Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared one min, excited the next

I am awaiting my approval. Part of me says stop, you can do this on your own. ( I have been over weight for probably 28 years) the other part says I cannot wait! I want to hear anyone who has regrets? I dont have long to make my decision.

Well you know what that makes you, don't you? Perfectly normal! It's a life changing decision and giving it the proper respect its due creates just these type feelings. So don't worry, we've all been, or will soon be, where you are. I wish you the best of luck on this remarkable journey!

I felt that way too and it's perfectly normal to keep thinking we can do it on our own. It is a personal decision to decide to have surgery; but for me it was the best decision ever!!! Right now I am lying in a beach chair on my beach vacation. Got up this morning and did a two mile beach run, kayaked a few miles in the ocean, and now just relaxing. This surgery has opened up an entire new way of living.

Good luck in your decision!!

Everyone feels this way at some point. If it was that easy for us to lose weight prior to surgery then we would have. You will be fine. good luck!!

Other than the very early stages after surgery, you aren't going to find many people who have regrets. Most people have the initial "What the hell did I do to myself!" moments soon after surgery because they can't eat, are hurting or uncomfortable, and are hungry (mostly head hunger).

Once things get back to normal, the only regret people have is they wish they would have done it sooner.

Agreed. I was unsure I was making the right choice right up until I passed out on the OR table. Best decision ever. Have had zero issues as I'm now 14 days out. The worst day was the second day but it to shall pass.

The worst part was the first day out for me. I went thru the same feelings you're having before I did it. I miss food right now, but I'll be able to eat again soon. The pounds are melting off and I'm 5 days out. Still planning on eating pizza when I'm able. I just know I won't be able to eat maybe 1/2 slice and feel full.

How many times have you lost weight and regained it - plus more? For those of us who have a lifetime of weight issues, we need help - we need "a tool" to help us along. You're still doing the weight loss "on your own" but with surgery, you'll have a tool to help you. You still have to do the work. You are doing it on your own. I'm 6 days post-op. I had a moment of regret on the first night due to pain - emotions stirred up - what have I done? What did i do? That regret subsided - and just 6 days out, I'm already feeling the weight loss and excited about my future. You've got this! Good luck!