Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lmao yes! I just had my first post op poop and I called on Jesus the whole time!

I'm an atheist, but even I would be yelling "JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL" after that.

I was fortunate that my doctor started me on stool softeners in the hospital. I took them for the first 30 days post op. I had my first BM 5 days after surgery and have been regular since. I am also a vegetarian and can't live without my veg. I started adding chopped spinach back to my diet ASAP. On the full liquid stage I would liquefy it into my Protein Shakes. I know drink plenty of Water and eat plenty of veg both raw and cooked. It has never interfered with my Protein intake or my weight loss. I have anywhere from 1 -3 BM's a day.

Wow!! That's how I used to be I miss it... I know I should eat veggies but since I was little I never liked them I'll try to do that know with my new diet maybe my new tummy will like them now :P who know

Just made what I call green base. It's 3 cup of raw kale, 1 cup frozen spinach, ¼ apple peeled, 1/8 cup almond slivers. I put it all in the vitamix with approximately 1/3 cup of Water. Puree it all and the pour into ice cube containers. Each serving is 2 ice cubes and breaks down to:

Calories 154

Total Fat 8 g 13 %
Saturated Fat 1 g 5 %
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0 %
Sodium 8 mg 0 %
Potassium 25 mg 1 %
Total Carbohydrate 20 g 7 %
Dietary Fiber 2 g 6 %
Sugars 8 g
Protein 3 g 7 %
Vitamin A 26 %
Vitamin C 42 %
Calcium 2 %
Iron 7 %
I call it Green Base because you can use it in Soup, or in a Protein smoothie. It's got fiber, nutrients and even a tiny bit of protein. Blended in a drink using the vitamix or nutra bullet it will give it a green color, but the taste is pretty much undetectable.

Somebody told me about Natural Calm, a powder magnesium supplement. It has really helped, and, believe me, I had pineapples! BTW, I started with one heaping teaspoonfull, forget the starting with 1/2. DO NOT let more than two days go by without addressing it!

Drink more Water. Easy peasy.

So more TMI - when do you know if you have an impaction and/or should call the dr? This has been a very long miserable day and still not complete relief and of course, now I have hemorrhoids making it way too painful.

Powdered Miralax in cup of hot herbal tea with honey before bed time. If it affects your stomach you will be sleeping. Will work my mid morning. May take a day or two if you are badly backed up

So more TMI - when do you know if you have an impaction and/or should call the dr? This has been a very long miserable day and still not complete relief and of course, now I have hemorrhoids making it way too painful.

I'd say if you are in pain now is the time to call the doctor.

So I started drinking mango nectar juice as per my doctor since I can't handle prune juice and also found out that my pain meds are the ones causing my Constipation so been sleeve and pain meds are not a good combination lol

I'd say if you are in pain now is the time to call the doctor.

I agree contact your doctor

Oh yeah, pain meds are infamous for causing Constipation. Did you mention that in your earlier posts? I could have missed it. That is a big part of why I hate being on pain killers for any length of time. That and I hate feeling "fuzzy".

Is that juice helping any? I have not heard of anything other than prune juice, but I haven't really looked since it works so well for me.

I have suffered from dumping syndrome for many... many years. When I have a semi formed stool I literally do a happy dance and call my husband to let him know. 5 years of that, I look forward to a bit of Constipation.< /span>

Oh yeah, pain meds are infamous for causing Constipation. Did you mention that in your earlier posts? I could have missed it. That is a big part of why I hate being on pain killers for any length of time. That and I hate feeling "fuzzy".

Is that juice helping any? I have not heard of anything other than prune juice, but I haven't really looked since it works so well for me.

No didn't mentioned before I didn't know until my doctor told me since he prescribes me my pain meds I have chronic back pains so I have to take them... So far the mango juice it has helped but make sure is the nectar with pulp is better not just any mango juice :)

So I had to stay home from work today AND missed a dr appt because I could not actually leave the restroom from the Constipation and difficulty passing. It was awful - AGAIN! I have taken Colace (3 yesterday and 2 pretty consistently every day and only working occasionally), added Benefiber (think it is making it worse), Milk Of Magnesia (seems to work but gives diarrhea for the next 24 hours so I can't leave the restroom for other reasons). I called the dr office and left a message and actually starting crying because I am that miserable and frustrated - AND my tailbone and bladder hurt from where it is pushing on it and I have hemorrhoids and possibly a fissure. Anyway, NP from surgeon office called back and said this may happen the rest of my life. Constipation is a side effect from RNY. Really?! OMG! I have never experienced this kind of pain and frustration except when I had bilateral ureter stents for 3 weeks. At least I could take pain med for that! If I take pain med, it makes the constipation worse. They had given me a sample of Amatiza which is a very strong laxative and the first time I took it, I seriously nearly passed out and had chills. The solution is taking this med twice a day (instead of Colace and Benefiber) and hope that it gets me back to regular. I have not tried Miralax yet but I have in the past and felt it wasn't much better than other solutions. I am still on pureed / soft foods so I really really hope this will get better as time progresses and food progresses. (BTW, NP said as long as I am still going every 3 days, it isn't an emergency and hopefully the Amatiza will get me regular enough to get rid of the stools that cause such pain.) Sorry I am rambling, but I just needed to vent a little. I am so discouraged about this. I cannot keep missing out on life for this problem. This is not why I had the surgery.... combined with the morning nausea, vomiting (probably my fault because I ate too fast) and inability to eat in the morning (because of the nausea), I am beyond discouraged.

Edited by Daisee68