Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow. Love reading everyone's stories and progress.

I am 46 and was sleeved on June 16th. I am 5'7". Starting wt. 230. Lost 12 lbs. on the liquid pre-op diet. I have lost an additional 23 lbs. since surgery. Total loss so far 35 lbs.

I have been off diabetes meds since admission and blood sugar has remained in the 83 to 115 range. This is a big deal for me as insurance had stopped paying for the medication that worked so well for me. In trying to stay within the insurance formulary, I tried 6 other meds, but the diabetes went out of control. Even the meds that I ended up on for the past year were marginal at best. I am so excited to not be dependent on them right now. Continuing to monitor blood sugar every morning.

I have been "stuck" at 195/196 for a week now. This has coincided with my return to work and me being able to eat "regular" foods (not just "soft"). Calorie consumption is between 500 to 900 per day. I still have a Protein shake every day, but am able to eat eggs, ham, turkey, and fish. Fruits that I have tried are apples, bananas, grapes, and peaches. I never was a big vegetable eater, so I am just now forcing those into the mix this week. Seems like I am having a better tolerance for them now. I am walking about 3 miles per day and riding a recumbent stationary bike for 30 minutes every morning before work.

Despite being "stuck", my measurements are continuing to go down. I have taken in most of my pants and skirts, but it looks like I'll need to do something about the tops soon.

I started this journey because I want to be around for my kids and want to be able to enjoy my grandkids when the time comes. I'm not as concerned with the weight number/size as I am with being healthy (although it is nice to be able to find clothes that fit in a regular store ????). I have had nagging health issues (sleep apnea, Migraines, edema, elevated liver enzymes) for the past 16 years and these have mostly resolved. It's amazing and I am hope I am doing the right things. Seeing surgeon again this week and nutritionist next week.

I was sleeved June 1 and have lost 52 lb total. I lost 15 lb pre surgery and 37 after surgery. My plan is to get min 60 g of Protein and 64 Oz water'standard and for the most part I hit my goal or close to it. My starting weight was 284 and I'm now at 232 I LOVE IT! I hit a stall close to week 4 then scale dropped 10 lb. I seemed to hit another stall at week 7 but scale dropped 2 lb today. I know I'm doing all I should be, so I don't stress on it because I know eventually the scale will drop and there is nothing else I can do to make it go down. Everyone is just so different. I want the scale to drop but when I don't see it move, I say we'll tomorrow it will. I seem to have these stalls but then rapid loss, I accept the pace of my weight loss and just keep moving forward. Let's all stay strong June sleevers!

I hit another stall from Friday to today when the scales finally moved 1.8 lbs. I walked/biked 3 1/2 miles Saturday, took Sunday off, went 3 miles Monday and the Tuesday 3 1/2 miles, took yesterday off and finally they moved. I know that they will move it is a matter of following the plans. I wish I would lose faster but my body has other plans and it seems to need to catch up a lot:)

I am 40, and I was sleeved June 3, 2015. I'm only 5'3" and started out at 366 pounds. After a few stalls, today I reached 60 pounds off total. I feel so much better. My insomnia and Migraines I have had most my life are gone. I wanted to be healthier for my kids and myself. I have found the strength to leave my cheating alcoholic husband, and I'm ready to live my next 40 years to the fullest!

I was sleeved 06/24/15 and I lost regained the same 10th pound several times over the last 2 weeks but I finally lost it and another one this morning! I am so excited! I am hoping my stall is over now. :)

I went back to work and worked 3 days but the pain spot I have on the right side flared up and I was in intense pain right there. Went to the doctor's office and it is not serious. The nurse said and I think she is right that it sounds muscle related. I am back off work for the rest of the week and I am doing everything I can to minimize the irritation to the pain spot. I will be so glad when this heals up!

I used an ice pack on my right side/large incision for the first few weeks and also when I first started to work out. Might want to try and see if that helps:)

I was sleeved on June 8th and pretty much have hit a long stall, about 3 weeks now and only about 3lbs down, however, I have seen this on here ALOT and understand that once you start eating solids again your body can go through lots of adjustments. I am not freaking out yet as I lost a lot the first month. I am really not eating much and always going for Protein and veggies so not sure as to why the stall. I also quit weighing everyday as Water retention etc can vary so much during the week. Hanging in there ;)

Hi all -

I was sleeved on June 12 and started at 213 and I'm 5'1". I lost 10 pounds on the one week pre op liquid died and 19 pounds since then for a total of 29 pounds. I feel good and my clothes are loose but I found that I haven't gone down a size yet. Im trying to exercise more but sprained my ankle so having a hard time with that. My hardest challenge is that I am such a picky eater. I do not like fish of any kind or nuts or cheese. So my choices for Protein are limited. But all in all I'm so happy with my decision to do this and proud of my progress.

I have an update!

I was sleeved 06/24/15 and earlier in the week I posted I had only lost 9lbs.

I am very happy to say it looks like my 2 week stall is finally over. I have lost 3lbs this week!!

I am so excited!!

Also, my pain spot is finally getting better too. :)

Congrats! !!!

Fantastic!! It gives others encouragement to know that the stall won't last for long- my stall was 1 month !! It's slowly coming off again 1lb at a time is better than in the past gaining all the time :)

@@shancanssleevejourney and @@eisorp - Thank you both so much!! I lost another 2 lbs this morning!!! It feels so good to be losing like others I'm reading about. I know I'm not suppose so compare myself to others but that is a lot easier said than done specially when your not losing!!

I was sleeved 6/12/15 and have lost 29 pounds since surgery. I love how I feel but sometimes get frustrated because it seems I stall very often. Does that happen to anyone else?

Yes!! I was sleeved on June 10 and have lost 25lbs. At first I lost 18 lbs quick- afterwards I had a stall of 3 weeks and then slowly 1lb here or there...I have a digital scale so I'm now at 206.2.... That .2 just kills me- this stall and slow progress plays tricks on my mind as to whether or not this is going to work! I'm about 45lbs from my goal so I know I don't have as much to lose as others but it's still difficult