Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 26th Sleevers - 2 week check-in!

I know there was a silver lining to still being on full liquids--no stall. Sleeved on 26th also, down 44 pounds calorie intake avg 400-700, with 60-70gm of Protein? ???

Mulepick try and cut back 500 calories see if it breaks the stall

Afraid 500 will allow me to pass out vs. just getting dizzy. Dropped two pounds since yesterday, we'll see if that continues.

My NUT says that 1500 cal a day at this point is way to much. 1000 should be your max. You might try it and see if it helps. Just remember that 3900 + calories a day is what got us to where we are. It will work for you if you just work it. Keep up the good work.

Edited by navymom1

My NUT and surgeon said I should be getting 1000-1200 calories a day, but I'm getting around 800 max.

I had my first work dinner since surgery last night and it was hard. Only two people know I had surgery. I said no to canapés, champagne and wine. Ihad salmon and the fish and had to leave most of it. Everybody thought I was sick! I did have a chocolate dipped strawberry so all in all I am quite pleased with myself. I do have a headache this morning due to not drinking Water but at least it is not a hangover!

I had my first work dinner since surgery last night and it was hard. Only two people know I had surgery. I said no to canapés, champagne and wine. Ihad salmon and the fish and had to leave most of it. Everybody thought I was sick! I did have a chocolate dipped strawberry so all in all I am quite pleased with myself. I do have a headache this morning due to not drinking Water but at least it is not a hangover!

Congrats! That's definitely a NSV...saying no at those types of events is really difficult. I had a family event last weekend and it was really hard for me to say no and set limits. I'm not looking forward to having to do the same thing again at the 4th of July! My workplace does pizza and beer every Friday for lunch, and so far, I've resisted it, thank god. They also do some salads and other items, but nothing that is too healthy.

Thanks for that. I know the feeling. We have a morning tea every Friday consisting of pies and other pastries. I have stayed away as it easier than confronting some of my favorite things!

Hi! I was sleeved may 26th, down 65 lbs! Really struggling with keeping good eating habits and emotional eating. Feeling like loss has come to a screeching halt. Trying to come up with a game plan to correct this.

How are you doing?

Edited by jordantaylor

I had posted this on another may sleevers thread but am happy to add it here as well! Sleeved May 26th, 2015. HW 255.6 SW 204.7 CW 153

Over 100lbs lost and very close to getting under 150 which to me is a mini goal of mine! I had set my goal at 140 so I am very close to that now! I may teething it as the scales continue to move, if the weight continues to come off then I think I will reset my goal weight to less than that!!!

Btw I reached the four month mark and my head does not like my hair anymore!!! ????

Edited by mtraverse

@@vgsmommy @@jordantaylor @@mtraverse - Congrats to you all!

Jordan - I'm in a similar situation -- I've definitely realized how easy it still is to overeat or eat unhealthy foods still....This is all way easier than times I've tried before, but it is - by no means - easy. When I had a really big stall, I started going to the gym a few days a week and it really helped kick my weight loss back into action.

I see a therapist twice a month who I've seen since I was 13, and I absolutely love talking to her (and it helps with dealing with my depression and anxiety on a daily level), but I've started to think some of my problems are above her head....I'm thinking about trying to find a psychiatrist/therapist who specializes in disordered eating to help me work through my problems. Better to do it now than later, right? I just don't know how to approach the issue with my main therapist!

My "stats"

HW: 340

SW: 320 (326 after getting out of hospital...)

CW: 277

So that's a little over 40 pounds lost in 4 months....not too bad, right? Wish it was more, but the scale is still moving down, so I'm happy! Plus I haven't been this weight in forever!

My hair's started coming out like CRAZY the last couple of weeks. I have to clean my shower and hairbrushes constantly...And I wear yoga pants almost every day (or dresses/skirts) because none of my jeans/regular pants really fit anymore....super frustrating!

@Sara51692. I see a psychatrist and therapist also for anxiey, stress eating. I thought after surgery my stress eating would end.. NOT. So since then my psychatrist has restarted me on 100mg of sertraline. It truly has helped me with my anxiousness and stress over eating. I strongly recommend seeing a psychatrist. But you are doing an amazing job. You have lost over 40lbs in the past 4 mths. Way to go!

Thanks!

I'm glad to hear somebody else is seeing two people...makes me feel better about trying to find one. I found a place near where I live called Behavioral Nutrition which specializes in eating disorders and the like, and I'm hoping to get an initial evaluation there and see what they recommend. I'm on prozac and wellbutrin for my depression, but I've only been taking them sporadically (NOT good), but I'm wondering if something else would help me with my other issues.

@Sara51692. I see a psychatrist and therapist also for anxiey, stress eating. I thought after surgery my stress eating would end.. NOT. So since then my psychatrist has restarted me on 100mg of sertraline. It truly has helped me with my anxiousness and stress over eating. I strongly recommend seeing a psychatrist. But you are doing an amazing job. You have lost over 40lbs in the past 4 mths. Way to go!

60# lost to date but worried about a slow down. Still eating right, exercising, but losing only 1-2# per week. Still have ~90# to go.