Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Chat For NJ

Good Morning,

Woweeee I'm the first one here....how odd.

Well let me go get some cawfeee and I'll be back.

Giggle ***

I'm back :D

I have such a headache.... I could feel it in my sleep and its coming from my neck..oy vey.

Oh Betty for us to drain and fill our pool would be about $500.00 in Water, either by tanker truck or if we use town Water it could cost more. I think thats great $50.00. Hope the rain STOPS.

Yesterday was Mom's birthday so this morning we're gonna head on off to see her, she's not far.

Clean, cook, pool time...the usual for today.

How bout you guys?

Today, I rest. I have a load of laundry in washing right now and I have 2 more to do but that's it for today. We are eating leftovers so I don't have to cook. I'll pop in later. ~Mandy

Nothing....glorious NOTHING is what I intend on doing today! The anniversary weekend has finished, it was highly successful, and I am so glad it is over!!! I loved seeing and being with the family and friends, and seeing my parents so happy, but ladies, I am exhausted!!!! I could not have done this 2 years ago---physically would have been unable to keep the pace I have for the last few days.

The luau was so much fun, we took lots of silly pictures in the picture boards, and everyone ate their fill---we had tons of food. I would much prefer to freeze leftovers, than run out and someone be hungry! My Mom cried, and Dad was silenced by surprize when their wedding party showed up! It was a wonderful time.

Last night they renewed their vows. I did not expect to get so emotional over it. The emotion in the church was palpable. My Dad is a jokester and I never expected him to be so solemn, and emotional as he said his vows to Mom. Mom was thrilled with her new ring....it is beautiful. I have the photos out of my Grandma's wedding album of Mom & Dad's. So I took it, and my friend who did the photos staged most of them to mimic the originals. All 3 couples have definitely aged in the 50 years, but it was such an eye opener to see them interact with one another, and their spouses. The reception went well, the cake was pretty, and moist, everyone laughed and watched the video of pictures. Once the cake was served, I actually wandered, and enjoyed my family! Thanks for putting up with my obssessing over this for the last few weeks! I am so glad I did it, and so glad it is over!!!!!!

Thanks for directing me to the proper month Mandy!!! It would have been evening before I clicked!!!

I am going to go surf the site for a bit....will talk to you guys in a bit----thanks again for putting up with me as I prepared this weekend!!!

Kat

Howdy everyone. I found you on the first day this time *pat on back* hahaha. I'm off to go get my tattoo worked on. In-laws just left after staying over two nights. It was nice to see my husband with his family but, it's nice to be able to sit down now and relax :D So instead of relaxing I'm going to get poked with a bunch of needles hahaha. Talk with you soon.

Sherry, I wish I was getting tattooed today. I got some work done just over a week ago and it's almost healed. I need at least one more session to finish it and I really want it done for Disney. I am going to call my guy and see if I can get in again next week. (the work will not be on the same area) I also need to update my pictures, I feel smaller today LOL!! ~Mandy

OUCH 2.5 hours of work today and I have to go back. MY GOD this thing is much bigger than I thought but, ya know I love it hhahaha. I have Earth, Saturn, 5 shooting stars (dh, ds, 2 for step-daughers and me), the first 3 Reiki symbols were also incorporated. Ohhhh this is going to be beautiful. The guy didn't want to stop working on me because he wanted to see the finished artwork but, had another appointment. The whole thing is a big swirl effect too. Nice! Just a tad sore right now haha. DH got a tattoo in memory of his dad. He got the name "Dutch" in a banner with a beautiful scrolled cross beneath it. I'll post pics to the picture thread when they aren't so puffy :D

I have to start some laundry now too UGH. Lazy night other than Laundry...work already tomorrow *sigh* Oh well....what can ya do right? Until I hit the lottery for enough to retire on it's off to work I go :D I'm thankful I have a job to go to though :)

My weight still hasn't changed but, I do have an appointment with my surgeon in a few weeks so we'll try a fill again then. The acid reflux has gotten somewhat better with the prescription my PCP gave me but, I think the med needs to get completely in my system. I'll talk it over with my surgeon though and go with what he thinks is best. I do know I can eat FAR too much though...proved that at a wedding I went to last night. UGH.

Well, if I don't get off this thing and go do laundry I'll have to go to work naked lol. What a sight that would be UGH.

Hugs

Hi everybody,

Words can't express how thankful I am to have all of you! Thank you for understanding and supporting me during this hard time.

I still haven't heard from Marianne. I will send her a card tomorrow in the mail I think, or an email. This is so hard but she is making it her choice. It just breaks my heart. When us 3 sisters get together we made up a song it's happy sister time....my heart is breaking I wonder if we will ever sing that again.

Well Kelly comes home from Cuba tomorrow. I'm so excited to hear about her trip! I hope to go in February.

Glad everyone had a nice weekend.

Kat I pm'd you..glad the party went so well. Did you post pictures yet? I guess I need to go check.

Have a good night.

Good Morning Y'all!

I don't have time for personals this a.m., but wanted to stop and say hello.

I don't think I will ever get this pool up and running if it doesn't stop raining. It is close to being empty, if the rain will hold off for today. It is supposed to rain though and it just keeps filling up. There is a lot of mud in the bottom. UGH! I don't think I am going to make it before my company comes on Wednesday though. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Gott run and get dressed!

Hey Gang,

Back from vacation :faint:and whats a trip without a broken Water pump? I called my mechanic and he will fix the car tomorrow. I can't stay.... gotta do chores and have lots of catch up reading to do. Bye.

Here you are!

I'm a little slow to catch on to the month of July, it appears! Ya know, give me a couple of days, and I'll figure it out...

Betty, I do wish you luck on the pool, but I think it's gonna take more than luck. I thought I saw rain in the forecast for the next several days...on the other hand, if it's raining on the Fourth, no one's gonna need to pool anyway!

Kat, your parent's anniversary was a real success, and you should be proud (if not exhausted!) with how it turned out. Enjoy your parent's special time! I'm sure you did, as did everyone in the family...and I, for one, enjoyed your "obsessing"...it was fun hearing about all the plans!

Sherry, I hope your tattoo is turning out great, and yours, too, Mandy...It's odd I've never had a tattoo, as many other rebellious things as I've done. I'm just a big weanie. Not that you gals are rebellious...but a tattoo in my family would certainly be seen as a rebellious gesture! But that's just my family....

Let's see, today DD started her musical theatre workshop, and I met with a lady from the parent assoc. at DD's school...other than that, more laundry, and some straightening up. Looks like more rain is on the way, too...and we already had rain this morning. My sister and I are making some plans to sleepover and play games and stuff at dad's this weekend since it marks both my mom's birthday and two year's since she passed away. Wow. Wonder why it seems both so long ago, and just yesterday?

That's all that's going on in the mouse house....glad I figured out it was July!

Hugs,

Cindy

Has anyone heard of anyone having a problem with the valve in between the esophogus and stomach after the band? I'm still having trouble at night. I think I read it's a lazy valve where when your body is totally relaxed it opens up and lets the acid flow up. It seems to happen to me around 3am alot...that's when my sleep is the deepest I would assume. Hmmmm something to talk to the surgeon about but, I thought I'd asked here if anyone experienced it or knows someone who has and if it's related to the band. I can eat WAY too much with no problem right now so I don't think it's a slip and the only time I really have a problem is when I'm sleepin. Curiouser and curiouser hahaha. Hmmm is there a test they can do to go down your throat to see what the heck is going on?

Hi girls---just here for a minute to ask that you please pray for my little granddaughter. They put her in the hospital last night. As soon as she began to move around, everything I had managed to get into her come up. They have her on IV now, and are watching her blood. The concern has turned from a gastro infection to a possibility of an intestinal blockage. Each time she takes anything by mouth it comes back up. The concerning issue is that she does not have any diarhea with the nausea, which is unusual, and is what is making them think possible blockage. Her name is Kinsey--she is 2 1/2, and she owns my heart----please remember her in your prayers. I will update you as soon as we know anything.

Thanks --- I am so glad y'all are out there!!

Kat

Has anyone heard of anyone having a problem with the valve in between the esophogus and stomach after the band? I'm still having trouble at night. I think I read it's a lazy valve where when your body is totally relaxed it opens up and lets the acid flow up. It seems to happen to me around 3am alot...that's when my sleep is the deepest I would assume. Hmmmm something to talk to the surgeon about but, I thought I'd asked here if anyone experienced it or knows someone who has and if it's related to the band. I can eat WAY too much with no problem right now so I don't think it's a slip and the only time I really have a problem is when I'm sleepin. Curiouser and curiouser hahaha. Hmmm is there a test they can do to go down your throat to see what the heck is going on?

Here is link all about the test that they did pre-band for me, it checks the esophagus function and also that little flappy thing. MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: Esophageal manometry It's not comfortable but it's doable. ~Mandy

I've been snoopin around the website and there is a chance that my band could be too tight and that my esphogus has become desensitized to the feeling of food in it. Hmmm interesting. Thank goodness I'm going in next week...lots to talk about with my surgeon of course that is IF he slows down enough for me to talk to him grrrrrrrrr