Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 weeks post missing food

It gets better! I am 6 weeks out today. I've fought against this damn sleeve. I've tried and tried to eat what and when I shouldn't, and too fast to boot. I've chewed and spit food to try to get some enjoyment out of it, which for me is extremely problematic, as this is an eating disordered behavior that I engaged in before the sleeve and have worked with a therapist for two years to overcome. I have and do sit in restaurants with my beloved and feel angry that he can eat and I can't. But each day I become a little more accepting. Everyday I slime and food comes back up, at some point I feel a little ill, I'm not perfect I still try to buck the system. What I do notice is each day is better than the last. Each day I am able to feel my level of fullness a little better. I am chewing and spitting less. Something that is helping is only putting on a plate the amount of food I can handle. Keep up the good fight, this too shall pass.

I'm still putting too much on my plate. Two years out and I cannot seem to judge accurately the amount of food I can eat. I have cut way back on portion sizes but I put more than I can hold every time.

Old habits die hard and the desire to eat a lot never dies at all. It's just a matter of accepting it and making the best of this new life.

Surgery was June 3rd. I am already sick of Protein Shakes. And my stomach growls soon after them. The only thing that helped my hunger today was V8. It's going to be a long week.

Surgery was June 3rd. I am already sick of Protein shakes. And my stomach growls soon after them. The only thing that helped my hunger today was V8. It's going to be a long week.

Remember, fluids are the most important thing for us right now (I was sleeved 6/2), but there are good ways to get Protein in without the shakes. Do you have any of the protein powders? I have two different powders: Isopure Zero Carb vanilla - 25g protein per scoop, and GENEPRO tasteless powder, 30g protein per scoop. The GENEPRO is really spendy, so I use it sparingly - mostly using the Isopure. You can get them both through Amazon.< /p>

Here are three of the things I've been eating:

Super Milk Pudding: SF pudding (I like cheesecake flavor) make up with 2c skim milk and 2/3 c powdered skim milk. Makes 8 servings 1/4 c each. You can add a scoop of vanilla Protein Powder if you want to amp up the protein. Without the powder it's 3g of protein per 1/4 cup (which is a great amount, I've found). If I add the Protein Powder, it doubles the protein to 6g.

Cream of Wheat or Cream of Rice: Cook Cereal according to package directions. Dissolve 1 scoop protein powder in 1/4c milk. Stir into hot Cereal. Mix in 1/8 t cinnamon and one MINI squeeze of Stevia (if that - I found it too sweet so next time I'm leaving out the Stevia altogether). This makes 2 servings 1/2 cup each. It slides right down and has 15g of protein in each of the 2 servings.

Broth: Heat 1 c broth (homemade or canned low sodium) and mix in 1 scoop Genepro tasteless protein powder. 30g protein in the one cup.

Anybody else have any good ideas / recipes for "full liquid" recipes? ???

Surgery was June 3rd. I am already sick of Protein shakes. And my stomach growls soon after them. The only thing that helped my hunger today was V8. It's going to be a long week.

Remember, fluids are the most important thing for us right now (I was sleeved 6/2), but there are good ways to get Protein in without the shakes. Do you have any of the protein powders? I have two different powders: Isopure Zero Carb Vanilla - 25g protein per scoop, and GENEPRO tasteless powder, 30g protein per scoop. The GENEPRO is really spendy, so I use it sparingly - mostly using the Isopure. You can get them both through Amazon.

Here are three of the things I've been eating:

Super Milk Pudding: SF pudding (I like cheesecake flavor) make up with 2c skim milk and 2/3 c powdered skim milk. Makes 8 servings 1/4 c each. You can add a scoop of vanilla protein powder if you want to amp up the protein. Without the powder it's 3g of protein per 1/4 cup (which is a great amount, I've found). If I add the protein powder, it doubles the protein to 6g.

Cream of Wheat or Cream of Rice: Cook cereal according to package directions. Dissolve 1 scoop protein powder in 1/4c milk. Stir into hot cereal. Mix in 1/8 t cinnamon and one MINI squeeze of Stevia (if that - I found it too sweet so next time I'm leaving out the Stevia altogether). This makes 2 servings 1/2 cup each. It slides right down and has 15g of protein in each of the 2 servings.

Broth: Heat 1 c broth (homemade or canned low sodium) and mix in 1 scoop Genepro tasteless protein powder. 30g protein in the one cup.

Anybody else have any good ideas / recipes for "full liquid" recipes? ???

I have 3 flavors of isopure. I also have muscle milk. I am on liquids only so no pudding or cream of wheat (thanks tho, they will come in handy next week). I have gotten in all my required protein and all my fluids by 6 PM. I was hoping that Protein Shakes would fill me up for an hour or so but my stomach seems to pass them on as if they are Water. May have to call dietician on Monday.

Well I'm nine months out, my situation was different as I worked in a very isolated area, and couldn't drink Protein shakes, so I jumped into real foods right away (ten days after surgery). Where I work all meals are provided, so I couldn't "request" certain things, I just ate what they had, very little and very slowly. Tonight just happens to be wing and steak night, and even being nine months out, I might be able to eat 3-4 wings, and at that point I'll be happy. I might have two wings and a few bites of steak, not because that's all I'm allowed, but because that's all I want, I might even nibble on a few veggies, I might not, I might have an extra bite of steak, but the desire to over eat is gone, not the desire to eat.

food cravings for me never left, ever, I still crave the same things I craved the months before surgery, the day before surgery, the day after surgery and now nine months after surgery, and I still enjoy every single one of my cravings, but it's so wonderful to go out for chinese food and MAYBE eat 1/4 cup, or out for pizza and maybe eat one small piece, and be completely happy to be done. That's it, that's all, I DON'T WANT ANY MORE, even if I could eat more, I just don't want to.

I was a foodie, I loved food, I absolutely loved food, I loved cooking food, feeding others food and I loved eating, and I still do each and everyone of those things. This is a tool to get your life under control, to get a grip on what you think is the most important thing in your life, the rest is up to you, this is NOT a death sentence with food, it's a learn to enjoy the quality, not the quantity.

Best of luck to you!

I have 3 flavors of Isopure. I also have muscle milk. I am on liquids only so no pudding or cream of wheat (thanks tho, they will come in handy next week). I have gotten in all my required Protein and all my fluids by 6 PM. I was hoping that Protein Shakes would fill me up for an hour or so but my stomach seems to pass them on as if they are Water. May have to call dietician on Monday.

Isn't it funny how different doctors do it differently? I was on Clear Liquids for the first 24 hours, now I'm on "full liquids" for 2 weeks. Basically, that means anything that will fit through a fine sieve. Best of luck to you! We can do this!!!

I'm one week out and I really should've stayed in the house my family is having a cookout ..TV commercials are the worst..oh & food commercials on the radio !! I can't escape .????