Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please say it gets easier! :-(

So right now at 2 weeks post op I am hungry alot and this weekend we are camping, so there is good Snacks & food everywhere & I am eating mush.. .this is so hard..not only that but my anxiety & moods are not the greatest (I have a mood disorder already) because I can't turn to food for comfort in times of stress.. I feel like I have no out, I quit smoking over a year ago & now I just feel so deprived & like there is nothing to turn too.

I feel like I am paying the price for wanting to be thin :-/

I don't want to think of it that way though.

I hope I can get past this hard part.

I can't even have an adult beverage around the campfire :-/

Take a deep breath. It DOES get easier.

You are only 2 weeks post op so of course you are healing and the hunger is normal. You are doing everything right - stick with the mushiness, and know that this too shall pass - you will be eating solid food again soon. Don't rush it.

My surgeon advised me during the mushies and soft food phases, "when you are hungry, eat". This was helpful for me - having "permission" to eat when I needed to made me feel so much calmer and in control. Maybe this will work for you, too? Keep your tummy full and you will feel sated and in control.

You need to remember the reason you had surgery and keep your eye on that gorgeous prize. Trust in the process - and it is a process - you will get thorough this! Keep breathing in and out and take it one day at a time.

((hug))!

Just my opinion, but yes, it does get much much easier. Remember, you have to go through each phase for a reason, and remind yourself they are temporary ,NOT forever. I was banded 2 weeks before Christmas, so I get your whole "cant eat like the others, etc. " But remember, the "others "didn't choose to have WLS, but you did to get healthy and strong ! So instead of trying to turn to food to deal with stress, try finding a non food hobby or something that makes you happy. We've all been in your shoes, so keeping a positive, '' I can do it !" attitude will get you alot farther than an "I can't have it " attitude . When your pants start getting loose and you start getting compliments, you'll know why it was sooooo worth it !! Good luck !!

The first 3 months were extremely difficult and down right frustrating to me....I was as hungry as ever, surgery or not, actually gained weight after my first fill of 4cc's, Was told I needed to start counting calories, measuring portions, etc, which is all fine...but that was everything I did on every diet I have ever been on....I didn't need to go through surgery to repeat the same old stuff that failed every time....Surgery was supposed to be different , No?

Felt I wasted all my time , all the preparation, the anxiety, and $$...all for a big nothing!!!!!

But know this, and this is from MY experience only....after a few months, a few fills, things did change....my hunger, cravings, the need for food all were taken care of...the inability to overeat...no more binge eating....all gone!

It did take a while FOR ME to adjust to what the band was doing, not the other way around....but once I did stat to earn new habits, this lap band surgery became the BEST, EASIEST, GREATEST thing I could have ever done....I lost all my excess weight...and it was, and still is, Heaven...

It did become "The easy way out".....HOWEVER...and I did have to go through Hell, (bandster hell) to get to Heaven. It was difficult, hard work.

Unfortunately, from what I read, many people are not up to the challenge, resist change...so they back down....then come back and say the band failed them, it's not working, or they can't keep anything down because they refuse to change what and how they eat...

So yes, it can be tough....and sometimes change is hard....we don't like change, least I don't.

But all I am saying is this thing does work!

B-52 - May I ask what it was for you that "tipped the scale" (no pun intended, I swear) for you at around that 3 month mark when the weight started slipping off? Was it the new habits you settled into? Mind sharing what they were with the kind folks out here?

I'm 4 weeks post op. I eat when I'm hungry and I'm even allowed to have red or white vine (I don't think though). I'm sure you can do that as well. Just no beer.

But I feel your pain. Being on liquid diet or soft food is terrible in the long run! But you can do it. The 4 weeks went by faster than I thought they would.

Get yourself some hummus. on my mushy stage I was allowed corn tortilla chips to go with the chili I was also allowed to have. I can see you sitting in front of the campfire with a little bag of chips and your hummus laughing and talking and being social. make yourself a little ice chest that you have made several dips like stuff. use your blender and get creative. never mind all the food going around. you have determination on your side and can have a great time without food.