Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 38 year old female in Atlanta Metropolitan Area looking for other people in the area for support while preparing and after going through the Gastric By Pass. I am African American and reside in the North Atlanta Area. I'm a patient at DeKalb Medical and attend a support group there twice per month. Would like to make some friends outside the group as well. My goal weight is 140 from 326 and hoping seeing some results after the surgery helps me stick to this change for a lifetime.

I have been making changes in the types of foods I am eating and need to further modify portions.Also add more exercise. Was hoping that I can just do more and be less hungry after the surgery. Praying my expectations are realistic.Signed my consent papers today and awaiting a pre surgery visit, and surgery date. Requested first available.I was told two weeks to one month is about the average. I am cool with that. I'm getting my play list ready for my walking and hopefully soon jogging.

Also planning to add some fun stuff like xbox zumba and some of the kinnect games for activity. Love the sports just not able to do as much as I had hoped after knew surgery. Everything is getting back to normal. I have weights (3lb and 10lb) Also got wireless scale, food scale, Fitbit Tracker. Lost a few pounds on my own, but gain back often. So want to do something more about this. I have been researching the proceedure and thinking about this for 8 years. So hope this is the best option and that I have few complications.

Hey Tisha, I live in Snellville. I'm having my surgery at Emory in Aug or September. I'm 5 months into my 6 month supervised diet. When is your surgery scheduled?

Hi!

I live in Brookhaven and am just starting the process of finding a surgeon and deciding what type of surgery is right for me. I would love to have it done at Northside or even Piedmont, because those are fairly close to me, but I don't really know where the right surgeon for me is, so I guess that will dictate a lot.

One of my good friends just had hers done at Gwinnett Medical Center and was very happy with everything.