even worse I have gained7 lbs in the past 5 months. My food intake has increased but I also increased my physical activity from 3x per week to 5x per week. I also started running here and there to increase my aerobic activity! I have great stamina and plenty of energy but I'm scared to gain any more weight. Any advice? Am I exercising too much?

I am 7 months post-op, down 113 lbs and went from a 48J to 38J. The cleavage isn't as nice as it used to be, but I've always been heavy chested, so I don't think I'm going to lose too many cup sizes. =( I long for a 36D

I am 7 months post-op, down 113 lbs and went from a 48J to 38J. The cleavage isn't as nice as it used to be, but I've always been heavy chested, so I don't think I'm going to lose too many cup sizes. =( I long for a 36D

Me too big Mama....I'm now a 34 A......:(

Hey everyone I would really appreciate some advice on the exercise topic. My one year anniversary was on 5/5/15 and unfortunately I have not made my goal. Even worse I have gained7 lbs in the past 5 months. My food intake has increased but I also increased my physical activity from 3x per week to 5x per week. I also started running here and there to increase my aerobic activity! I have great stamina and plenty of energy but I'm scared to gain any more weight. Any advice? Am I exercising too much?

I think you might have a little more luck getting this answered if you start a new thread about it. I don't think you can exercise "too much", so long as you aren't risking injury and you are eating enough to sustain your exercise. It is possible that you are gaining muscle and that some of your weight gain is due to that. If you are eating on plan and exercising regularly, you should be seeing some results. Even if the scale isn't moving, your clothes should fit better, you should feel better, and you would probably look better.

@@AR40

The real key to weight loss is caloric restriction, not exercise. Do you use MyFitnessPal? I find its projections and caloric goals very helpful and reasonably accurate. You could also talk to your nutritionist if he/she is available and knowledgeable about bariatrics. Once you determine the number of calories your body really needs to maintain your healthiest weight, you will have a much easier time.

@@AR40

The real key to weight loss is caloric restriction, not exercise. Do you use MyFitnessPal? I find its projections and caloric goals very helpful and reasonably accurate. You could also talk to your nutritionist if he/she is available and knowledgeable about bariatrics. Once you determine the number of calories your body really needs to maintain your healthiest weight, you will have a much easier time.

While it's true that you can lose weight through calorie restriction alone, it is still important to incorporate regular exercise. Otherwise you risk losing significant amounts of muscle along with your fat. Then you end up being "skinny fat". A low weight, but with a poor body composition. My nutritionist actually emphasized a goal body fat percentage for me (under 25%) more so than a goal weight for this very reason.

@@JamieLogical

I agree with what you say and did not mean to say that exercise is not an important component of weight loss, just that I think caloric restriction is what gets you past the post.

@@JamieLogical

I agree with what you say and did not mean to say that exercise is not an important component of weight loss, just that I think caloric restriction is what gets you past the post.

Yep! I agree with you there.

I do need to reevaluate my calories. I guess I assumed if I ate more I simply needed to exercise more...