Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2015 or January 2016 sleevers ?

I am doing fantastic!!! Head hunger being a bit of pain in the butt, however I am super happy with my results thus far.

You are doing great. Very proud of you. Weight loss has REALLY slowed down for me. [emoji17]

How's everyone else doing?

Sleeved 1/6/16. I feel fantastic! I loosing weight! I have started to enjoy some beautiful high Protein meals! I love going to the gym! I love my new life! How is everyone else?

@leal536... u will do just fine. I got a tiny little bit nervous the morning of surgery. But I was more excited than a child waking up on Christmas morning. Its what you make of your surgery. U go n with a positive attitude, and u will come out with a positive feedback. We all get nervous about surgery. No one I know likes surgery, or want to have it. But if u have too, then u have to.

I was up and walking by 8pm that night. My surgery was for 9:45 and by 10:30 I was out. The only problem was that I was n recovery so long,becuz I kept throwing up and they couldn't get me to stop. So mind you I was in there for 3-4hrs. My husband said I was so coo coo that it was not funny. He sd I sd I wanted to go to the bathroom sat on the bed and fell asleep. Stood up and fell asleep. Its funny now, but lawdddd I can only imagine. I'm down a good bit of weight from the 30th until yesterday. Weight in 273.. now 251.. I have been on liquids. Stomach is the size of the medicine cups u get with cough meds. I have no appetite. I can barely drink a bottle of Water, protein,or even eat sugar free Jello. I went bk to work that Monday after my surgery.. Jan.4

Went bk to working out Saturday past. Walking on treadmill anywhere from 15-30min. At 2.4 speed and incline 3.0 and up to 15.. but I am walking veryyyyyyyy slow.

You have done great, I hope I can continue the positive vibes:)I'm getting sleeved 2/1

Had 1 month check up (sleeved 12/18).

Down 28lbs

Finally out of the weight restriction period and I can eat far more normal foods.

Doc said to focus more on keeping heart rate at 120 for 20 mins as the 30-60 min normal walks are becoming less and less "Cardio" work outs and more just normal thins skinny people so without thinking.

I'm in the market for a HR monitor.

Also this opens up to do some weight training and I'm excited to start out small and work my way up. I have some 15 and 20lb dumbbells I can dig up out of the closet.

Sorry Folks I haven't been able to post since New Years Eve, no internet. What a crazy New Year. Went shopping New Year's Eve Day came home in the afternoon and had no AC. I know your saying AC in this weather but I do live in South Florida in a double wide mobile home. Checked a few things and started calling my AC people. I know the owner so when I couldn't reach the office I called him at home. He knows of my situation so he sent someone over within a few hours. By the time someone came it had reached 89 degrees in the house and we were packed as we had a feeling nothing would be done. We were right as the unit was completely frozen. We have a friend who is in a Nursing home so she offered us her home. She use to work for the owner of the AC place. She had no internet, so I was limited in my ability to get online. We finally moved back home Friday.

Today I had my 4 hour pre-admission workshop which consisted of a weigh in since my last one in Nov. Bloodwork up, explaining the preop diet and all the prescriptions we have to get etc. I had to leave at 10 am and got back home at 4 pm.

Next Tuesday this time I will have had my gallbladder removed and have started my new sleeved life.

Just had my surgery today! Feeling great????

Doing good here! A week out from surgery, I've lost 11 lbs. getting fluids in, fighting head hunger is a challenge but I keep reminding myself that feeling isn't real lol I went back to work today, then to the store for a few things, came home and took an hour nap, it was too much I'd say. I am actually looking forward to cooking again. We have a big snow storm coming this weekend (east coast.. Maryland) so I may be snowed in to play ????

Doing good here! A week out from surgery, I've lost 11 lbs. getting fluids in, fighting head hunger is a challenge but I keep reminding myself that feeling isn't real lol I went back to work today, then to the store for a few things, came home and took an hour nap, it was too much I'd say. I am actually looking forward to cooking again. We have a big snow storm coming this weekend (east coast.. Maryland) so I may be snowed in to play ????

Does that include hospital gain? I came home from surgery 5lbs heavier than I went in. I'll be 1 week post op tomorrow and down 7 lbs but was up 5 so really only down 2. Just a little frustrated because I'm getting all my Protein and liquid in and walking.

@@losergrl75 I didn't weigh myself when I came home from the hospital on Thursday. I weighed myself Friday and I had lost 4lbs since the surgery day. I drank Protein a couple of times since surgery but my dr wanted me to concentrate on fluids for the first two weeks. So I'm sure the lack of calories has a lot to do with my loss. I see him next Wednesday, that's when I start adding protein back into my diet.

@@losergrl75 I didn't weigh myself when I came home from the hospital on Thursday. I weighed myself Friday and I had lost 4lbs since the surgery day. I drank Protein a couple of times since surgery but my dr wanted me to concentrate on fluids for the first two weeks. So I'm sure the lack of calories has a lot to do with my loss. I see him next Wednesday, that's when I start adding protein back into my diet.

Thanks for the feedback, I know it's best not to try and compare especially when each plan is so different.

I was sleeved on 1/7 so far so good. I literally never feel hungry. I walk around with my water bottle to make sure I'm getting my liquids in! I'm excited to be taking this journey.

The biggest problem I've had (which my surgeon never brought up as a possible problem, especially for people who are prone to it) is Constipation. It's no joke when you're not getting Fiber, and even though I've gotten in 64+oz of Water in everyday... It's been a struggle. Miralax or milk of magnesia... Have it on hand.

I'm totally going to 2nd this! This is my current situation and worst nightmare! My body is on strike !

Was just sleeved on 1/19. Going home today. I am feeling great. Haven't had a chance to weigh yet so don't know what I have lost.

Sounds like every one is doing well.

January 26th, 2016! So excited!

Me too Jan 26th. I haven't heard what time yet. They will call Monday between 3-5. I started my 2 day Clear Liquids today. Had chicken Soup, a Jello and SF popsicle stick. It is 8:30 and I am getting hungry and I am cold so I am thinking of having another Soup.