Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How can I get in all my protein?

I'm 3 weeks out and there is no way I can get in 60 grams of Protein and 64 ounces of Water and food. I can't drink shakes. I like coco libre protein water, but it takes me like 2 hours to get down one carton. I drink about 32 ounces of water a day then a few tablespoons of food. Does anyone have these problems or suggestions??

At 3 weeks I was on soft foods. I drank 1 Protein shake a day and the rest was Water. So I was getting in about 60 g of Protein a day and maybe around 50 ounces of Water at that point. Your Protein Shake is not as high as it could be to help you and it has sugar alcohols in it as well as sugar. Premier Protein has a ready to drink that has 30g of protein and that is half your day's goal. If you just can't drink those for whatever reason, then try some others. Isopure makes a ready to drink carb zero that has 40 g protein in it. It is a large bottle but you can sip on it throughout the day and add water to complete your ounces. In time you will be able to consume more and your protein won't come from shakes/drinks and more from food. Your tummy is still healing and swollen, hang in there!

I'm 3 weeks out and there is no way I can get in 60 grams of Protein and 64 ounces of Water and food. I can't drink shakes. I like coco libre Protein Water, but it takes me like 2 hours to get down one carton. I drink about 32 ounces of water a day then a few tablespoons of food. Does anyone have these problems or suggestions??

It's takes some time to gradually work up to hitting those goals. Each day just strive to do better.

Right now it's slow going. Coco Libre is about 15 gms of protein and I think 11ounces. I would strive for at least 3 of those a day. Have the first at 8 am. Make sure that any food you eat is protein rich. Yogurt, cottage cheese, soft scrambled egg (if you are allowed at 3 weeks). It's 64 ounces of fluids, not water although it should be primarily water. So if you drink 3 coco libre a day that 33 ounces of fluids and 45 gms of protein. If you are drinking 32 ounce of water, you will now have hit your Fluid goal. (33 + 32). Depend on the type of yogurt you choose and/or if you can have eggs you now only need 15 additional gms of protein. 2 ounces of FAGE 0% greek yogurt is 6gms of protein. A large egg is 6 or 7 grms of protein.

Can you tolerate milk? Fairlife milk is pretty good and higher in Protein and lower in carbs. You could mix a little Protein powder with it or if you cannot take that maybe some sugar free syrups? I would recommend as @@ShrinkingPeach suggested and getting something with higher Protein in it. If haven't tried Premier Protein ready to drink shakes, you should give them a try. They are pretty good - thin like milk and 30 g protein in 11 ounces.

You could also add powdered milk to whatever you're eating/drinking.

Thanks guys!!! I appreciate all your suggestions. ❤️