Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Urgent.. in desperate need of encouragement and advice ????

I am 7 weeks post op, have had 3 fills putting me at 5cc now, I don't have any restriction yet, no satiety, and no dimmed hunger.

I am constantly hungry, I try so hard to follow the rules and eat small meals, not drink during or after, to eat slow, etc..

But I cave in every time! The hunger and cravings for certain foods are so hard to fight! I feel like such a failure when I do well all day, even get exercise in..then I get hungry and eat everything in sight! ????

I can't wait until I am forced to make the changes and follow the rules so I won't struggle with this anymore!

Is that how it works for some of us?..

Only being able to finally get to that point when we get in the green zone and have no choice but to follow the rules and make the change in eating habits?

Why do I always feel so hungry??

And I am not understanding what head hunger is? I might eat when I am bored sometimes, but when I am hungry I always have hunger pains in my stomach.

I wonder if I am eating enough also?

I want to eat tiny amounts to lose weight but by the day's end I am so hungry that I eat...a lot :-/

Like yesterday. ..I had for Breakfast a small eggbeaters omelette with some veggies in it, lunch was a Greek lowfat yogurt, then 1 tilapia fillet with some steamed veggies for dinner...I was so hungry between meals, then I ended up scarfing down junk food at the end of the night when I felt so hungry ????

Am I just a failure? I feel like there's no hope for me with losing weight..here I even got wls and I still can't do it!

I started out this morning with motivation and even got on the elliptical and took a walk but then I came back and made a cheeseburger and plate of nachos..ughh

I can't keep my willpower for more than a day when I am hungry and have such bad cravings.

Also, the no drinking for an hour after meals or 15 minutes before.. Is that completely necessary? I have seen different views and Dr's advice online for that.

Also bread? I hear its a tough one to eat..is toasted whole wheat a better option? And whole grain Pasta and brown rice?

Right now I can eat anything, fast, with liquids at the same time and in large amounts.. Its so frustrating and I lack willpower but I think it would be easier if the hunger pains were gone.

Rant over.. ????

Advice and any encouraging words are very appreciated.

I also find it impossible to eat slow and take 20 minutes to eat a meal..& eating 1 bite per minute.. I have a 10 month old who keeps me very busy, how can I sit down and take 20 minutes to eat?? Any ideas from other mom's?

Hi there ! Hope you're doing better today, but 1st , slow down a little ! I may be wrong , as everyone s a little different, but 1st and foremost you're supposed to focus on healing at 7 weeks, not losing weight. Follow the rules as much as you can and the weight loss will follow. 2nd , you're not in the green zone yet, so of course you're hungry alot ! You cant control the hunger, but you can control whether youn

eat a cheeseburger and nachos.

Hi there ! Hope you're doing better today, but 1st , slow down a little ! I may be wrong , as everyone s a little different, but 1st and foremost you're supposed to focus on healing at 7 weeks, not losing weight. Follow the rules as much as you can and the weight loss will follow. 2nd , you're not in the green zone yet, so of course you're hungry alot ! You cant control the hunger, but you can control whether you eat a cheeseburger and nachos. Your choices are to eat those foods when you're hungry, or eat some protien and fruit or veggies. Once your stomach is filled with food ( healthy or unhealthy) the hunger goes away until you feel hungry again, right ? . So, plan ahead, pack small amounts of healthy foods in tupperware or baggies, and when you're too busy with your child to cook you'll have something healthy already to go. Hope this helps ! Good luck !!

eat a cheeseburger and nachos.

He "eat a cheeseburger and fries " was a sentence that jumped down , sorry !!

I was banded in 2011 but if memory serves me right, 7 weeks post op, I was still on a restricted diet at that time...certain harder foods were not allowed yet and I most certainly did not a fill yet...I remember by first fill, and even the second...the NP asked how I was doing and my response was HUNGRY! I was not at proper restriction yet, but still trying to be good! Between surgery and recovery, restricted diet for a while, I lost about 25 lbs. The rest I did have to work for, and one of the biggest things I learned to do was have something healthy around for when I was starving. It happens! Don't beat yourself up! Cottage cheese is my go to, it always hits the spot, it's a good consistency for sitting in the pouch, and it's high in Protein. But if you are not feeling restricted yet at all, I feel for you! But hold on! You're not a failure, the best is yet to come! Keep your appointments and even if you gain, it's ok, but it's not ok to give up! You can do this :)

Edited by horsegirl315

At 7 weeks your body is still healing. Your band isn't providing restriction yet so unfortunately it all falls on your choices right now. If your doc has u on solids already try more Protein at lunch. I would be starving if I just had a yogurt. I usually need a 3:00 snack of some kind Try not to go over 4 hours without some sort of protein..maybe this will help the starvation monster until you get restriction.....plan, plan, plan. Everything you will eat that dat including snacks...that helps me. Chin up You can do this!!