Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@Lisa61282 -- you and me both! ;-) I was sleeved on 6/18 and am pretty darn sick of Protein shakes and cream soups!

Hang in there; you're not alone.

Between the post-op diets and the healing process you really cannot eat much but that does change as you heal. Your diet is limited to mushy and softer foods as you heal but real food is coming. I am at 6 weeks post op and introducing regular foods back in. I can eat about 3/4 cup of food and I get full. I am trying to make better cho0ices than I did pre-surgery and looking at healthier options.

You will get there, just hang in there. Good luck!

Totally normal. You are mourning food. My therapist said "just stay in the present - just in today". I repeat that to myself often. One thing that helped me (though it might not help you at this stage - everyone is different) is I started researching and pinning (to Pinterest) bariatric friendly recipes I wanted to try when I could. I have been cooking WAY more than I ever have before and enjoying it. PLUS the food lasts forever since you can only have a small amount. check out TheWorldAccordingToEggface.com if you haven't already. She has some great recipes and suggestions and just a good overall blog. Good Luck! You will get there!

I am... Let's see 18 days post op now, and YES! I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the long liquid tunnel, but I was pretty miserable for the past week or so about only having liquids. It does get better, and honestly it inspired me to start adding random things to my Protein Shakes to make them better. Today I am very proud, I got 70 grams of Protein and 500 calories with only 12 carbs which is way more than previous days. The problem in currently having is very difficult/hard BMs which is not very fun. Finally moving on from liquids only on Wednesday and the first item up is Eggface's Ricotta bake!