Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Year Today

Well, Its been one year today that I received my band. All in all its been a good experience. I am down well sometimes 85 pounds sometimes 75 pounds. I had a dr app last week he added .2 more after taking out and putting back in over the last couple of months I am back to 1.4. He praises me everytime I go see him telling me how well I have done. He says I have lost 60% of my body weight in the first year and the norm for this surgery is 70% in 5 years. Well that is great but I feel like I should be doing better. I am kinda at a stand still right now. I can't seem to go below the weight that I am now I feel just as fat as I was before I started this process. I have to be honest I have been eating things that I shouldn't not alot but still doing so and I have increased my walking. Now I know I need to get back to being more strict with myself but I need a good boost and I'm not sure just how to get back on track again. My head just doesn't want to cooperate. Does anyone have any good suggestions in getting my head back on straight?

Happy Bandiversary!

You have done a great job with your band. Congrats to you!

I have been at a standstill for a long time too, and I know it is because I am not as strict with myself as I was in the beginning. I think we tend to relax and forget about some things the longer we are banded. I know I eat some things that I totally gave up when I was first banded.

Thanks, Iluvharleys.....I love your name hubby and I bought another harley this year and were enjoying riding so much. Our kids are grown now so we have the time to just take off and ride. Its kinda funny both kids keep asking us aren't you ever going to stay home anymore? Usually we leave Fridayafter work and come back home on Sunday afternoons. It can become very habit forming.

I too am allowing foods that I wouldn't eat in the beginning I just need to get stronger again and JUST SAY NO :-)

I think your weight loss is wonderful! Congratulations on your bandiversary!

I am sure it is hard to keep it up for such a long period of time, I am only starting this journey and am trying to gather all the info I can to help me later down the line.

Here's a link to a thread that a woman who didn't work with her band started, I realize you have done very well, but it is a long and very inspiring thread, nonetheless.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/read-b4-being-banded-my-experience-33351/

Congrats on your weight loss - I just posted a thread on self sabotage, its under the General Discussion. It is written by Tom Venuto, it might be good info for you to read. It deals with self sabogae and self image and steps we can take to prevent them.

Again, congrats on your weight loss, you really have done well, so don't beat yourself up too bad.

Congratulations on your one year and the great weight loss, that's a lot to be proud of.

As for getting your head right, you must be happier now and you must like yourself now. I've noticed since I'm at a "happier" weight, I like me better, actually, I like me a lot. I've been banded for over 2.5 years, haven't lost any weight in a year, but I'm maintaining and I'm a healthier person, isn't that what's the most important.

I'm 57, so I don't expect to be a size 8, whew, could you imagine the sagging skin, yikes, the only thing that looks worse than fat is that sagging skin.

It sounds like you're taking the steps to getting back on track, you've taken a little break, so if you want to reach YOUR goal, you can do it!

Congratulations again for a job well done.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Just remember your goals. Set some mini goals for yourself, say 5 or 10 lbs. Also, make sure you have enough restriction. If you are eating too much get a fill. Its as simple as that. Good luck.

Congrats on your bandiversary! Mine is in a few days! Your weight loss is awesome. I think you know what to do, you just need to DO it! Stop eating/drinking things that don't help you get to your goal, kick up or mix up your exercise routine and read/post here for support. I recently started hypnosis to kick my butt enough to get to my goal weight. Best of health to you!

Happy Bandiversary! I have to tell you I think you're doing great! I also have to tell everyone else here that I know you personally and you look great!!! She and I have the same surgeon. This lady is so nice...she and I met through our nutritionist. I had asked if there was someone who had had Lap Band locally that would be willing to talk to me. I was just banded two weeks ago and blj5362 was a big help to me getting to this point. At my followup appointment, we actually got the chance to meet in person (she also had an appt) and she does look fantastic! If I do as good as she has, I'll be happy.

Take Care!

Renee

I know how you feel, I had a fill on Monday because I wanted one to get down to the lower end of my healthy weight range, on my build, being up at the top end is fine, but still a bit podgy.

My doc was happy enough to do it but did sort of express confusion as to why I was wanting to lose even more, he thought the fact that I was no longer even overweight was marvellous and a 100% success. I'm not someone to do things by halves though, lol, a good result is great but I want better than good. As long as it doesnt take stupid effort to get there or maintain it.

You've done really well though, but I can understand you wanting to do more. However it does get hard from this point, I've had to add in more exercise in the form of weight training as well as running and am looking for tighter restriction - even the 2.9 I have now in my 4ml band isnt restricting me to below 1500 calories a day. I can eat for maintenance just fine but I'm not good at deprivation, lol. And I too found that bad habits were creeping back in but that the fill has fixed that, even if it hasnt made me tight.

Thanks everyone.....You guys really help me more than you know....

rcorn, thanks it was so good to meet you finally, thanks for the compliments but I do have a ways to go before I meet goal and I guess I am going thru the denail thing of not thinking I look any different than before Iwas banded. I feel like I am still at 251. Anytime you need to chat feel free to contact me you know my numbers :-).