Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your normal days food intake look like?

At my six week follow-up, I was told to have between 800 and 1200 calories. I find that the closer I am to 1200, the more likely I hit a stall.

I recently had my 18 month follow-up and was advised to stay around 1000 calories.

I am jealous! I wish I had been able to get up to 1000 calories at 7 weeks. I was pushing hard to get 800 at that point, so I could start exercising more intensely. I don't think there's anything WRONG with being at 1000 calories at 7 weeks, I just couldn't manage it at that point. You should feel lucky that you can. It will make your recovery easier and let you get back to a more normal activity level sooner.

Really? I was still around 500 at 7 weeks! My surgeon told me 1000-1200 as well but I found if I go over 800 I don't lose. So now I'm at 600-800 and I'm losing again! Yay

i am 4 and a half weeks out and can barely hit 500, i hit 600 sometimes with Protein shakes though.

i have my 5 week appnt next week and in my book it says 600-800 by then...

ask your nutritionist..if you are still losing its all good

I'm a little over 4 weeks and am usually between 550-750 for the last week.

Edited by NoMoreWeightNJ

It's hard to get my Protein about time I work them in I'm at 1000 calories

Wait, if you are getting 1000 calories in and NOT getting your Protein, where are the calories coming from?!?!

I'm getting in but it takes about a thousand calories to get them

What is your Protein goal?

Are you tracking with something like MyFitnessPal?

Are you eating Protein first?

Are you eating high-protein food recommended by your NUT?

If so, you should be ok.

With my protein goal of 100 grams a day, I was initially getting about 1000-1200 a day once I was on solid foods. My NUT said that was fine and that I would still lose at 1400 (I was worried that 1200 was too high). Now, I hover right around 1200 calories.

If you are worried about calories, etc. why not call your NUT?

I focus on eating protein first and nutritious foods. I don't avoid all carbs (just starches like Pasta, bread, rice, etc.).

Be aware that your recovery and weight loss goals should be driven by your protein goals not minimizing calories.

I'm getting in but it takes about a thousand calories to get them

As long as you are getting all your Protein in, I don't think there's anything wrong with 1000 calories a day.