Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC

Thank you both so much!! I fly out Monday morning ^_^

MOTM wishing you safe travels to SoCal 8)

So excited as everyone reaches their day!

MOTM wishing you safe travels to SoCal 8)

So excited as everyone reaches their day!

I wish I could fast forward go Christmas hehehe but I guess we can't always have an easy way out :P nice to dream though haha

You mentioned the holidays and I've been wondering how people are feeling as the holidays approach. For most of us it will our first sleeved holiday. I dont know if I will have a bit of wine, what to try, etc. Still have some weeks to think about it!!

So today is day 4 back at work. I would not have chose to work 4 days in a row sunce I work 12 hour shifts, but our schedule had no other places for me to put myself down (old nurses are very set in their ways). So I told you guys I lost my lunch the first day. The second day I "lost" my turkey Jerky, and then yesterday I was talking to a co-worker and a man came up to her to speak to her and had such a strong scent ( nice way to say BO), I had to hurry and get away from him and made it outside to the fresh air and awaiting trash can which ended up with my afternoon snack I had eaten in it. I'm so sad I keep vomiting up my much needed Protein. My nose is SUPER sensitive now. I was safe at home with no strange smells or situations, and now some of the things I've deemed safe to eat have not stayed down. I have today to get through and then I'll be off til Friday thankfully.

You mentioned the holidays and I've been wondering how people are feeling as the holidays approach. For most of us it will our first sleeved holiday. I dont know if I will have a bit of wine, what to try, etc. Still have some weeks to think about it!!

So today is day 4 back at work. I would not have chose to work 4 days in a row sunce I work 12 hour shifts, but our schedule had no other places for me to put myself down (old nurses are very set in their ways). So I told you guys I lost my lunch the first day. The second day I "lost" my turkey Jerky, and then yesterday I was talking to a co-worker and a man came up to her to speak to her and had such a strong scent ( nice way to say BO), I had to hurry and get away from him and made it outside to the fresh air and awaiting trash can which ended up with my afternoon snack I had eaten in it. I'm so sad I keep vomiting up my much needed Protein. My nose is SUPER sensitive now. I was safe at home with no strange smells or situations, and now some of the things I've deemed safe to eat have not stayed down. I have today to get through and then I'll be off til Friday thankfully.

b2b - what do you think caused the inability to keep food down? Do you think it was only related to your sense of smell, or related to other things? I hope things get better for you!

On another note - I'm having trouble posting in the Ladies powder Room...well, I'm having trouble posting, period! This new website has been causing some difficulties...anyway, so I checked out my calendar. My surgery is scheduled for Feb 17th and SO is my lovely monthly visitor! What a bummer...I've never actually had my period while having any surgical procedures before.....I'm hoping I won't have to deal with cramps PLUS recovering from surgery! Granted, I do have PCOS so it's not like my period always comes when it's supposed to, so maybe it will postpone itself for my surgery ;)

I'm so excited, tomorrow I'm paying for my surgery in full...no going back now! AND even better, my co-worker might be going with me to Dr. Ortiz to have the sleeve done as well! It would be SO nice to have the support from someone else in the office being sleeved the same time as me! I haven't told many people, but the people I have told have been very positive... also, some of the people I've told I fibbed a little and said I'm going to CAlifornia for the surgery. I hate lying, but I'm dealing with so much right now, the last thing I need is people telling me how dangerous MExico is, or how many deaths occur, etc. I've done my research and I'm SO happy with all of YOUR shared responses and experiences, especially Back2barb and hoosiergirl, that I know I'm making the right choice.

Thank you both so much!! I fly out Monday morning ^_^

Best of luck to you Mouse!!

b2b, I'm glad you will get a few days at home to rest and re-discover some "safe" foods.  I wonder why our senses change after surgery?  It could also be your body rebelling against the long shifts back to back.  My surgery is on Dec.4th and I'm not taking any time off work (other than the time I am away) but I work from a home office and can take breaks whenever I need to.

How are you feeling about the new food choices and portions you are eating now?  Do you miss any of the old foods?  This is my biggest fear...missing my old comfort foods.

Enjoy your days off!

Also...what Multi Vitamins and shakes are you guys using? I live in Canada and so shipping costs and taxes make the OCC recommended products more expensive. Have you used alternatives?

So I just flew home last night from OCC!!! Wonderful experience for the most part! This morning I woke up with terrible sore throat and I jus wanna cry! Thought it was going to be smooth sailing! I do not want to deal with a cold on top of it all!

Healthbound and Covatila, I'm not sure. It may be a combination of a few things (back to work, long shifts, new environment), but I was chatting with Raven and the first 2 times I may have been eating too fast not paying attention. It seems like I eat at the same pace at home though. IDK. I got really warm and extra "burpy" too. My new stronger sense of smell is also noted at home- I'm having an issue with the trash can as well. I did start noticing it preop though too. I just had liquids at work and waited until I came home early yesterday to eat and I had Chipotle which I ate from twice with no problem. Also you may want to just take an OTC multi Vitamin and a low carb low cal low sugar high Protein Shake from your healthier grocer until you get to the OCC and bring enough money with you when you go to get what you need while your there. As far as food choices, I'm still not very hungry and the food really hasn't been at the forefront of my mind. I've been eating the same things- chicken turkey greek yogurt Protein Shakes and Jerky. You can't really vary much because of what has the high Protein content. I haven't had any kind of comfort foods- the closest would be a couple small spoons of mashed potatoes with my meal on occasion. I would love to have some saltines but I don't even want to try one because then I'll remember how good they are. If you're going to be home you will be so good. Lucky!! I'm moreso thinking about what to do on Thanksgiving. Our thanksgiving is HUGE at my boyfriend's mom's home- upwards of 50-75 people and food everywhere. I want to try a couple things but the last thing I want to do is get sick.

P.S. Covatila, people are very judgmental when you tell them you're going to Mexico, so fib away! Also if you haven't told them about it don't! Then you won't have to deal with people looking at you different- staring you up and down and commenting. I thought my co-workers were able to handle my being forward with my decision but some have been a bit annoying. I've had to tell 2 so far don't call me skinny (hello are you for real?) and don't stare me up and down and bring that up every time we talk. The less you have to deal with that the better, but the positive has outweighed the negatives for sure. They will look at you with a side eye to try to figure out what's different about you. That's kind of funny actually to see people try to figure out what's changed about you when they don't know.

At my first layover, next stop... SAN DIEGO!

I everyone, I'm booked for surgery December 8th with Dr. Ortiz he is with ALighterMe and I'm wondering if any one has used him? I hear lots about the hospital and staff but not so much with him, I have had a friend that used him and her experience was great, but any feed back would be great!

Ok now I'm really starting to freak out! Nasty sore throat And my temp is 100.2! :(

Did you get liquid Tylenol? I had SF halls for my throat too because it was sore from the intubation.