Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FINALLY found a way to break a stall!

I've been bouncing between 164 and 165 for the better part of a month now after steady weight loss since the dreaded stall for weeks 3-5. I knew for the 3-5 stall, I just had to play the waiting game because it's a result of introducing non-liquids back into your body.

I was researching on here what other people have done as far as nutrition and exercise changes and saw someone suggested to go back to a liquid diet for 2-3 days just to reset the body. So, considering that was a relatively easy solution I could try first without changing up my exercise routine and such, I gave it a shot. I stuck to Protein Shakes (RTD and recipes), having a little Soup here and there to give me a little of the salty flavor I was craving so I didn't stray to snacking on junk food.< /p>

After three days of the liquid diet, no only did I get down to 163.4, but then after a day of eating normal solids again, I dropped to 162.8! So I lost 2.2 lbs in 3 days after NOTHING for a month!

I'm sure that it won't work for everybody, but it might be worth a shot to try before you go revamping your whole exercise routine (or throw your scale against a wall). Let me know if this has worked for you!

I am going to have to try something as well. I have been stuck for over 3 weeks at 199. I go up to 200 and back down to 199.

Right now I am on physical restriction due to spine surgery and will be for at least another 8 weeks maybe more.

I am happy I have not gained but feel frustrated that I have not lost anything in that period. I have resorted to staying off the scale to remain positive but it does not make sense to me given what I am eating and how much.

The combination of recovering from spine surgery which has set me back and the non movement of the scale gets me down a little. I am a very positive person so when I do get down it is a real bummer.

I am tempted to try a reset as you suggested and see if that helps but I have been pretty hungry lately so I am dreading it. If I don't see movement this next week, I am going to give it a try.

I'm 7 months out and been in a stall for a month. I bounce back and forth between 245 and 253 not even close to my goal.. I get maybe 1,000 calories a day walk 5 to 10 miles so some exercise that don't require weights like squats, lunges, set up etc and it's been driving me.crazy I've tried to eat just a little more in calories and it hasn't helps so I think I'm going to try this for a few days..

@@Djmohr - I'm right there with you!! I can't get below 200 for the life of me :angry:

Changed up my exercise routine a few weeks ago which helped get me off the 203-205 hump, but now I'm stuck on the 202-204 hump. Today I decided to drink Breakfast and lunch and have half of a Quest bar bar between breakfast/lunch and the other half between lunch/supper. I'll eat my small dinner with hubby. I plan to try that during the week this week to see if it helps. I'm pretty good at keeping within my calorie ranges and I do get some physical activity/exercise in each day (intensity and duration varies) and this week the gym is closed through Wednesday for renovations so intensity will be a little less than usual.

Good luck to all of us as we work through these humps and the associated frustrations!!!

If you can physically handle it, I'm experimenting with HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). The idea is to deliberately work to muscle failure by working hard in short bursts. The fatigue creates a huge increase in lactic acid and has been shown to increase the hormone levels for muscle growth and fat loss. It looks like it is not recommended for the long haul, but for a month long period.

It hurts, but only for 20 minutes ;-).

But thanks for the liquid diet idea. I will keep that one in the tool chest.

Bookmarked for in 4 weeks ;)

Kate

Hi everyone stalls happen I am 14 months post opt and was at a stall and I believe my weight us stable because it was the same for 6 months . I just had Tummy Tuck with muscle repair and I am 7 weeks post opt . Stay focus you all hot this and make sure your getting in your Protein and Water .

@@Djmohr I know that it's the most frustrating thing! I'll be honest and say that I haven't had the time to go to the gym in the past two months or so because I've been studying for the bar exam, which is basically a full time job that leaves me with very little (if any) extra time in my day. The three days of liquid was convenient for me and didn't require a change in exercise, so I hope it can be for you too! I know you can do it! Keep me posted!

@@casscrow How's it going? Hope things have been working out for you!

@@MrsSugarbabe I had a horrible 195 hump. Could not break it for the life of me for a month, but it wound up working itself out. I was far less patient this time and wanted my body to just BURN again! How've you been doing?

@@OKCPirate That's an interesting idea, thanks! Might try it when I'm done with the bar exam because I can't handle muscle fatigue right now, pre-bar exam! :P

@@Jewelgirl04 it's getting better. I got sick and had to go to only liquids for a day and that helped me out some when i tried to eat normal food it was a few bites and then full.. So really going backwards can help for a few days.. I'm switching my game up on how I work out and what I do so I can achieve my results..

Edited by casscrow

I have been in a stalled area for almost a year. Part of me says just be happy where you are, but then part of me is ticked as I never broke into the 100's. I so badly want to loose this 47 extra pounds and get to goal but nothing seems to help :(

I too have been in stall for just about 1 year now. I have lost 75 pounds with 45 to go. I have tried everything I can think of. Frustrating to say the least. I am not willing to stop - I had surgery to be at a healthy weight and darn it I am going to do it!

I too have been in stall for just about 1 year now. I have lost 75 pounds with 45 to go. I have tried everything I can think of. Frustrating to say the least. I am not willing to stop - I had surgery to be at a healthy weight and darn it I am going to do it!

I am in the same place @@moveandgroove I document everything I put in my mouth, I wear a flex to track my steps, UGH

Thanks for the tip! I'm in a stall right now stuck at 169 pounds for over two weeks. I am going to try the liquid diet for 3 days and see if it helps me get back on track.

Hi, did this help?

Thanks for the tip! I'm in a stall right now stuck at 169 pounds for over two weeks. I am going to try the liquid diet for 3 days and see if it helps me get back on track.