Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey there September sleevers! Any one out there?

Surgery date in exactly one month. Wow. Feeling nervous, anxious. @@notforthefaint the comment you made "just think we'll all be at goal weight in a year" really struck a chord for me. I've been trying to work past my anxiety about whether or not I am making the right decision, and that really helped to remind me of why I even started this journey. So thank you!

Now I am feeling that excitement again. Yay!

Been trying all different shakes for months too notforthefaint. Also thought it would be preparing me for surgery.

I am self-pay and am aiming to schedule my sleeve for the last week of September.

Surgery date in exactly one month. Wow. Feeling nervous, anxious. @@notforthefaint the comment you made "just think we'll all be at goal weight in a year" really struck a chord for me. I've been trying to work past my anxiety about whether or not I am making the right decision, and that really helped to remind me of why I even started this journey. So thank you!

I also get my surgery date on the 9th of September. Will most likely be last week of month

Now I am feeling that excitement again. Yay!

I'm starting to buy everything I will need pre op and post op. All Vitamins, Protein powders, nutri ninja, promixxer, dual Water bottles for Protein Shakes and smoothies... also a 32oz water bottle, gas-x, and a few things to add to my overnight bag. I'm planning to go grocery shopping a few days before for my Jello, broths, crystal light, and popsicles.... all sugar free of course. I like to plan ahead and be organized ...lol

When you go shopping, I recommend restraint till you understand how your taste buds may change. I tried to be prepared,too. My taste buds changed so drastically, I didn't like most of what I bought (and normally liked.) Loved cherry flavor before...hated it after surgery. Loved chocolate flavor before...hated it after. Loved lemon flavored before surgery...hated it after. I had to send friends out shopping for vanilla everything.....pretty much. I would recommend buying enough for a cpl days and if your taste buds stay the same, send someone shopping at that point. That way if they change and you hate what you've stocked, you're not out that much $$. I still have pudding in my fridge, Soups in my pantry, and my surgery was in April. I won't touch it still. Next food drive out they go! So much for being prepared,lol. ????, I wasn't prepared for my taste buds to change so drastically. I still get dry heaves at the thought of having to eat those flavors. Just a thought I felt I should pass on. ???? Hope it helps.

Just submitted to my insurance last week, after changing doctors. Hope to know by the end of this week when surgery can be scheduled. Could be end of August, or early September.

Got my date this morning: September 30.

I guess that makes me a September sleever. :)

Apparently it takes months once you see the surgeon for my insurance. Looks like I won't be Sept or Oct. Sigh. So disappointing.

Apparently it takes months once you see the surgeon for my insurance. Looks like I won't be Sept or Oct. Sigh. So disappointing.

it will happen

Was banded 3/13/2013, my tentative band to sleeve revision date is September 22nd, or 24th! So excited to get this thing OUT of me!!

I'm starting to buy everything I will need pre op and post op. All Vitamins, Protein powders, nutri ninja, promixxer, dual Water bottles for Protein shakes and smoothies... also a 32oz water bottle, gas-x, and a few things to add to my overnight bag. I'm planning to go grocery shopping a few days before for my Jello, broths, crystal light, and popsicles.... all sugar free of course. I like to plan ahead and be organized ...lol

When you go shopping, I recommend restraint till you understand how your taste buds may change. I tried to be prepared,too. My taste buds changed so drastically, I didn't like most of what I bought (and normally liked.) Loved cherry flavor before...hated it after surgery. Loved chocolate flavor before...hated it after. Loved lemon flavored before surgery...hated it after. I had to send friends out shopping for vanilla everything.....pretty much. I would recommend buying enough for a cpl days and if your taste buds stay the same, send someone shopping at that point. That way if they change and you hate what you've stocked, you're not out that much $$. I still have pudding in my fridge, Soups in my pantry, and my surgery was in April. I won't touch it still. Next food drive out they go! So much for being prepared,lol. ????, I wasn't prepared for my taste buds to change so drastically. I still get dry heaves at the thought of having to eat those flavors. Just a thought I felt I should pass on. ???? Hope it helps.
great info thanks for sharing!

it will happen

Thanks. The nurse told me months. It's a wait and see game at this point. I have all my evaluation scheduled for this month, which is what she said takes months, so... maybe early October for me? This is such a roller coaster.

it will happen

Thanks. The nurse told me months. It's a wait and see game at this point. I have all my evaluation scheduled for this month, which is what she said takes months, so... maybe early October for me? This is such a roller coaster.

Another test in patience (as if we haven't had enough, right?) I had all of my evals scheduled in the first part of May in honest hopes of having my surgery in July - My surgery was finally scheduled last week for September. I've learned that you can do all that is humanly possible to move the process along and it still won't happen until the doctor's office get all of their surgical clearance reports to your surgeon. The waiting can be frustrating, but it did give me time to do MORE WLS research and MORE honest soul searching to know, without a doubt, that I am on the right path. Hang in there!

Surgery date of September 8th! Excited and terrified all at once!

I'm scheduled for September 14th and I feel exactly the same way, Kgl24!