Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can it really be this easy?

I want to thank each and everyone of you for responding to me and being so kind. I was very hesitate to post this because I didn't want anyone to take it the wrong way or offend anyone. That's the last thing I would ever want. We are all on the same journey and we each have our own experience and I just wondered if anyone could relate to mine.

@@wannaBthinsoon I'm so glad to hear from someone with the same surgeon! We are pretty close in starting weight and to see that you have lost so much in just over 4 months makes me so very excited for the future. Have you ever gone to the support groups at the Bariatric Center? I've been a little hesitant and not really sure what to expect.

@@Vad1988 unfortunately my shift at work prevents me from attending the support groups there. I wish I could. I do have a FB support group that started just with the peeps I work with, but others have joined that are relatives, or friends of the surgical patients. I do know some people who go to the support group though. I check them out on their FB page. They record them and put them up there. You could get your feet wet by checking it out on their FB page.

Thank you guys so much for posting this. I'm five-days-to-go pre-op and feel very hopeful that things will go well. I am following the pre-op diet as asked and that already has taught me a lot about staying on program and dealing with the lifestyle changes to come.

Congrats to you all.

I too have had a great recovery. No complications at all.

The hardest part of the recovery for me was the first day after surgery. I was not allowed to have anything but a swab for my mouth of ice chips and mouth wash in it.

But after the leak test and i was able to get some liquids in I felt like a champ.

I havent taken pain meds since leaving hospital.

I went back to work 6th day after surgery.

I am 3 weeks post op :)

I am right there with you. As you said...I know it has a lot to do with having a great surgeon. I was buddies with a couple gals that had their surgery with different surgeons and they had a really tough time. Getting sick, stomach pains and having to go back to the doctor. I too was up and walking around a few hours after surgery and released the next day. Water was hard to get in but I managed. The only drawback that I had that was annoying was I was cold all the time. :) I am very grateful that I did not experience what others went through with having to go back.

Yes, mine was the same way. No pain meds at home and only twice in the hospital. Nice healing, No nausea. Was on solid foods and eating steak and salad by day 14 (with my NUT's and surgeon's approval).

The only thing I have as well is that I hate Water so it's hard for me to drink it.

I'm right there with you! This has been so easy that I almost feel like I'm missing something.

I started with a low BMI, so they said to expect a slower weight loss. I'm 6 weeks out and am down almost 35 pounds. I've never lost weight that fast, even in my 20's. Not one bit of pain, no weight-loss plateaus, no vomiting, no discomfort. I feel like the energizer bunny..... I keep going, and going and going.

We are very lucky!!!

long road ahead - sure there will be rough patches

@@Vad1988

I'll jump on the band wagon :)

my surgery and recovery were a piece of "cake" :lol:

MANY, MANY, MANY/MOST people have no problems :)

always 2 sides to a coin

"some times" issues can happen :mellow:

good to be aware

"long road ahead - sure there will be rough patches"

love that statement you wrote

glad you are having and experiencing good days, and will continue to do so :rolleyes:

good luck

kathy

My recovery was pretty easy as well. I had gas pain the first day or two, but nothing I couldn't cope with. No pain meds at all after I left the surgical center. I had two bouts of dry heaving my second day post-op, but never actually vomitted. I'm now over 11 months post-op and have yet to throw up once. My main issue immediately post-op was difficulty sipping my Water, but that got better once the swelling in my stomach and esophagus went down a couple weeks post-op. I was also very fatigued in the beginning from just not getting enough calories in. Never had any pain in my incisions or abs.....

Omg I'm not the only one!! Recovery has been amazing and so easy I started to think the dr left 70% and only removed 30%. The only thing I do find hard is getting in all my Proteins and liquid but trying. I've even started working out sooner then I was "meant to" because I feel so good.

My only complaint now is I think I hit my stall before the "average" and quite frustrated. Only 2 weeks post op today and I only lost 2lbs (13.3 the first week). My clothes feel better if they aren't falling off but I'm mad at the scale. Anyone else stall this early?

@@Jooj Yes I hit that exact same stall but I'm back on track this week. So glad to hear you experienced that too!

Thanks for your post. It is encouraging to know that things have went so well for you all :) I wish you continued success!

Yes, most folks stall about that point - 2, 3, 4, 5 weeks out. Google "three week stall." Don't worry. Be happy. Keep doing what you're supposed to do. If the stuck scale freaks you out, don't weigh.