Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved 6/1. I too normally have to supplement bkfast with a shake then I'm good. I can eat 2oz per meal.

I was sleeved 6/25 and I can eat 4oz at each meal. I eat three meals a day plus 2 Protein Shakes. This works for me so I will keep it up. I have lost a total 37lbs thus far

My surgery was June 18th. My beginning weight last August was 272. My weight at surgery was 258 and at 6 wks out, I am weighing 233 lbs. I'm taking in around 1000 cal a day, with minimum 70 gms of Protein and 70 oz of liquids, which is hard. I have found that fish or shrimp are really easy on my stomach and satisfying. I'm also gluten free due to gluten intolerance for the past 3 years. I'm not exercising like I should, but school starts soon and I'll be walking like crazy. My biggest problem is not drinking while eating. A friend reminded me last night that it will make me eat more and lose less weight, so I'm starting over today with that.

My surgery was June 18th. My beginning weight last August was 272. My weight at surgery was 258 and at 6 wks out, I am weighing 233 lbs. I'm taking in around 1000 cal a day, with minimum 70 gms of Protein and 70 oz of liquids, which is hard. I have found that fish or shrimp are really easy on my stomach and satisfying. I'm also gluten free due to gluten intolerance for the past 3 years. I'm not exercising like I should, but school starts soon and I'll be walking like crazy. My biggest problem is not drinking while eating. A friend reminded me last night that it will make me eat more and lose less weight, so I'm starting over today with that.

How are you able to get 1000 calories? I can not seen to get over 650-700 each day.

Sleeved June 23rd this Tuesday will be 6 weeks since surgery.

HW 296 Jan 1st

SW 257 June 23rd

CW 227 Aug 2nd

Been traveling this summer since surgery and feeling drained. Glad to be done with vacations so I can get my mind caught up with my body.

Things I notice: I was on Iron and vit d before I thought about surgery to get those levels normal by my PCP. I can still take my weekly vit d but the Iron pill makes me so nauseous. So I will have to take up with doc in 2 weeks for my 2 month checkup and bloodwork. Starting my everyday 4 oz per meal menus this week. Nothing has made me sick yet, just chewing as much as possible.

post-253440-1438566474711_thumb.jpg

How are you able to get 1000 calories? I can not seen to get over 650-700 each day.

I sometimes have a tsp of olive oil mayo with my meat, a sprinkling (1/6 c.) of grated cheese, or 1/4 of an avocado to a meal so I can have some good fats. I love Tex-Mex food, so my big splurge is to have 6 corn tortilla chips for a snack.< /p>

I am on 3 meals a day plus 1-2 small Snacks a day, with usually 1 of those being a Protein shake or 1/2 a Qwest bar.

Wow I wanna know how you get 1000. Just today I've only got 400 calories in. I burned over 800 on the treadmill today.

I sometimes have a tsp of olive oil mayo with my meat, a sprinkling (1/6 c.) of grated cheese, or 1/4 of an avocado to a meal so I can have some good fats. I love Tex-Mex food, so my big splurge is to have 6 corn tortilla chips for a snack.< /p>

I am on 3 meals a day plus 1-2 small Snacks a day, with usually 1 of those being a Protein shake or 1/2 a Qwest bar.I get only over 700, and my nut doesn't allow Snacks only 3 meals so don't see how either. But some nut allow snacking. I will have to ask mu nut,at my 2 months follow up in 2 weeks

At 6 weeks, my doc moved me from 700 calories to 1000 a day. I usually get around 900, pretty easily. Protein Shake for breakfast, chicken and green veggies for lunch with a piece of cheese, yogurt for a snack, meat and veg for dinner and then hot tea with cream for evening snack. It all adds up to roughly 900/day.

It never ceases to amaze me how VERY different surgeon and NUT advice is. If we are all having the same procedure than why is it that it is so confusing to hear how everyone does everything so different. I was told I could NEVER eat enough to get my daily needs met as far as Vitamins minerals and Protein. I find it very hard to believe that people can eat 90-120gms of Protein with just food with a sleeve. I was told to do a min of 2 Protein shakes a day (30gm) per shake so that I can try to eat the rest. I also hear some people don't count anything (regarding calories and carbs etc) and some just count every single bite. I get more confused on here hearing all the different practices, I have no idea which is right or wrong or maybe every single process will work, but how the heck do I decide what to do when there is so MUCH conflicting info out there. Feeling very overwhelmed and wondering how to figure out what the heck to do. I keep flip flopping and as a result am stalled. Just want to cry.

I would say do what YOUR Surgeon and NUT tell you and you should be fine. But I find it interesting also the differing approaches. But again, trust your team.

Down 60 lbs in 2 months. Yep, this works

I was sleeved on June 24th, I lost 34 pounds pre-op and have lost 42 pounds since my surgery. I am 5' 11" highest weight last couple of years 454 lbs. Weight day of surgery was 419, as of yesterday August 5th 377. I haven't seen that for 15 years. I am very happy with the my results, my Dr. is awesome. I have been walking but mostly I haven't been so sedentary. Oh yeah I stalled on my 5th week then lost 5 lbs in 4 days.